• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
So like i havent done this in a while (bored @ work lol)

Lol:
MK

Top:
Snake
DDD
Falco
Marth
G&W

High:
Wario
IC's
ROB
Olimar
Lucario
Diddy
Kirby

Middle:
Pikachu
DK
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link
Peach
ZSS
Charizard

Low:
Zelda
Fox
Luigi
Sonic
Ness
Bowser
Mario
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Bottom:
Sheik
Lucas
Yoshi
Ike
Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Jigglypuff
CF

Riku00

Smash Ace
But Mario isn't better than anyone in mid tier.

Fox should move quite down. Counterpicked easily, CG by many,many,many characters, less than decent matchups, light e.c.t.
Mario is a beast and Fox has mad combos but the only freakin kill any body uses is up smash, will someone do something else with fox for a change!?
:uzi:

M15t3R E

Smash Master
So like i havent done this in a while (bored @ work lol)

Lol:
MK

Top:
Snake
DDD
Falco
Marth
G&W

High:
Wario
IC's
ROB
Olimar
Lucario
Diddy
Kirby

Middle:
Pikachu
DK
Pit
Wolf
Toon Link
Peach
ZSS

Low:
Sheik/Zelda
Fox
Luigi
Bowser
Sonic
Ness
Mario
Lucas

Bottom:
Yoshi
Ike
Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Jigglypuff
CF
By the time I could list all my disagreements I could be having more fun doing something else.
I dislike player-made tier lists. Only the SBR can make them. Any normal player knows too little about most characters to make even a remotely accurate tier list.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Dude, at the end of your first game, you lock me in the eternal abyss with a sea of enemies and Mickey Mouse. Go find your own freaking avy pictures.

<3

Ravin

Smash Lord
By the time I could list all my disagreements I could be having more fun doing something else.
I dislike player-made tier lists. Only the SBR can make them. Any normal player knows too little about most characters to make even a remotely accurate tier list.

at this point, the only thing SBR knows is LOL MK and WTF Snake.

The everything else below high tier looks like it was throw in a bowl and mixed together.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Someone should host an all Bottom Tier tourney...that'd be awesome. Anyone can pick up and play Meta Knight, but I'd love to see some of the other characters get some love.
Lest you know this list is incredibly inaccurate now.

Barge

Since everyone is doing it, I conducted my own.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High
Diddy Kong
Falco
Lucario
Wario
Ice Climbers
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Kirby
Olimar
Pit
Toon Link

Middle
Wolf
Peach
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Fox
Yoshi
Bowser
Ike

Low
Sheik
Lucas
Ness
Sonic
Mario
Samus
Pokémon Trainer
Jigglypuff
LInk
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Barge

I didn't put him there, I left him where he was.
Its just that other characters were raised above him.
His metagame and results haven't been very promising. At least from what i've seen.
Are we still on the mario topic? >_>

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I didn't put him there, I left him where he was.
Its just that other characters were raised above him.
His metagame and results haven't been very promising. At least from what i've seen.
Are we still on the mario topic? >_>
So you honestly don't expect Mario to move up? Oh well, not complaining, it's your opinion.

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
Shouldnt we count Sheik and Zelda as one character? They can transform into the other one, and often this is used for the kill or as "mindgame" to irritate the enemy, so everyone who plays Sheik has a well trained Zelda and viceversa.
I wouldnt count Samus/ZSS as one because most Zamus start as Zamus, and they cant transform back to Samus. And the Pokemon Trainer counts as one, too, so why not Zelda/Sheik?

Umby

Smash Master
Shouldnt we count Sheik and Zelda as one character? They can transform into the other one, and often this is used for the kill or as "mindgame" to irritate the enemy, so everyone who plays Sheik has a well trained Zelda and viceversa.
I wouldnt count Samus/ZSS as one because most Zamus start as Zamus, and they cant transform back to Samus. And the Pokemon Trainer counts as one, too, so why not Zelda/Sheik?
Sheik and Zelda have completely different playstyles to the point where the player can generally use just one the whole game. Whether or not they are forced to stay one way the entire game like Zero Suit Samus almost wouldn't matter.

