• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
CB, you have everything backwards u_u;
Squirtle > or = Charizard > Ivysaur.
that's not to say that Ivysaur doesn't completely own ***.
Which is why PT = top tier material.
3 undeniably sexy beasts.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
When did Lucario get so good? I don't really care about him and haven't been paying attention. He used to be considered pretty mediocre.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
Yeah, TBH the more I think about it the stranger Poketrainer and Lucas being the low tier is. I want to know reasoning. Ivy can knock fools out like it ain't no thang.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Recommendation!

Instead of v1.0, I would suggest labeling this with the date of revision. For example:

Brawl SBR Tier List - Sept 1st 2008

1) This, in a sense, represents how up-to-date the list is (which is the whole reason for using version numbers anyway). Except this gives a little more info than a version number would.
2) By labeling this with a date, you can plan to update this on a schedule (similar to Ubuntu). Every 6 months or so a new tier list can come out. This ensures the overall quality of the list with respect to the changing tournament environment and metagame. Of course 6 months is just an example time frame, adjust it to your liking.
3) Or you can do both a date and version number. However this seems redundant.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Well, Squirtle has like the lowest amount of ground-game in the roster. Definately an air-game character, with his priority and all. I'm torn on Ivy and Charizard. Ivy is good at racking up damage, but he/she has unecessary starting-and ending like on the smashes. Tilts are basically the only major pro for Ivy.
Charizard is quick for a heavy. So it speaks for itself.

M@v

Subarashii!
Why does it seem to me all many(I said many, not ALL) people do is cry and complain when a tier list comes out? Seriously if you are Mr./Ms./Mrs. know it all, lets see you make an accurate tier list that makes everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Frate

Smash Journeyman
Of course this will create disagreements.
My major concerns would be Luigi being lower than Bowser, and Link being second worst. ;/
Else it seems quite clean.

Sure, Link gets gimped quite easily, however he can edgeguard quite well with dair and KO at low procents. His damage dealing ain't that bad either.

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
Metaknight should be in a totally different tier...For evilness

I'm proud of DK, and Diddy. I laugh at Link, and I'm glad Lucas is better than Ness.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
Wow, Lucario jumped a lot from what I last remember. I've been out of Brawl's tier discussion for months. A lot has changed. O_o

Wow...MK's the best atm now? Doesn't exactly surprise me...what in the world is up with him? >_>

Great list, B-Roomers.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Why does it seem to me all many(I said many, not ALL) people do is cry and complain when a tier list comes out? Seriously if you are Mr./Ms./Mrs. know it all, lets see you make an accurate tier list that makes everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Because most of 2008 posters haven't been or read an official tier list thread before and there is the obvius bias people have for their characters.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Camp list is way better than tier list, the tier list discriminate the chars, the camp list only shows the progress in camps.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Because there are people who mained Marth from Melee, and therefore she is played more than Wario, which means there will be more tourney records for her than Wario, which creates the illusion that she is better. This is the same reason that Toony is so low.
thanks i like how you referred to marth as "she"

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
If you think your character needs to be higher, go grab that character, tap into his/her/it's true potential and win some tournaments, and help other dedicated users also do the same.

Revven

FrankerZ
I just read through 27 pages and skipped ten to get to here. I have to say that it's been awhile since I've seen such a controversial thread with the same arguments coming up about Bowser or Link or Marth. The point is, this is the first tier list and there are going to be flaws. Learn to live and live to learn, this tier list will change over time like M3D said in the first post. Think of this as a beta tier list or rough draft.

With that said, OMGWTFBBQ DK IN HIGH TIER!? YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! My top 3 are in High, I'm SSOOOOO happy!

Diddy Kong
Wolf
Donkey Kong

Holy hell yes. I love this tier list.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I just read through 27 pages and skipped ten to get to here. I have to say that it's been awhile since I've seen such a controversial thread with the same arguments coming up about Bowser or Link or Marth. The point is, this is the first tier list and there are going to be flaws. Learn to live and live to learn, this tier list will change over time like M3D said in the first post. Think of this as a beta tier list or rough draft.

