• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vyke

Smash Champion
Kades said:
Alright, so the tone of this thread has definitely taken a pretty unfortunate turn.

We got some calls for some face-punching and some faux medication claims and a bunch of 'man-up' OP nonsense going on... just silliness abounds.

I guess I'll take a stab at addressing the "Man Up" stuff, because I hear a number of people saying that sentiment, even though it can vary on how colorfully they articulate it:

First off, when you are playing a game and you have a less skilled player on your team, Men do not whine and rage at the person they are playing with. Little emo brats that can't control their emotions do that.

When you are losing your lane at top or mid, Men do not blame it on their jungler. Men recognize that they are effectively playing a 2v1. They are confronting the person in their lane while constantly expecting a gank at anytime. Any ganks from their jungler are a bonus. An unexpected windfall. Little emo brats that can't control their emotions are the ones that rage at their jungler for not ganking their lane.

When you are at bottom lane and are lucky enough to have a support who offers to forgo farming at all so that you can farm as much as possible, Men do not rage at their support for being fragile throughout the game. They recognize that their support started with sub-optimal escape items while you most likely went boots. That while you were buying 'fun' items that up your damage or survivability, they were trying to save up enough to buy wards or an oracle while not having any farm- just to help their team survive. It's little emo brats that can't control their emotions that whine and rage about not having enough wards- when they've been farming non-stop and have access to the same wards as their under-farmed teammate.

I agree with you that there is a very real problem in our game with people not being able to "Man Up". But the problem is not with the OP. He handled his frustrations- he didn't lash out like a little boy and start a flame war about the trolls in the game or whine about how useless this community is- he endured his frustration over multiple games, processed it, and then articulated it. Like a man.

If you were playing a game of 5-on-5 basketball at a park near your house- you wouldn't rage at your teammate for missing a shot. You recognize that both of you make mistakes and that it's a part of the game. You might even encourage them because you've all been there.

Men recognize that the skill level on their team might vary. They recognize that in some games, they're just going to be better than their teammates, and that's when they do whatever it takes to win. Men take on a leadership role and offer supportive advice. They buy wards even when they're an AD carry- simply because it needs to be done. They understand that in order to win, you have to encourage your teammates instead of berating them.

That's what 'men' do.

Don't ever whine and rage like an obnoxious little kid and then assume the subject of your anonymous, cowardly 'cyber bullying' is not a 'man' because he takes offense.
I felt like I should share this quote even if it doesn't really apply to anything. One of the best things I ever did read in the past year.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I don't eat. . . . ANYMORE!!!!!!

I don't sleep. . .ANYMORE!!!!!!

I don't LIIIIIIVVVVEEEE

I don't feel. . . ANYMORE!!!!!

jbro

Smash Ace
i'm making a combo video
but it's not combos
it's just me hitting fairs

**** your system, i can make videos however i want

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Thinking about making this into an actual shirt. If i do is anyone else interested in getting one?

Controller is on the back, and the smashboards logo would be small and on the left breast pocket area.

Vyke

Smash Champion
If only you could afford to put them on hoodies

hoodies are way more baller

I always see mogwai sporting a hoodie

maybe

Nakamaru

Smash Master
****, if you ship em I'd even get one.
I can get one to you definitely.

Bulba SWEET
--Names might cost more. : / But i'll keep it open. Where did you guys get your shirts made?

Vyke
--If people want sweat shirts/hoodies i am perfectly ok with making them instead of T's.

Also is it showing up black and dark blue for everyone else? Or is it black and gold (like it should be).

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
on mobile it shows up blue, but in chrome it looks fine. *shrug*

we got ours made at a local screenprinting place

also sweatshirts would be more awesome, and i would buy one as well. :3

Vudujin

Smash Lord
First of all. . .

Naka those logos look sweet!!!

I want a one with "Vudujin" and "88" for a number and I will PAY OUT THE NOSE for it.

Seasonally speaking, I think it would be more appropriate for hoodies. It ain't gettin' any warmer anytime soon.

Which reminds me. . . I gotta finish the steel city smash watercolor.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
either the sleeves, or put the controller graphic on the front and do names/numbers on the back in like a jersey style

Nakamaru

Smash Master
controller ain't going on the front. It just isn't balanced if i do that.

Ok, so if i go with just the design i have on a sweatshirt the cost is $31.36 from one site.

If people want their names and a personal number it'll be a good deal more. At the moment the best i can do is $58.66 per hoodie.

So for much nicer hoodies they will be around the $60 mark. For cheap quick and dirty ones they will be half that. All depends on what you guys want to do.

I have it so the names will be on the right sleeve descending down the arm. So VUDUJIN would have V at the shoulder and N near the elbow. The numbers would be on the shoulder going across the arm.

VUDUJIN

Sleeves (right sleeve - above) (left sleeve - below)

|
spacerssp
|
|
sp
sp
|
|
spacerssp
|

Vudujin

Smash Lord
If it helps, I feel like you could shrink the whole graphic radius on the back just a tad.

It might save a lil on ink money.

The arm decal works for me.

What's our color selection for the hoodie looking like? Were you thinking black?

Top Bottom