• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
so how is the pittsburgh smashing scene? r there tourneys or at least weeklies alot? i would check myself but there are wayyy tooo many posts in this thread.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Hey, wait a minute... Butler?! Who are you?! WHO ARE YOU?

Are you one of the punks that went to Smashtastrophe I and gave us a bad name?! ARE YOU?!

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Hey, wait a minute... Butler?! Who are you?! WHO ARE YOU?

Are you one of the punks that went to Smashtastrophe I and gave us a bad name?! ARE YOU?!
no. the only tourney me and my friend (bowz) went to was finalsmash 08 in etna hosted by m@v. but....can someone answer the question?

EDIT: butler you say? are u sure they were from butler? i only know of a few other smashers from butler. most of whom dont do tourneys.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
no. the only tourney me and my friend (bowz) went to was finalsmash 08 in etna hosted by m@v. but....can someone answer the question?

EDIT: butler you say? are u sure they were from butler? i only know of a few other smashers from butler. most of whom dont do tourneys.
there be weeklies fir tthe most part. they're kinda just smashfest in pittsburgh.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219954
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220050

@ everyone look if u havent already

Vyke

Smash Champion
Crews, if you live in Butler then you're near the real butler crew. Lake, Myself, Vudu, and Lyme all do Smash. We're bigger on Melee than we are on Brawl (especially Vudu and Lyme) but a few of us are willing to Brawl it up if you're into that sort of thing.

We don't live IN the actual city. Just outside of it. So if you're up for some smashing on the weekends or something, we can set it up.

Edit: Also, we went to that tournament you went to. We were mostly holed up in the Melee corner though, haha. I came over and played a few matches on the big-screen though.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Crews, if you live in Butler then you're near the real butler crew. Lake, Myself, Vudu, and Lyme all do Smash. We're bigger on Melee than we are on Brawl (especially Vudu and Lyme) but a few of us are willing to Brawl it up if you're into that sort of thing.

We don't live IN the actual city. Just outside of it. So if you're up for some smashing on the weekends or something, we can set it up.

Edit: Also, we went to that tournament you went to. We were mostly holed up in the Melee corner though, haha. I came over and played a few matches on the big-screen though.
ya i pm'd the lake and asked him if he was going. he said yes but i didnt see him up there. i guess thats cause he is in to melee. but anyway u guys should seriously get into brawl. me and bowz are getting pretty good and we would like some competetion other than each other and lag-fi lol. also, pm me if u ever want to play us in person. were not very good at melee anymore but you'll get your moneys worth in brawl.

Vyke

Smash Champion
We really don't take the game seriously enough to treat it with as much respect we do Melee. Like I said, we'll brawl you if you want to Brawl. Lake went to the Etna thing. He was the goofy, loud, and (most importantly) black kid there.

Just tell us what days your free for it and I'm sure we can work something out when we feel up to it.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
We really don't take the game seriously enough to treat it with as much respect we do Melee. Like I said, we'll brawl you if you want to Brawl. Lake went to the Etna thing. He was the goofy, loud, and (most importantly) black kid there.

Just tell us what days your free for it and I'm sure we can work something out when we feel up to it.
wait, was he there on the brawl day too. cause there were 3 black ppl there on the brawl day. me (im mixed), some black kid who used jiggs, and this other black guy.

also, i know brawl lacks in comparason to melee but its really not that bad. it took us a while but we got into it. i think it was the fact that there arent those dk/sheik horrible matchups like there were in melee. unless u use mk >_>. and one thing that i have found out is that the learning curve gets much higher as time goes. there was a time where i thought there were no combos in brawl (alot of ppl still think that) but there are. getting to the point, if your willing to accept it, brawl can be just (thats right i said just) as much fun as melee....plus there is more characters lol.

Harm.

Smash Cadet
wait, was he there on the brawl day too. cause there were 3 black ppl there on the brawl day. me (im mixed), some black kid who used jiggs, and this other black guy.

also, i know brawl lacks in comparason to melee but its really not that bad. it took us a while but we got into it. i think it was the fact that there arent those dk/sheik horrible matchups like there were in melee. unless u use mk >_>. and one thing that i have found out is that the learning curve gets much higher as time goes. there was a time where i thought there were no combos in brawl (alot of ppl still think that) but there are. getting to the point, if your willing to accept it, brawl can be just (thats right i said just) as much fun as melee....plus there is more characters lol.

yea right. Melee owns.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
yea right. Melee owns.
like it or not, there will be a time when melee becomes the origional (in terms of popularity). that may seem completly untrue right now but time will tell. little by little more and more melee pros and regular o'l smashers are turning to the dark side (brawl).

A-Laon

Smash Master
I spent around 15 total minutes today running to my corpse after getting ganked by 80s.

