• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
There's no full list, but this is what I know for sure...

1. Vidjogamer
2. Big_R (Falco player whose style reminded me of Wesely)
3. Xtacy (A true Marth main)
4. 4% APR (Jiggs/ICs... I beat him in a MM, but he got me in the losers semi-finals)
5. Me
5. Evan
7. Corey
7. SciFiGuy (Fox)
9. XDoesUpB (Sheik)
10-20. I don't really know... Mostly Sheik and Marth players. There was a lack of space animals.

The other players that were there included FlipX (Sheik main) and Top Cat (Zelda main)... I dunno, maybe you've heard of them.
Umm........ im not sure but i think Flip said i was sixth because of all the matchs i played in the losers bracket, i mean i played like 4 or 5 games all togther, not many people who entered even played that many, and i lost to you and vidjo(who i had to play first of first round) thats it, i was just saying what flip told me...

Renth

Smash Hero
There's no full list, but this is what I know for sure...

1. Vidjogamer
2. Big_R (Falco player whose style reminded me of Wesely)
3. Xtacy (A true Marth main)
4. 4% APR (Jiggs/ICs... I beat him in a MM, but he got me in the losers semi-finals)
5. Me
5. Evan
7. Corey
7. SciFiGuy (Fox)
9. XDoesUpB (Sheik)
10-20. I don't really know... Mostly Sheik and Marth players. There was a lack of space animals.

The other players that were there included FlipX (Sheik main) and Top Cat (Zelda main)... I dunno, maybe you've heard of them.

You should look into dragging me along for an ohio trip :chuckle:
i always wanted to meet vidjo.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Theres a couple ohio tournies that i noticed. We got to get atleast 5 of us to go down to rep pittsburgh in crews.

pdk

Smash Lord
i, too, would not want to attempt to bear the smell of ohio folk without someone to catch me if i faint

Renth

Smash Hero
Theres a couple ohio tournies that i noticed. We got to get atleast 5 of us to go down to rep pittsburgh in crews.
I'd gladly crew with you guys, seeing how i'm an honorary MCC member anyways (look on myspace :laugh:)

i, too, would not want to attempt to bear the smell of ohio folk without someone to catch me if i faint
That might have been the rudest comment i've heard on boards in a long time.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Just to get this straight so I know when I will be riding myself and my friends to Duq or when to request a car, we are doing this Thursday fo sho :O?

xyt

Smash Lord
i was planning to bring 3 friends this friday
but seems like its gonna be thursday?
hmmm
yes... and i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna go big tournies!
grrrr

pockyD

Smash Legend
well instead of everyone waiting on an executive decision from some hidden leader that doesn't exist, i think everyone needs to post their preference/availability as to playing on thursday vs. friday so we can settle it like AMERICANS

edit: i guess i should repeat that i'm good for either thursday or friday (or both !!?)

also, is there even any other place we can go on friday? if the nitespot is closed and we don't have a place to game, it's a moot point anyway

pdk

Smash Lord
about time we had some good old fashioned arm-wrestlin' to settle things in here!

anyway, friday's a lot more likely for me so yeah

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Again, im good for thursday

As for the big tournaments during summer. We should get a list of everyone staying here so we all know who to contact about going to tournaments.

pdk

Smash Lord
i live down in washington so might as well chalk me up on that list then

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
for record it was my idea to meet Thursday due to the fact that I wont be here friday(going back home).

*insert random SSBM mumbo jumbo*..usually I try to state something smash related but I cant think of anything.

pdk

Smash Lord
what time are you leaving (or is the day just packing)?

takieddine

Smash Master
Nitespot is dead for friday...

I checked with them for doug's game and tim's controller, they said they don't have it. so if anyone has a silver controller and an extra game, i'd appreciate you checking.

I am good for thursday or friday, but thrusday i get off school at like 4:20.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I would check the nitespots "holding area" or wherever they put the games/controllers etc, like if you went just plainly on hersay then they may not know that an extra game may be in their cube and another in a case.

the silver controller has stratch marks on the top left of it and its above average on the shiny meter for one reason or another.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I am going to vote for Thursday at The Nightspot, just because it is easy and we can have one last player of the day tournament that Tim can be included in (and anyone else leaving Friday).

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we'll meet at the NiteSpot Thursday afternoon. However, I won't be there to sign people in until 3:30, but maybe Brandan will be there... I dunno. Also, I owe Taki, Wes, and Alan certificates.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Wow my name.... spelled correctly... amazing :D Anyways Taki and I should be around from about 12 to 1:30. Then he's got class til 4:20 like he said and I'm not sure when I'll get back since I might have some work to do :\

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Wow my name.... spelled correctly... amazing :D Anyways Taki and I should be around from about 12 to 1:30. Then he's got class til 4:20 like he said and I'm not sure when I'll get back since I might have some work to do :\
i thought it was always brenden. oops:dizzy:

pockyD

Smash Legend
you never clarified the spelling, you only said it was wrong x.x

anyway i apologize and will probably be there 2-ish if we can confirm someone will be there to sign me in in necessary (if not, i'll go at 4:30 or whenever someone WILL be there)

edit: they are usually friday afternoon-evenings (from around 1 pm through whenever, usually around 11 pm - 12 am) at duquesne university in pittsburgh

takieddine

Smash Master
So whats the deal with these weekly things? When and where do you have them?
Check first post.

Also, someone better check if they have tim's controller and/or doug's copy of smash, there isnt a possibility of anyone else having taken it (unless you guys left and there were people after you).

Maybe SRU guys took tim's controller and one of us accidentally took doug's smash.

So please everyone double check(my controller is falling apart >_>)

pdk

Smash Lord
last one happened like a week or two ago, best to just wait for the announcement each time

pockyD

Smash Legend
certificate tournament this thursday; it's not a money thing though (just friendly competition) so make sure you account for that if you're going to travel from ohio x.x

FlipX

Smash Ace
Lol ya its almost 2 hrs from my house, not quite, so ill probably just wait until you have a tourny. Either that or until i have spring break =)

Top Bottom