With that said, OMGWTFBBQ DK IN HIGH TIER!? YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! My top 3 are in High, I'm SSOOOOO happy!

Diddy Kong
Wolf
Donkey Kong

Holy hell yes. I love this tier list.
Wow that was totally contradictory.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friend posted this a while ago and told me about it. I'm worried, and it sounds convincing when he explained everything to me.
We get a very early tier list, with no clues or hints about its imminent arrival, immediately following an uproar about MK being too good, and it claims MK is upon a flat plane along with 5 other characters [that he has 6/4 matchups against].

Am i the only one who thinks the early tier list is ploy to put the MK ban down as an officially incorrect opinion?
I want this addressed. now.

I use Olimar.

And yeah, it's possible to recover with Olimar; his recovery isn't as horrible as some people say. But it's still not good, and he's still a lot easier to gimp than many characters.
Are mods automatically given access to the backroom? I knew you used Olimar, but I didn't think you were a broomer. Just wondering.

WAC is enough to eliminate most edgeguarding kills altogether. Basically, only edgehogging kills and hard hits offscreen should kill Olimar. His floatyness, double jump, whistle, and upb boost help him tremendously. It's not one of the top 3 worst recoveries. I could name at least 5 recoveries I wouldn't replace with Olimar's if I had the choice.

Enough about Olimar though. I've reconsidered my thoughts about what his overall tier placement means to me. It doesn't matter anymore. Go ahead, knock him down to low tier. ;)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Now that I've played with Bowser a bit again, I can understand how he is middle.

Bowser *****. It's much easier to win than with characters like Luigi or Sonic (even though I mained Luigi in Melee and wanted to main Sonic in Brawl (that means I played Sonic a lot more than others)).

Bowser is really cool too. ^^

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Listen to the master and stop whining about lucario, he rocks, period.
wait... Woo Hoo is whining??? (isnt that Boo hoo?)
Yes he does rock, but, srsly i don't know where you would ever think that I'm whining about Lucario being 9th. Ever.
its just too funny.
-t2

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
If you think your character needs to be higher, go grab that character, tap into his/her/it's true potential and win some tournaments, and help other dedicated users also do the same.
That is such a nice answer, and I would love if it was true

...but unfortunately alot us don't HAVE access to big tournaments and are stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to play brawl competitively.

Even if you do have a tourne in your little town, chances are, it's going to be small and isn't going to contribute to your character's tournament results with much weight.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I don't like this list at all. It's too generalized.

The biggest example is how meta knight is NOT by himself. Seriously, wtf.

It needs to be...

meta knight tier

top tier

high tier

upper mid tier

mid tier

lower mid tier

low tier

bottom tier

RawrBoom

Smash Rookie
maybe you could split PT into 3 differant chacters
This has already been addressed quite a bit. Because of the fatigue system, you can't really main just one of the Pokemon.

I disagree with such an early release of the tier list, but there might also be a secret reason for the SBR to do so. Hopefully by releasing this, positive effects will come out instead of negative ones.

peeup

Smash Lord
maybe you could split PT into 3 differant chacters
Considering it's impossible to play as only one of them (unlike zelda/shiek), I don't see that happeneing. I do, however, think that there should be a PT character, AND one for each individual pokemon.

Different topic: A few questions I have about the list. Firstly, why is there no bottom tier? We have a top tier, so why not a bottom tier? Secondly, I assumed that Olimar would be high tier (even if he's at the very bottom of it.) The only edgehogging that works against him is when the edgehogger has invincibility frames. Otherwise, they can be easily stage spiked. Yeah, he's floaty, but he has damage, range, and KO ability, so doesn't he deserve to be higher? (I could just be being biased for my main, but w/e)

389 Conspiracy Avenue
Overthinking, OH
lulz

EDIT: Holy cow, did I just see 5 same-time posts?

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Zomg Brawl is too good, there aren't botom tiers!

Falcon will always be the manliest.

Lord Ba'al

Smash Rookie
Quite interesting...
Being a Yoshi user, I naturally dont fully agree with this tier list. I think he has more in him than he's given credit for. And I'm suprised at King Dedede's position as 3rd highest.

However, if this is truely what the "best minds" in Smash have decided, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom