• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
hey all. I see this is at duquesne. Are there any ssbb/ssbm clubs or brawlers at the University of Pittsburgh?
There are 4 (right?) guys who go to Pitt who come to our weeklies here at Duquesne, so no I really don't think there is any real club or anything at Pitt. However, you are more than welcome to come down here every Friday to play, we are here from around 1pm until around 11pm as long as school is in session. The weeklies are in the Duquesne Union on the first floor, in a place called the Nitespot. Its a short bus trip down to our campus, I'm sure one of the guys from Pitt would be able to tell you what bus and where to catch it.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
hey all. I see this is at duquesne. Are there any ssbb/ssbm clubs or brawlers at the University of Pittsburgh?
Me (Logan), Skyshroud (Matt), Da Shuffla (Gerald) and HTJMario (Hyun-tae) are all at Pitt. There are a few others in and around Oakland too.

My number's 412-918-9014, if you ever wanna chill and smash just send me a text. We usually head to Duq between 3 and 4 on Fridays and take a bus together, and I get us a ride back/we take a bus back.

Free bus rides are OP :)

A-Laon

Smash Master
Taki,

If you were planning on giving me a ride tomorrow, don't worry about it.

Everybody else,

If you're ever facing struggles in life, don't worry about them.

This was a post.

TheLake

Smash Master
ALAN, i need a place to chill after i get kicked out of aaron's place. It'll be around 9:30-10am. Can i chill at your place for that time period?

This is naka bee tee dubz.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I might not actually be at Duquesne today as it ends up. I have a lot of running around to do and I work at 5.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
arghflarb. Writing a chess AI is tough and due tonight. Not gonna make it today.

edit:

Chess lab is done, get at me.

Sam, me, and the other CMU guys are recording matches again.

Sheik is still gay :<

Wow posting like this -is- fun

gouda

Smash Journeyman
I feel ya Nick.

This is truly one of those "if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen" moments for me:

I had a realization today that I can't have fun playing this game anymore. It is not a matter of winning or losing, which is the common misconception most people jump to when they equate that to fun having. Playing smash has consumed me in a really negative way; and I care not to share how or why, it just has. There's just way too much tension inherent in the game itself that it makes me uncomfortable. Thus when I try to overcome that tension and ultimately fail, I am utterly enraged.... well at myself I guess.

I suppose this means I'm taking a break. I know I know, everyone has their days when they wanna quit smash, they eventually come back, blah blah. I really just need to take a back seat, and play casually if the opportunity arises. However, Friday nights at Duquesne is not the medium to accomplish that.

Alan, I'm sorry. Never have I been more ashamed and embarrassed of my actions.

I hope to still hang out with you guys

'Tis not a good day for metal.

... Drums n bass?

totally didnt work there :'[

TheLake

Smash Master
Not gonna lie. Taki's post made me laugh.
Not gonna lie. Nice Doc ;D

Taki you arent welcome at my home your of a different well....smash main :/

Ride the ragin train me buccos we all have

except...that one guy...

he never got mad or anything like that

but hes not here anymore so...

keep off the bucket list

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Just a heads up Friday will be the last Duq Friday of the semester...unless of course the commuter continues to be open after the semester is over.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I can't think of one thing on this planet I hate more than Birds with laser guns. DnD is #1 in other news.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
"My Father worked in profanity the same as artists work in oils or pastels. It was his medium, a true master."

Top Bottom