• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Thanks bowser king

to justblaze:
Jigglypuff is an excellent character.

Link is pretty good.

Just because they're at the bottom doesn't mean they can't be played well.

There are a lot more dedicated low tier mains around than there were in Melee. Plus (sets self up for heated backlash) the game is more balanced.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's a pretty ambiguous thing to say, "the game is more balanced." I could understand that statement when the game first came out, but now? It's a little less black and white.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ambiguous? That's why I said it 8)

I am cynical and I say things just to spur argument here in General Brawl Discussion. It's called trolling... too good!!!!!!!!!!!!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Actually, writing "xxxxx than in melee" makes you way more a troll than saying the game is balanced...

To justblaze : Why is jiggs placed better than link ? Does that really matter at this height of the tier list, moreover considering the size of the steps between them ?
It's not like it says "jiggs will own link 90% of the time, no matter who's playing.".
But if you need something concrete I'd say recovery.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Can someone explain why we use ratios like 60:40 when it's more exact to say 3:2? It just doesn't make sense mathematically.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well...most characters are over 9000:0 vs Ganon...
LOL true. Although Link is bad, I still don't see why he is placed lower than Ganon.

Believe me, I know Link is crap in Brawl. I'm not one of those Link n00bs who think that Link is god tier and all. Link is crap.

But, Link easily over powers Ganon with his projectiles, and Ganon's recovery can be off-stage Daired for a sweet KO.

I don't get it. Oh well. ^^

-Ter

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ganon's jab can kill, Link's can not. Period.
And then again, Link's recovery does not need to be gimped. What's the use of having such advantages when you can't get back on stage to show your moves ?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Ganon's jab can kill, Link's can not. Period.
And then again, Link's recovery does not need to be gimped. What's the use of having such advantages when you can't get back on stage to show your moves ?
Links recovery isn't dreadful, just make sure you have a bomb in hand, and time your up b right to get back on stage.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I don't think Link is that bad. Played to high potential, Link is a beastly, fast paced nightmare.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Please don't come in here and start saying anyone is manlier than falcon. Like.... It's just not correct to say. Falcon has been established as THE manliest character, no more debate about it.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Kirby-Snake is easily the manliest. He rocks the beard-stache combo harder than anyone.
Falcon can only come close when he dawns the pink.
Captain Falcon is unequivocally the most manly chararacter in the game. Saying otherwise is just asking to be falcon punched.

I don't think Link is that bad. Played to high potential, Link is a beastly, fast paced nightmare.
In the same way that a good Captain Falcon is a nightmare, right? Link is a significant jump up from Captain Falcon, but he's still terrible.

Maybe so, but he isnt easily ledge hogged. I personally dont find his recovery an issue, but thats just me.
Have you ever been hit off the ledge before?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Marth is way more manly then captain falcon, have you not seen the marth boards? His tiara conceals his manlyness, if he were to take off his tiara, the world would explode from marths unimaginable levels of man. Which is why when he uses his final smash, his tiara comes off for a 0.0002 of an inch, giving him immense powers for a second.

@Zinc, No, I've 3 stocked every single one of my opponents, I haven't ever lost a life and I haven't even ever been hit, I can beat anyone who faces me. Of course I have, I said I didn't have a problem with links recovery. That's all.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Please don't come in here and start saying anyone is manlier than falcon. Like.... It's just not correct to say. Falcon has been established as THE manliest character, no more debate about it.
Does Falcon have to wear a magical tiara to supress his overwhelming manliness lest the world be destroyed? I think not.

Marth is the manliest.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
falcon doesnt need to be top tier to show his manliness. he is the WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME. only a true man can take that. marth would go crying home to her mom if she was the worst in the game.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Ganondorf owns everyone 1,000,000,000 : 0

EVERYONE!

On-topic: I think this Tier List is easily controversial. In my opinion, the Low Tiers were all placed somewhat randomly.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
falcon doesnt need to be top tier to show his manliness. he is the WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME. only a true man can take that. marth would go crying home to her mom if she was the worst in the game.
Captain Falcon is holding back on purpose. You see, Captain Falcon is a friendly man and didn't enjoy seeing low tiers upset in Melee. To try and make them feel better, he made himself the worst in the game.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Too bad C. Falcon isn't in the game. He went on vacation while they were making Brawl after exhausting himself on that awful Anime. They got some other guy to play C. Falcon. I think his name was Rick Wheeler.

Low tier does look a bit unorganized, as if the tier makers went "We have High through Mid, screw it, nobody cares about Low tier anyways."

All in all though, the list looks pretty fair.

LOLOLOLBRAWLHAZNOTIERZTHISTHREADSUX

Polymus

Smash Cadet
Wow. Lucas on the Low List? That's a surprise for me.

I don't at all really care for Tiers to be honest. No character is greater than any other as I see it. It's all just the player.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
That's not entirely true, though I am of the same persuasion.
Some characters are simply better than others in certain respects. It's like if each character had base stats, some characters just have better base stats than others. It's up to the players to make due with those stats, so much of it depends on the players themselves. Meta Knight is a great example. He's broken, but it's not impossible to beat Meta Knight by any means.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wow. Lucas on the Low List? That's a surprise for me.

I don't at all really care for Tiers to be honest. No character is greater than any other as I see it. It's all just the player.
Tires don exits!

Seriously, it's impossible for them to be totally equal if they are different, therefore perfect balance is impossible.

Just try MK vs. captain falcon... see how far you get.

Unless the Captain Falcon player is A LOT better then the MK player he/she/it/potato can expect defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom