• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Rob, Next time you go down to Mark's for smash let me know. Me trying to get out of sewickley with all this construction around my area adds about 2 hours driving back roads to get to 22. So let me know if you can help me out. ^^;

Nakamaru

Smash Master
haha ok i wont mention... i NEED smash.. i havnt gotten to play good ppl since ive been here(bout 3 weeks) and its killing me.. lol im used to playing smash everyday with good ppl but now im stuck 1 h 30m away from the nearest smasher lol. if you guys wanna hold a fest or sumthin lemme know cause i might be able to get a ride there.. all depends cause i only have my permit
You play GnW? We must play. : )

Edit:oops double post.

frozen chaos

Smash Apprentice
haha xyt

nakamaru:yes i play G&W.. ive learned a couple things to boost G&W`s already amazing skill.
its weird but when i see a marth i always go G&W.. lol funny isnt it. accually GW has a few advantages over marth... you gotta keep mind games about 24/7 tho.. if you stop you die

pockyD

Smash Legend
naka does the same thing (going GNW vs. marth)

i'll never understand it; aside from the key (and the dash attack !?) you got nothing

frozen chaos

Smash Apprentice
dd/mind games until they swing and fair -> dtilt -> sh -> judgement..... sometimes that works.. if it doesnt then parachute instead of judgement

Nakamaru

Smash Master
dd/mind games until they swing and fair -> dtilt -> sh -> judgement..... sometimes that works.. if it doesnt then parachute instead of judgement
Actualy its more like, Bait a F-smash or Double fair, into:
1-Strong Fair, Strong Fair, Key off stage, and edge gaurd.

or

2-Weak Fair, puff, grab, downthrow into:
a-Uptilt->Uair/Uair (depending on %), Up-B
b-Hammer
c-Parachute

pockyD

Smash Legend
but of course no good marth will fall for your "bait" -_-

they will just sh around right at tipper range and just beat your fair with their fair when you charge in or just gradually push you back to the edge

Nakamaru

Smash Master
but of course no good marth will fall for your "bait" -_-

they will just sh around right at tipper range and just beat your fair with their fair when you charge in or just gradually push you back to the edge
You know what i mean. >.> Depending on the player, you can usualy beat the Fair with the brick.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
the brick(which I now call special delivery mail) DOES have insane priority after the right amount of frames and I wouldn't be surprised if it beat marth's fair a few times.

EDIT:
Its enough to keep Tim from counterpicking my GnW with marth. That makes me happy enough.
I'd do that now. I tihnk my marth reached another lvl of gay

pockyD

Smash Legend
i know exactly what you "mean", but if an equal skilled marth and game and watch play, i'm fairly confident that the marth would consistently 2stock

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
lol@judgement hammer

i like to call G&W's fair and dtilt "box" and "lid" respectively.

i think G&W has potential if you can get around his horrendous dodge/roll/sheild/dash/cc/insert defensive tool here

pockyD

Smash Legend
but you can't against most characters x.x

***** by sheik, ***** by falco, ***** by marth

he's also the only character captain falcon can truly chaingrab o_o

all in all i don't think he has a single plus matchup in the top half, except maybe mario?!

A-Laon

Smash Master
I don't really think that anybody is trying to argue that GnW has any significant advantages over Marth but that a superior player using GnW does have techniques that could be exploited against a lesser player using Marth.

For example, going with what Tim said, if GnW's fair can reach very high priority at times, it could probably be exploited against a less-skilled Marth player who's unfamiliar with this priority and not quick to adjust to it.

xyt

Smash Lord
I don't really think that anybody is trying to argue that GnW has any significant advantages over Marth but that a superior player using GnW does have techniques that could be exploited against a lesser player using Marth.

For example, going with what Tim said, if GnW's fair can reach very high priority at times, it could probably be exploited against a less-skilled Marth player who's unfamiliar with this priority and not quick to adjust to it.

or an experienced sheik player who's unfamiliar with g&w's priority
and unable to adjust quickly to it : D
g&w > sheik

XD

A-Laon

Smash Master
-- Taki, Naka, or whoever:

Pound 2 Registration Closes 10:00 AM on Thursday.

I haven't heard whether or not Taki's for sure yet, so, Taki, find out quickly and register or give us the thumbs up to get Naka in on it.

takieddine

Smash Master
Did i really need to remind you guys that all Marth has to do is fsmash? gnw can't do crap about that.

Also if Evan or Rob want to register for me, I'd pay you whenever(today?).

frozen chaos

Smash Apprentice
dash back and shffl fairs whenmarth swings. also... GW ***** FALCO.. he can chaingrab falco C.falcon and fox to 80 and combo into a Fsmash. sheik ***** GW but GW pwns C.falco and heavy chars.. all you have to do is after everymove, l-cancel -> u-tilt and juggle. youd be surprised... i really need to show you guys my GW lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'd love to see you "****" any non-blind falco with game and watch

shoot a laser anyone?

marth fsmash actually won't work against game and watch; dash attack clank -> dtilt for the win =), but marth's fair just overpowers gnw

edit: also his CG isn't a factor on 4/6 neutral stages and it's barely a factor on pokemon stadium; it hardly makes him "****" "heavy" (I think you mean fast-falling) characters

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Did i really need to remind you guys that all Marth has to do is fsmash? gnw can't do crap about that.

Also if Evan or Rob want to register for me, I'd pay you whenever(today?).
get rob to, thats what i did just pay him back, we need you for crews! awesome games yesterday that was pretty intense and great training for pound.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Crews, hmm......i didnt plan on entering crews, but if someone needs me then i'll pay and join. I just dont wanna be organizing it :p

omg guys I have a myspace again

Myspace.com/AtomskOO

oh man the new ghost in the shell movie premiered last night b4 the DvD release on Sci Fi.......too good.

jiaflu

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone is still around Pittsburgh, and how often you guys get together to play. I'm just taking summer classes, and generally bored, lol.

I'm not particularly good though, but I want to get better. I trained a bit with Kwalk before he graduated and he generally 2-stocks me if anyone wants to get a handle on my skill level.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
dash back and shffl fairs whenmarth swings. also... GW ***** FALCO.. he can chaingrab falco C.falcon and fox to 80 and combo into a Fsmash. sheik ***** GW but GW pwns C.falco and heavy chars.. all you have to do is after everymove, l-cancel -> u-tilt and juggle. youd be surprised... i really need to show you guys my GW lol
LOLz, when I get back to Pittsburgh I will MM any and all G&W's with my Falco.

Top Bottom