• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
how can you begin to even guess that? Guessing his moves and final smash are all fine and dandy but where he'll be on the tier list? That's a bit much don't you think? Especially since it looks like Sakurai is doing his best to eliminate the tier lists (whether or not that happens or not is still a complete mystery though).

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
up+B missile 4 extra jump and hits people below or on ground up+b charge to aim like when he blew up pit
Down+b 4 box
B lots of different guns
>+B stun grenade or hold for a regular grenade
A = punch
AA= punch, then kick
AAA= Punch, kick, then knee
Up+ A= strong kick like in movie and jump a little
down+A= Kick down awesome with up+A
>+A= strong punch
grab+up kick up or punch up
grab+down throw to the ground and kick in face
grab+<= choke + throw

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
that's what i think. all the characters so far are starters. probably when metaknight is shown, that's when we're getting secret characters

some one mentioned in another thread that on the melee site, they didnt start doing posts on secret characters till the game was already out.

GenG

Smash Lord
Tomorrow is Hideo Kojima's birthday. Do you think we could see a MG related update? Shadow Moses? Big Shell?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The way I see it is, not only is Snake going to be a secret charactr, he's a GUEST character, meaning he's not, technically, a Nintendo character, meaning even among the secret characters, he'll be the most secret.

Notice that in ALL of the screenshots of the site, as well as all of the updates, there is not a single glimpse, or mention, of Snake anywhere there. Even before Meta Knight's profile was up, he was mentioned, and seen a few times.

Stryks

Smash Hero
ZOMG SCREENSHOTS!! very awesome, I guess that cypher thing COULD be his upb, or it could be some type of parasol, good for a MGS item...

anyway nice find, where did thos epics come from anyway??

T-major

Smash Champion
it's good to finally see some more stuff on Snake.

I think the cypher is his up B. it could be an MGS item, but did Sakurai say that they would have third party items? I don't think so; of course, he didn't say they wouldn't either, so anything is possible.

honestly though, I think it's his up B... I mean, I just can't think of another possible/plausible up B for him. I NEVER would have thought of him using the cypher. it's amazing that they thought of it...

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I think, given how close the shot of him appears to be with the Cypher, that it may actually be his pre-battle entrance. Flying in on a Cypher. I still hope for the Stinger as his Up B, to propel him up with recoil, but I wouldn't mind a Cypher Up B. Especially if it's a Gun Cypher.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Snake just got awesome. Non-melee Smashes? Kick-***. And I love the Nikita. I think Snake has become truly unique, with his non-melee smash moves. Soooo many explosives though.

And I was wrong about the Cypher, it is his Up B. Well awesome.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
It potentially ruins the theory, yes. However, Snake having been revealed as a character months back means the theory isn't necessarily totally dead. They might choose to hide the remaining secret characters. My thoughts are that Kojima wanted him to wait until that MGS4 trailer got released yesterday or whatever before revealing Snake.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
He'll punt the little ******* up into his hands like a hackey-sack. Cause Snake takes **** from nobody. Still, I was disappointed at the lack of crawling revealed in this update.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Snake confirmed as an AT...

****, I wanted him in Brawl...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Snake for top tier! :chuckle:

I wonder why they waited this late, along with no mention of him otherwise outside of trailers and being an unlockable. From the looks of things, Snake looks like he's gonna be a pretty unique character, mainly the non-standard standard moves and ya, I'm sure that sounded weird. I almost feel like playing as him first, if he would a starter. I never expected that recovery however. What were the ideas that people came up with for Snake's recovery before we found out what it truly was?

As for the "no secret characters before release" theory, well, I don't think that's been proven false yet. Snake may be unlockable, but he's not secret, since we already knew about him. He could have been the one exception. So till a unlockable character (besides Snake) is confirmed before release, I think the theory still stands.

Top Bottom