• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (Official) Sora Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrafkash777

Smash Rookie
as far as im concerned sora would be an amazing addition to brawl but like others im tryin not to get my hopes up cuz megaman has such a better track record with the big N. of course IMO Sora>MM anyday but im not gonna be crushed if he is beat by MM. If MM is in brawl tho i would rather hope his costume and moves are designed around the X series or the Battle Network series cuz i mean come one sure the NES days for the blue bomber were cool but he looked like quite the.......wimp lol. Id also be kinda miffed if sora turned out to be just an AT or sticker. i mean thats like haha J00 N0 G3T H1M AND I N0W SLAP J00 W1T W3T F1SH!1!1!!11!!!!1

IllidR

Smash Champion
as far as im concerned sora would be an amazing addition to brawl but like others im tryin not to get my hopes up cuz megaman has such a better track record with the big N. of course IMO Sora>MM anyday but im not gonna be crushed if he is beat by MM. If MM is in brawl tho i would rather hope his costume and moves are designed around the X series or the Battle Network series cuz i mean come one sure the NES days for the blue bomber were cool but he looked like quite the.......wimp lol. Id also be kinda miffed if sora turned out to be just an AT or sticker. i mean thats like haha J00 N0 G3T H1M AND I N0W SLAP J00 W1T W3T F1SH!1!1!!11!!!!1
I don't think if Sakurai went through the trouble of getting the rights to use him in Brawl they would put him in a low priority role like an AT or a sticker.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
This may be a weak argument but I can see another reason why Sora can be in Brawl.

It doesn't involve Sora in the game but he was the basis of everything so far, and thanks to his success in Kingdom Hearts (I, CoM, II), there will be more KH games (as some of you may already know). There will be a PSP version and a DS version, and producers are working on fixing the system for the DS since it lacks several key buttons. And again, Sora is not in the game, but what better way to start marketing for the KH franchise than to include Sora in a mainstream Nintendo game? (They did this for Marth and Roy in Melee, and look how popular Fire Emblem became in the states later on. Sure heck got Ike's popularity up and earned him a spot in the cast.)

Surely, this will be a good move on both Nintendo and Sony's side, not to mention, Disney as well to some degree. I know Sora should not be used for pure marketing purposes, but this could be motivation for future KH games, especially for the 358/2 Days game.

And please, no more of this fanboy/anime references. In retrospect, if it applies to Sora, then it applies to Megaman, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Geno, and heck, the rest of Brawl's cast. Just because we support doesn't mean it will happen. Let us be and if you don't like here, go make an Anti-Sora thread (only for it to be closed) or go support someone else.

So maybe after my argument, Sora's chances went from slightly to a-little-more-than-slightly.

...hopefully...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yes, yes, I meant Square. Thanks for picking that up. I was really into getting in my ideas that I guess I rushed a bit.

courte

Smash Lord
Want sora for brawl? yes!!
expect it?! 50/50!!
get my hopes up?? hell no!!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
@ Guy above me. Lol you double posted.

They did one for Captain Falcon why not Pacman? Pacman does have ghosts that can float maybe he could summon them like King Dedede and they float him up a little bit... Or something. :O He would be unique at the least.
Good Point...

Do you think you could possibly add my FS idea to the first post? Wait does the guy would made the first post even frequent the boards anymore? and Where is the list of supporters?

List of Supporters is on my post (Pg 11)... 3D render FTW.

This is a support thread?

Sora's chances to be in Brawl are almost zip to nothing. I can't see why you fanboys continually insist on his appearance...
I wouldent concider myself a Fanboy any day of the year, its not my fault KH: CoM (the worst KH game) outsold any Megaman game on the Gameboy advance. Proving KH to be more popular. (Supposedly.)

Seriously, CoM outsold everey Megaman game for the Advance. and the whole "Megaman has been around longer" thing dosent mean jack.

Found a good pic.

Added Greatest KH Fights of all time to my Super post (Pg 11)

This section is prettymuch what fights inspired me for the bosses/music/stages/moves and stuff...

1. Sora and Riku vs. Xemnas (KH II final fight)
2.Sora Donald and Goofy vs. Ansem(Heartless) (KH I final fight)
3. Roxas vs. Twilight Thorn (First Boss fight of KH II)
4. Sora vs. Roxas (World that never was, it was a Cutscene)
5. Riku vs. Roxas (Flashback in KH II)
6. Roxas vs. Axel (Second time, Axel uses really cool fire moves, Roxas w/ 2 keys)
7. Sora vs. Riku (KH I the second time you face him in Hollow Bastion, Before he turns into ansem)
8.Sora vs. Leon/Squall (KH I mini boss fight in Traverse Town, 1st time)
9. Sora and Axel vs. Nobody army (Really sad scene in KH II, awesome though)
10. Sora vs. Darkside (any time. its not that great of a Fight.. but its still pretty cool)

courte

Smash Lord
like the recolors/forms although i feel theyd probably keep him to about the 6-max maybe seven
Green Blue and Red would be mandatory 3
A black or white one (white most likely as default is black enough 4
Limit form reminds me slightly of his first outfit maybe they'll just use the exact colors from kh one?? 5
and of course the default 6
and yellow ftw which is black enough 7

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm up for it.. so I don't have to go to page 11 everytime to see the main post.
You realize you can just hit "Last >", and not go page by page?

Anyway, Courte, you're right. Sora already has some awesome recolors.