I spent around 2 hours total camping them afterwards.

Because the more times you kill somebody on an online game, the cooler you are in real life.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I spent around 15 total minutes today running to my corpse after getting ganked by 80s.

I spent around 2 hours total camping them afterwards.

Because the more times you kill somebody on an online game, the cooler you are in real life.
you should've vanished'd oh thats right.......

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
like it or not, there will be a time when melee becomes the origional (in terms of popularity). that may seem completly untrue right now but time will tell. little by little more and more melee pros and regular o'l smashers are turning to the dark side (brawl).
Really? Last I checked, Pros were turning back. Just 2 days ago PC said he wasn't going to another barwl tourney unless if was a side/co event at a melee tourney.

little by little, more and more barwl players will realize that there game is boring and slow and that they should go back to a challenging game.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
u be so wrong bout that. Sry to burst ur bubble, but that happening will be like the catalina winer mixer not being a big ****in deal, Or like Capcom releasing marvel vs capcom 3 or like one piece ending, or like the song that never ends ending, or like the sky falling, or like a warlock being a good class for arena, or like the wombo combo not being amazing, or like KDJ ever attending another major.

silly statement was silly

They said there is a VIP area. Who is considered VIP?
ppl who pay the VIP fee(im guessing the amount will be capped) are considered VIP(from what i read last). I dunno if it changed, but from what i get i think it'll be useless for someone like marfhotness or nessuser89 to get VIP. Who would wanna play scrubs in the VIP when they could outside marfhotness would probly not get that much playtime. I wouldnt get it regardless, high and mighty my ***, I **** everyone and everything all day

edit:
better yet here it is
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6134601&postcount=252

A-Laon

Smash Master
that happening will be like the catalina winer mixer not being a big ****in deal, Or like Capcom releasing marvel vs capcom 3 or like one piece ending, or like the song that never ends ending, or like the sky falling, or like a warlock being a good class for arena, or like the wombo combo not being amazing, or like KDJ ever attending another major.
Actually, this statement is flawed, because even if all of those things did actually happen, Brawl still wouldn't become the more popular competitive game.

Though if the sky fell, I doubt we'd be spending much time worrying about Smash Brothers regardless. Let it be known to the world, however, that I would kiss the flames of doomsday with Melee on my screen.

Vyke

Smash Champion
No more Brawl VS Melee. We can't be converted nor will we be into Brawl after having spent the time with it that we have. It's fun sometimes. That's it for us.

We will Brawl you. Lyme said he would too. Just don't expect to get us excited for it, haha.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Really? Last I checked, Pros were turning back. Just 2 days ago PC said he wasn't going to another barwl tourney unless if was a side/co event at a melee tourney.

little by little, more and more barwl players will realize that there game is boring and slow and that they should go back to a challenging game.
if u think dropping (one) big name is proving me wrong, then enjoy that dream world u live in. like i said before, time will tell.

TheLake

Smash Master
Hi everyone

Hi crews, i will play you in brawl

Atacusbeboop is also part of our crew.

Let the debate live forever

Melee is better than brawl

Brawl is still good in its own way

One piece is really long

Id play smash during an armegedon with no handlebars

Does lyme have a smash account?

Machine girl is the most over the top gore fest ever *recommended*

Coraline was cool

Meet the robinsons was amazing

love is strong

Alan is my lover

Phew, had to make up for my lack of annoying irrelevent grammaticly incorrect off the wall posts :D

Vyke

Smash Champion
If anyone is interested, I picked up the game Left 4 Dead for PC. So if any of you fellows have a Steam name and play, lemme know. It's retardedly fun.

Atacusbebop123

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone

Atacusbeboop is also part of our crew.
As long as one of you says it....(sigh)

So, Aaron, I've already got your Valentine's Day gift all picked out...

For some reason* I miss you more than words can describe. Come to Butler this weekend.

*Your incredibly ripped physique, you satire sense of humor, and similar taste in music.

A-Laon

Smash Master
*Your incredibly ripped physique, you satire sense of humor, and similar taste in music.
Satirical*

"Satire" is a noun, hence I would not have a "satire sense of humor," but a "satirical sense of humor."

...BUUUUUUT I know you did that on purpose just to arouse me, and boy howdy it worked! You sly devil.

I also left out that Muse is one of my all-time favorite bands.

There should be smash happening in Butler this weekend, and Matt should take me.

Cheers.

EIDT: I just realized that I failed to even notice that you improperly spelled "You're" seeing as I was too busy beating off to your more glaring error! Jesus, you're shifty!
EDIT2: You also left an 'R' out of "your," and violated parallel structure by not saying "your similar taste in music." Steve, you make me so horny.

Top Bottom