• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
me, **** chang, and some friends are in the process of finding our schools's activities board so we can find out how we can rent out the space somewhere on campus. If successful, we could gain access to campus tvs, air conditioned rooms, big and small. In addition I am aware there is an emerging base of competitive smashers growing locally within CMU, giving us a stable attendance base.

Potential drawbacks would be not being able to directly set up a cash pot, but these can be dealt with through gift visa cards, etc.

A-Laon

Smash Master
How did UT3 for 360 get shafted Alan?
The 360 version is launching far later than the PS3 and PC, and there's no announced support for user content, the Unreal Editor, or keyboards and mice, despite all these features being readily available on the PS3 and obviously PC.

Besides, Unreal has always been prided on its unprecedented optimization, so no radical system overhaul should be necessary for the game.

1 on 1 basketball game... first to 11, win by 2. Standard MLG rules.

$10 MM anyone?
I'll do it after a $90 GH MM.

Before you gripe, let's consider the stats here. Presumably, I'd be making $80 in that deal as I'd be completely hopeless to succeed in your chosen activity; however, I'm offering you an oppertunity to add $90 to your already guaranteed 10.

That's a 1000% increase. The stats are clearly in your favor. I suck at Guitar Hero. MM.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
me, **** chang, and some friends are in the process of finding our schools's activities board so we can find out how we can rent out the space somewhere on campus. If successful, we could gain access to campus tvs, air conditioned rooms, big and small. In addition I am aware there is an emerging base of competitive smashers growing locally within CMU, giving us a stable attendance base.

Potential drawbacks would be not being able to directly set up a cash pot, but these can be dealt with through gift visa cards, etc.
Wow Kevin, you are truly totally awesome if you get this done. I'm sure we could get around the no cash involved thing, it is a very minor detail if you can come through with this.

HeyNivek FTW.

Alan, what are the system requirements for UT3 and where can I find them? Looks like I'm purchasing a new video card and another 1 Gig of RAM.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Alan, what are the system requirements for UT3 and where can I find them? Looks like I'm purchasing a new video card and another 1 Gig of RAM.
There are no definite specs released yet; however, an estimation from Epic says that technology around the level of Nvidia 7800 g-cards is pretty middle-ground for the game. UT is always very well optimized and wildly customizable in level of detail in various areas, so unless your hardware is long out-dated, you should be good.

All that is apparently confirmed:
Minimum of 512MB card memory / around 2GB system memory
DirectX10 is provided with the game but not required
DirectX9 users probably won't be able to use FSAA at all

Renth

Smash Hero
i disagree Tim i think fox does much better against marth than falco does especially watching col bol 4 stock marth mains all over the place

pockyD

Smash Legend
marth vs spacies is very stage dependent

in general i'd rather fight falco as marth than fox but i don't really play marth that much so what do i know

edit where/when today?

also i'm free after 330 tomorrow

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Allow me to quote Alan in regards to the Falco v Marth match up.

"Falco gets knocked off the edge, then he dies [a very gay death]."

Marth's edge guard is more along the lines of edge **** or edge gay.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
@sweetTooth: I am the yoshi player you were teaming with last friday. good times, i particularly liked your samus and zelda, but you played everyone pretty well.

as a marth player, i don't really prefer fox or falco significantly more, falco is easier to kill, but lazers are annoying as hell. down air also has way too much effing priority.

in the spirit of everyone changing their team names, me and **** chang are also considering changing ours.

pockyD

Smash Legend
marth ***** fox's recovery almost as easily as he ***** falco's

also falco is slightly heavier and has a slightly higher double jump (which are the more important moves to getting around marth's gimping)

fox still has a slightly easier time getting back IMO just due to sheer distance but to me crappier recovery is a nonfactor in that matchup (space animal vs marth)

sweetooth

Smash Ace
o ok. cool nevik. I thought so, i just wasn't sure. and also, now that im getting back in the swing of things... I just realized everyone has a team but me :(

Top Bottom