• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Dunno why I typed mate actually... I don't say it in person and I'm a native yinzer anyways. Hey, what's with the animal love on this thread?

EDIT: Here's my contribution to the ongoing discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLpxV288d0
I just happened to come across that video (my girlfriend goes to a website called "cute overload" every now and then, sent me some cat video, and you know, youtube happened) and so I decided to post it. But really, we talk about everything but super smash bros. here.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Go ahead. Post your adorable pictures. Others are practicing movement.

That's right, I'm admitting to practicing. OH, NO!

"OMG, I LIKE NEVER PLAY THIS GAME! I HAVE LIFE AND STUFFZ!"

Gimme a break.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Do any of you guys play DDR? I'm trying to get a pad for my girlfriend's birthday but I don't know like anything about them. All I know is she only likes the ones with a foam insert. Any recommendations on price, brands, etc.? Right now she only owns DDR for the PS2.

Thanks, and also: http://alexonsager.net/pokemon/

Definitely do Kadabra + Beedrill

WTFA54

Smash Rookie
Do any of you guys play DDR? I'm trying to get a pad for my girlfriend's birthday but I don't know like anything about them. All I know is she only likes the ones with a foam insert. Any recommendations on price, brands, etc.? Right now she only owns DDR for the PS2.

Thanks, and also: http://alexonsager.net/pokemon/

Definitely do Kadabra + Beedrill
Charizard + Caterpie! And if your girlfriend's got moves like these you are the luckiest man in the world.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Alan I got ya back again if needed.

Taki I wish I would've checked the boards earlier I would have totally been up for smash earlier... =/

Logan I used to be religious to DDR (actually a member of a DDR cult). The foam inserts don't really help haha I would just get a new pad once the sensor got smushed by my fat body. I recommend going RED OCTANE. I actually have a red octane with foam inserts that you can have but the sensors are messed up. So if you wanna save money you can replace them and take my pad but I don't know how to do that. Oh I guess maybe you would wanna get her a new one hmmm ebay maybe cause I know alot of people get it for exercise and play once lolz my friends mom

Buford

Smash Apprentice
ugh.. finally have access to a computer since before smash on friday.. such a long weekend.

on the plus side, I started metroid prime again, and almost beat it :D

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Alan I got ya back again if needed.

Taki I wish I would've checked the boards earlier I would have totally been up for smash earlier... =/

Logan I used to be religious to DDR (actually a member of a DDR cult). The foam inserts don't really help haha I would just get a new pad once the sensor got smushed by my fat body. I recommend going RED OCTANE. I actually have a red octane with foam inserts that you can have but the sensors are messed up. So if you wanna save money you can replace them and take my pad but I don't know how to do that. Oh I guess maybe you would wanna get her a new one hmmm ebay maybe cause I know alot of people get it for exercise and play once lolz my friends mom
Well, she specifically said that the foam insert ones are the only ones she likes lol, that's why I need one of them xD

Puppet_Master

Smash Cadet
Back when I used to play DDR religiously, I only bought my pads form stores that offered a warranty. I played so much that my pads consistently broke before the warranty ended (so I always got a free new one). That being said, I'd recommend against buying a used one cause theres a good chance that used ones either don't work or will break real soon.

Puppet_Master

Smash Cadet
This is literally going to ****ing haunt my sleepless nights.
Agreed. I'm convinced that cat lurks behind every corner of every wall, on the other side of every window and door, and inside every half-opened drawer.

Gerald, I play a decent sheik and should be there on friday. I wanna work on my fox matchup :)

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Back when I used to play DDR religiously, I only bought my pads form stores that offered a warranty. I played so much that my pads consistently broke before the warranty ended (so I always got a free new one). That being said, I'd recommend against buying a used one cause theres a good chance that used ones either don't work or will break real soon.
But we would play for 4 hours everyday haha. A bit more than average. I got the one year warranty for my red octane but it didn't start sticking til after a year =/ I guess the foam inserts sort of preserved the quality so I thought it would last forever. Highly recommend the metal pads... TX1000 always wanted one

Puppet_Master

Smash Cadet
Yeah I think the foam ones do last longer, so its probably worth spending the extra $$$
A metal one would kick *** too. TX1000 sounds like a robot sent back in time to keep humans funky fresh and obesity-free.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
OK kinda lame double post, but I FORGOT MY GAME AT THE LAST WEEKLY, last friday. Did anyone pick up an extra?? Think I left it in a wii.

also double post for triple digit posting 100 yay

Top Bottom