Pokemon Trainer is forced to switch between characters during the match (unless you are three stocking someone). Therefore it's optimal the the player learn how to use all 3 Pokemon. Since this is the case, it's logical to count all the Pokemon as one entity on the tier. Look at this way, the tier list is based mainly off of general matchup advantage/disadvantage ratios and tournament placings. Concerning the former, while each Pokemon has different ratios like everyone else, it's likely that the whole match isn't going to be controlled by that ratio, since it's likely that a Pokemon is going to switch out. With Sheik and Zelda, once again, they are not forced to switch between each other, and the ratio can be fluid throughout the match, if the player so desires.

Concerning tournament placings, the simple way to put it is that a PT user is not going to win a whole tournament with Charizard alone. Sheik and Zelda, however, have potential to do that.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone is doing it, I conducted my own.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High
Diddy Kong
Falco
Lucario
Wario
Ice Climbers
Top three are accurate pf what is happening all around the US(but dont ya think MK amazing tourney placement deserves the top tier alone?), while there seems to be a problem in ur list regarding falco. If you did not know by now SK92 and DEHF, both got 1st and 2nd at DSF's latest tourney, Sk92 being argueably the best falco in the US, has won an great amount of tournies in NV, and it has shown at Axis and BIO(4th and axis and 2nd at bio), the west coasts big tourneys, so yet falco is not only supported by him, falco still remains a good character in means of tourney place ment, while G&W has only shown dominace in the Midwest, most knwoeldgebale smasher would now state that G&W seems less dominant since the summer, with that in mind is position on a list should be lowered, where as falco should be in G&W's position of this chart and G&W should be in the lower part of your high tier.

It would be saying a lot to but marth in the top tier because his MK match-up keeps him down at tournies, while ROB and shown to be declining in tourney results so I would say ROB should not be in the high tier and maybe marth at the bottom of the top.

Also Futile is not ranked 1st in the west coast by playing with wario, who you say is a middle of your high tier character, he and diddy have shown a great amount of sucess equal to each other, while lucario never seems to place high at big reigiionals.

o ya and power rangers are the best, lol

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wow I missed the Ness vs Mario war eh?

Mario's aerial's are not bad. Quite the contrary, but when compared to Ness, they come up short. (slightly)

OH! Thats in my opinion though...

xmisosoupx

Smash Cadet
I personally do not like playing as high tier characters because of all those whiny noobs who are like "aah u onli won cuz ur playing as a high tier and im playing a low tier". playing as mid/low tier characters reduces the chances of that happening. I also get to show off my skills when I beat high tier characters hehehe >.<

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't play high tiers cause I'm crap at all of them except MAYBE Falco.

I wanna learn Snake SOOOO bad. I'm just too... rush in your face and smack you down to do Nade camping and stuffs.

Ravin

Smash Lord
If you look at a lot of the high tier, your really only going to be using three moves at max to win.

MK - Dsmash, Shuttleloop, Fair.
Snake - Nades, Utilt, Ftilt.
D3 - Grab, Bair, Wad.
Falco - Pew pew, Grab, Bair.
GaW - NEED MAOR TURTLE
ROB - I haz gyro.

This is sarcasm, the last two are harder to play then most of them.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
MK - Dsmash, Shuttleloop, Fair
You can not only smash DI out of the move but punish him mid attack due to the hitstun of the attack being a disgrace to Brawl hitstun. His tornado is a better move.

EDIT: I just realized you were being sarcastic. lolz

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
If you look at a lot of the high tier, your really only going to be using three moves at max to win.

MK - Dsmash, Shuttleloop, Fair.
Snake - Nades, Utilt, Ftilt.
D3 - Grab, Bair, Wad.
Falco - Pew pew, Grab, Bair.
GaW - NEED MAOR TURTLE
ROB - I haz gyro.

This is sarcasm, the last two are harder to play then most of them.
I lol'd @ this...

also, I think one of G&W's best moves is his Dair (there are sooooo many applications)...

gantrain05

Smash Master
I lol'd @ this...

also, I think one of G&W's best moves is his Dair (there are sooooo many applications)...
i think G&W is a *****, i just hate how predictable every single G&W player is, yet they still do good because its just like a freakin wall of priority that most characters can't get around. i hate him more than MK lol.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
i think G&W is a *****, i just hate how predictable every single G&W player is, yet they still do good because its just like a freakin wall of priority that most characters can't get around. i hate him more than MK lol.
<3. It's like Peach's DSMASH in Melee. You see it coming yet you still get hit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom