• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pdk

Smash Lord
looks like i'll be there around 5 with plenty of pennies ; )

pdk

Smash Lord
why did you have to just barely 1-stock me so many times after everyone else went home brendan (or whoever tsk was) ;_;

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i missed everything this weekend. Flight was canceled, stood in line for 5 hours to try and get another one, ended getting out of the there to late to make duquesne worth anything. : ( And i can't go to colver.

Anyone want to smash at all on saturday?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
That is quite the amazing sig Taki...

And I would have to disagree with Drephen having the best Sheik of the century, I believe KDJ's Sheik is much more impressive. Drephen Sheik is.....well.....just...gay.

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering how many people are going to/know about the cybercon tourney tomorrow.

That is the best sig ever taki.

Renth

Smash Hero
So bored...

I think i need to come visit down there more often 1v1 comps are fun and all but uh.. yeah... you get the picture :(

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yeah , like that wasnt even a tourney. I mean for me it was free money, but like I had to play smash after that to wash the bad taste out of my mouth, only 8 ppl showed.

oh well i cant complain too much

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
yeah , like that wasnt even a tourney. I mean for me it was free money, but like I had to play smash after that to wash the bad taste out of my mouth, only 8 ppl showed.

Oh Tim your so modest, haha.

So yeah thats all I really had to say...

Renth

Smash Hero

i'm bored..

working on getting my license asap so i can get a lot more matches with Mr. Swiftbass

pockyD

Smash Legend
hey guys

yeah cybercon is even more ******** now that all the easy wins are too afraid to play in the tournaments and it's just us playing each other to take each other's money (with cybercon taking its 50% cut and then booting us out right after of course)

i know i'm not going to play in any more cybercon tourneys, though i'll probably show up to watch (and i'll play if there are actually a significant number of people there)

i miss anytihng else interesting?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey guys

yeah cybercon is even more ******** now that all the easy wins are too afraid to play in the tournaments and it's just us playing each other to take each other's money

yeah like there were 3 guys who came to the first one and were just coming back(for the second time) yesterday because of that I think. I def wont ever that 6 man thingy again, Im only shooting to take the easy guys's money(s).

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman

Thats just because i wasn't there.:)

yea and so all i have been doing is playing fox lately, its just too fun. Its cool though, i still rep samus to the maxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

pockyD

Smash Legend
let's say 8 of us showed (which seems to be an exaggeration, it's generally fewer) and 4 other people showed... honestly it's the 8 of us playing for the prize pot (12 * 15 * 0.5 = 90), which would be less than if we just gathered somewhere and played with just us (8 * 15 = 120)

basically, if we outnumber the randoms, we as a whole lose money as opposed to just running our own tournament somewhere; an 8-10 man tournament even on like only 2 TVs won't take that long

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If i can convince my parents and if you guys dont mind being a little cramped. We could do it at my house. No pot lost, no picky Y staff to deal with, and more room than that confrence room. only downside is that the TVs will have to be in different rooms.

But i dont think we have to worry about that yet because of SitC:3 coming up.

Top Bottom