Original > Sora (KH1)
Black > Sora (KH2)
Red > Goofy Limit (KH2)
Blue > Donald Limit (KH2)
Green > (Just use the Donald Limit and make it green)

And then we could either have either yellow or silver recolor, depending on what his FS would be, which would most likely be Final Form.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
New FS idea

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for Sora being in Brawl..but honestly If he were in and if i could give him a Final Smash..it would have to be "Transformation" cant thank of a better name at the moment :p but I think it fits him perfectly. Transformation is a random Final Smash, and by random i mean Sora can turn into one of four forms from KH2, depending on how lucky you are, you may get the form you want. Those forms are..

- Wisdom Form (Blue) - Sora does not touch the ground, he is levitating the entire time, he uses magic to destroy anyone who is in his way. This form has a 35% chance to proc .

- Valor Form (Red) - Sora has two key blades and red electricity is covering him head to toe, he seems to be very energetic and releases a series of combos to whomever is foolish enough to fight the real *smash king*. This form has a 35% chance to proc.

- Master Form (Goldish-Yellow) - Sora Dual wields two key blades (like valor form) but one is held in the air by magic. Basically this is a combination of Valor and Wisdom form, and this form specifically gives you insane aerial attacks, the downside to this form though is that it does last 2/3 the time Valor or Wisdom form would. This form has a 20% chance to proc.

- Final Form (White) - Sora's most powerful form, it's the ultimately combination of both physical and magical attacks, also Final Form gives Sora the ability to glide not fly, glide- however it does have one downside, this form last even shorter than Master form, 1/3 the time of Valor-Wisdom to be specific. This form has a 10% chance to proc.

Sora's Final Smash is what would mainly make him a unique character imo (if this was his FS).

Sora4Brawl!

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
^

Interesting, but that's a lot to program. I think his form colors should just be his alternate costumes, but it's not a bad idea if there is enough time put into it.

(But again, I don't want Sakurai and the rest of the programmers to spend so much time on one character, because that takes away from other parts of the game, like other characters, the Subspace Emissary, Event mode, and so on.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
You guys forgot heartless form Sora. My tied favorite with final form. He just becomes an offensive beast.
Read my post on page 11. it has Anti Sora.

Blasphemy is put down as supporter. So is Reckoning A16

Im thinking difrent color keyblades for afew of the outfits, like the Kings Key for Green, A Black one for Shadow.

Wonder what ParamoreRiot got banned for >.>

@ guy who thinks we dont need a new thread. You cant reach page 11 from everey page of the thread like you can page one, and putting the largest, and most widley accepted post as the first is a no-brainer. Plus, Id like to get rid of the pages of Sora vs. Megaman arguments, all that belongs in the Sora: A new prespective of why he might make it. thread. (Made by Samurai Panda)

Blasphemy

Smash Cadet
P Riot was only banned for a week due to spam on the Ashley thread. Don't ask how I know that, *look at my sig* *wink wink*

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Double Post, sorry.

Okay. now we have a Assist Trophy Idea: Axel

He's from Org XIII

all the moves are based off the Roxas vs. Axel (2) and Sora + Axel vs. Nobodies.

Yes, there are spoilers. and Yes, I will mark them.

Heres a Pic:

afew stats:

Size: really skinny, its kinda creepy, taller than link. about ganondorf size

Element: Fire. if you didnt notice.

Rarity (as an AT): Dunno.

Videos (Spoilers!)

Roxas vs. Axel: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...437&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Sora + Axel vs. Nobodies: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...157&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

You grab the Assist Trophy! Axel comes out and does his trademark weapon spin thing (showin in vids) And runs around and swings at random enemies afew times, then he says "got it Memorized?" he then forms a fire wall. (about as big as from the middle of the top platform on Battlefield, to the edge, Yes I know this isnt fair on smaller stages like Yoshi's place but w/e). he then hops to the outside of the firewall (it goes alllll the way up the screen. untill you go out of Camera veiw) and it burns every time you touch it, he then dashes through, using a cool flame attack thing, and out the other side. he goes back and forth 3 or 4 times, giving time for people to hit the ground again (you get bounced into Fire wall after you get hit.) he ends with a Fire explosion (about as big as fire wall, think bullet bill in Peaches castle, but wiht better fire graphics) and hits the ground, and then dissapears like at the end of the second vid.

Tell me what ya think.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
i'm for that so long as it isn't a big ad for dissidia
Dissidia? Definition please?

So any news on the new thread?
I asked Samurai P. For an O.K. to close the thread. havent gotten word back...

I'll try to get the stage stuff done today. I'll have it posted Tomorow as a Nice early X-mas Present (Unless your in Japan, then it'll just be a X-mas Present).

IllidR

Smash Champion
I asked Samurai P. For an O.K. to close the thread. havent gotten word back...

I'll try to get the stage stuff done today. I'll have it posted Tomorow as a Nice early X-mas Present (Unless your in Japan, then it'll just be a X-mas Present).
That'd be a great early Christmas present! =D

On a side note I started playing Kingdom Hearts I again yesterday like I said I wanted to, didn't have much time unfortunately. But I got to level 10 before I even collected Kairi's stuff for the raft, no woman commands Sora!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
That'd be a great early Christmas present! =D

On a side note I started playing Kingdom Hearts I again yesterday like I said I wanted to, didn't have much time unfortunately. But I got to level 10 before I even collected Kairi's stuff for the raft, no woman commands Sora!
:p.

First off, Haha at the Megaman chances lowered. Im not such a fan, and i'd rather have Sora.

Once I tried to get to level 99 before leaving the Island. -.-;

It'd be so funny to 1 hit tidus waka and sophie. with the same attack.

Yeah. so I come up with all my moveset Ideas/boss Ideas/AT ideas while playing KHII(or KH I)... Like I spent like... 5 hours on Destiny Islands working on the stage. and Like I did the Axel AT after I beat him with Roxas the second time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom