• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Renth

Smash Hero
D20 = Young Link = Rob?
anyways..
is Nepa the tourny in ohio on 4/7?
or is it something different?
why would a tournament called North Eastern Pennsylvania be in Ohio?
:laugh:

it's in scranton buddy.

D20 + Young Link does indeed = Rob

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Renth, I'm seriously considering that. I have lots of work to do this week, but if I can get enough done tommorrow and Friday I'll see if I could stop by on Saturday. I'd also have to clear it with the parentals and all that stuff, but there's a chance. Let's call it 50/50 right now.

Tim, have you gotten any matches with the CT players yet? I'd like to know how you stack up against them... and maybe even see some vids.
Rob if you can go, i know its way outta your way, but would you mind taking me? I dont have a car this weekend. I'll pay you gas money for going to my house and back, and to colver. sorry to toss this on last minute.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to throw out that I'm going to be potentially having some massive transportation issues for the near future. All my previous rides are working longer quite suddenly, so now my Friday availability is jeopardized, and anything on Saturday has become virtually impossible. No clue what I'm going to do about this.
Where do you actually live again?

I might be able to help out with the friday stuff. On saturdays however, you'll just have to start throwing guitar hero tournaments in your bedroom.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Where do you actually live again?

I might be able to help out with the friday stuff. On saturdays however, you'll just have to start throwing guitar hero tournaments in your bedroom.
Actually, don't worry about Friday. It appears that Friday has at least become workable for me. Many thanks anyway.

But hey, I could start those GH tournies regardless...

Rob:

Meant to ask you last night but you signed off of aim at the precise second I clicked on your name:

I'm somewhat in need of the same service Naka requested. If there's room for another (assuming you even go / Renth can support us all) I was hoping I could annoy you for a ride as well. I wouldn't be asking this, but my previous ride just abruptly went down the drain. No problem if you can't / would rather not.

Renth

Smash Hero
Actually, don't worry about Friday. It appears that Friday has at least become workable for me. Many thanks anyway.

But hey, I could start those GH tournies regardless...

Rob:

Meant to ask you last night but you signed off of aim at the precise second I clicked on your name:

I'm somewhat in need of the same service Naka requested. If there's room for another (assuming you even go / Renth can support us all) I was hoping I could annoy you for a ride as well. I wouldn't be asking this, but my previous ride just abruptly went down the drain. No problem if you can't / would rather not.

Due to circumstances i don't think anyone can make it up this weekend my friends are begging me to go to a show for their band in johnstown about 20 mins from my place so if you came up it'd have to be really early and only for a little while.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
To Tim:
I'm Matt.

Yeah and Rob I don't know if I told you or notbut I can't make NEPA with you guys because missing school and all that jazz. But I am still going to tha Ohio tourney the 7th if you are still riding/going, so if you still have a spot for me don't give it away.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I regret to inform everyone that im not going to be doing matches anymore. Takes up way to much room on my computer, and this old thing can't handle the software i have, and all the footage. Its constantly crashing when im compressing so many videos. Also uploading problems are to much to handle. So to those who have cameras, time, and software to compress videos to upload matches to youtube. I will lend you my splitter whenever possible, but as of now. R.I.P. Naka monthly vids. : (

However im not quitting editing all together. Going to get a little more orginzed, and i;ll be doing exclusively combo videos, action videos, and spoofs. Take alot less memory, and gives me more time to actualy get it done, and weave working on it though school, and other ****. Also school is giving me a laptop again (finaly). : )

I gave ray a few videos, and asked him to upload them. So we'll see if they ever get up. :/ Sorry everyone. I'd love to keep doing matches for people, but i'm slightly ill equipped to do so.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
That hurts Sheik, I'm the other Sheik player who is just not gay enough yet. I'm still striving to reach the benchmark of gayness you set for pittsburgh Sheiks.

takieddine

Smash Master
you are all wrong, no one can outgay my shiek in fact this gives me a half-retarted idea.

Lets have a shiek-off this next friday, see who has the gaye--err i mean best shiek..

Renth

Smash Hero
you are all wrong, no one can outgay my shiek in fact this gives me a half-retarted idea.

Lets have a shiek-off this next friday, see who has the gaye--err i mean best shiek..
Shiek dittos are one of the most boring things i've ever seen makes me want to not visit dequense.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Don't you think you're being a little mean.... though I suppose all of your comments are informative.... and I really needed a good laugh today... so yeah actually great post renth :D but I dunno they might just come destroy all of us, not just mike, I mean they did wavedash like twice in those vids lol... :D

Renth

Smash Hero
Don't you think you're being a little mean.... though I suppose all of your comments are informative.... and I really needed a good laugh today... so yeah actually great post renth :D but I dunno they might just come destroy all of us, not just mike, I mean they did wavedash like twice in those vids lol... :D
I feel bad for anyone who took that guide seriously and even more so for the poor b*stard that wrote it.

You know it's bad enough everyone thinks pittsburgh sucks at smash i swear that's what that website is dedicated to do.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
to tim/taki

i started fox yesterday for fun and i got the wave shine and stuff, but i have been having trouble l-canceling the drillshine perfect every time. It there any trick when to l-cancel the drill?

edit: or i could just look it up...daaaaaaaa:dizzy:

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I think maybe you're trying to l-cancel it too early because that's what I used to do when I was practicing it. Like when you just do a shffled drill it's fast but when you hit an opponent with it you have to l-cancel a little later.... I dunno maybe just try watching when you do a shffled drill on the ground and then watch when you do it to a cpu to see how much longer it takes to touch the ground. That's how I figured out the timing at least.... if that made sense at all :\

Btw nice vid renth, way to break his shield with his own turnip lol :D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Evan, its just timing and repetition. Usually when ppl ask me what character they should pick up,, fox is like the last one on the list because his learning curve is the highest of them all. Given that the play style isn't as complex as someone like Marth (because fox has an answer for everything.) He can take a while to play. If there would be a recommendation, it would be Marth/Shiek IMHO, but by all means if u wanna pick up fox go head, just letting u know that the road is usually long.

As for tips .... make ur hands move faster. Ur probly used to samus mode and I know when i went form marth to fox that I had to tell myself that my hands needed to move faster.

xyt

Smash Lord
to Matt:
this is why everyone should have identical tags and smash board accounts.

to Everyone:
NOOOOOOOOO THAT GUY BLEW AWAY MY SECRETTTTTTTTTT!!
HOW AM I TO OUT GAY EVERYONE NOW!! WHEN GANON CAN JUST PUNCH THOUGH MY GAYNESS!!

pdk

Smash Lord
we'd need an identical ingame tag too, i propose YIFF to show the world that we're SERIOUS BUSINESS about smash in the way that furries are SERIOUS BUSINESS

Vividity

Smash Rookie
To Renth, Pocky, and any other people posting on the "outsider" smash site...

First and foremost, I apologize for the intrusion in your thread by both myself and the person earlier linking our site. She was not given permission to link to it and we certainly don't want to have our content being linked left and right on Smashboards.

Now that I've taken care of that, I'll get to the point of this post. I am an anonymous member of the AIP Smash Rankings and I've decided to post in your thread to make a few things clear...

1) The Infamous Sheik Guide - The Guide was not posted on the site in order to actually serve as a "how to kill Sheik" guide. As you can see in the posts from our own members that not only do they not take it seriously themselves, they wildly disagree with it. While the content was linked on your thread, which is our fault, we'd appreciate if you stopped posting about it. We'll be speaking to all parties (I'm letting you guys know first) and clearing this up because, at the moment, the author is under the impression that the replies by both Renth and Pocky were made by people AT the AIP Smash Rankings. I know of the people from this thread (simply by having a general awareness of Smash Players of Pittsburgh) so when I saw posts by you two I decided to do a little investigation. If you guys could drop the whole thing, that'd be great and I'd appreciate it.

2) The comments regarding our videos - I took notice of the few posts mocking our videos and players, so I decided I'd shed some light on them. When we do Smash Rankings night it's not a night to lavish the greater players with attention and footage-time on the site. There are several ranks and the night is meant for players of all skill to have fun. With that being said we have out share of really good players and we have our share of... well, not-so-great players. We don't upload the matches between the very best players every week because it'd get boring to the other 20-some people who attend the event every week and want to see themselves on the site. To keep everyone interested and show appreciation to everyone who attends, we upload matches from all ranks (Wannabes, C, B, A, etc). This is why you've seen the "aerial Falcon kick." That was a Wannabe match. There normally isn't wavedashing in wannabe matches, so the stuff you'll see posted on the site wont consistently be of our wavedashers/shinespikers/etc. We have our share of great players and they're all really cool guys so the insults and stuff really aren't necessary.

Anyway, to wrap this up, I've seen a bunch of your videos (collectively) and I must say you look like a good group of players, and I'm sure you're all pretty cool guys so I don't assume there'll be many problems from here on in. I simply felt obligated to get a few things out in the open so this doesn't escalate in any way.

On one final note, I think it'd be great if some of our better Smashers here could get some matches with some of your better players. While I'm not trying to put anything in motion this very second, it's simply something to consider as a possibility in the future. Don't let the Falcon Kicks decieve you, we've got some players sure to give you guys a challenge. :chuckle:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
... anyway

If by some wierd turn of events anyone still in pittsburgh sees this and would like to head up to renth's this sunday at around 10ish. Give me a call and i'll pick you up at duquesne. Cell = 412-897-9398. Give me a call anytime, and i mean anytime. If you wake me up i wont care. : )

Just letting you all know.

xyt

Smash Lord
To Ppl of AIP

i am XYT @_@)...
Also known as the following:
Sheik
Your Sheik is so gay
Drephen Sheik
and you're gay like Justin's Peach but Justin's Peach is gayer

now..
when and if you guys do come over @_@)!
I challenge youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The only way that this dispute is going to end is the only way to end any smash dispute. With our controllers. So send your best to one of our Duquense fridays. If nothing. You play us, learn some new stuff, get better, and take it back to your people and teach them.

We arent that horrible of people. : ) We just like poking fun sometimes, as everyone does.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Evan, its just timing and repetition. Usually when ppl ask me what character they should pick up,, fox is like the last one on the list because his learning curve is the highest of them all. Given that the play style isn't as complex as someone like Marth (because fox has an answer for everything.) He can take a while to play. If there would be a recommendation, it would be Marth/Shiek IMHO, but by all means if u wanna pick up fox go head, just letting u know that the road is usually long.

As for tips .... make ur hands move faster. Ur probly used to samus mode and I know when i went form marth to fox that I had to tell myself that my hands needed to move faster.

Thanks, i know it will be challenging but fun. I have played your guys's foxs so much its kinda easy to pick up the basics just from seeing you guys. O and i really want to beat you in a set next time we play.:chuckle:

Renth

Smash Hero
To Renth, Pocky, and any other people posting on the "outsider" smash site...

First and foremost, I apologize for the intrusion in your thread by both myself and the person earlier linking our site. She was not given permission to link to it and we certainly don't want to have our content being linked left and right on Smashboards.

Now that I've taken care of that, I'll get to the point of this post. I am an anonymous member of the AIP Smash Rankings and I've decided to post in your thread to make a few things clear...

1) The Infamous Sheik Guide - The Guide was not posted on the site in order to actually serve as a "how to kill Sheik" guide. As you can see in the posts from our own members that not only do they not take it seriously themselves, they wildly disagree with it. While the content was linked on your thread, which is our fault, we'd appreciate if you stopped posting about it. We'll be speaking to all parties (I'm letting you guys know first) and clearing this up because, at the moment, the author is under the impression that the replies by both Renth and Pocky were made by people AT the AIP Smash Rankings. I know of the people from this thread (simply by having a general awareness of Smash Players of Pittsburgh) so when I saw posts by you two I decided to do a little investigation. If you guys could drop the whole thing, that'd be great and I'd appreciate it.

2) The comments regarding our videos - I took notice of the few posts mocking our videos and players, so I decided I'd shed some light on them. When we do Smash Rankings night it's not a night to lavish the greater players with attention and footage-time on the site. There are several ranks and the night is meant for players of all skill to have fun. With that being said we have out share of really good players and we have our share of... well, not-so-great players. We don't upload the matches between the very best players every week because it'd get boring to the other 20-some people who attend the event every week and want to see themselves on the site. To keep everyone interested and show appreciation to everyone who attends, we upload matches from all ranks (Wannabes, C, B, A, etc). This is why you've seen the "aerial Falcon kick." That was a Wannabe match. There normally isn't wavedashing in wannabe matches, so the stuff you'll see posted on the site wont consistently be of our wavedashers/shinespikers/etc. We have our share of great players and they're all really cool guys so the insults and stuff really aren't necessary.

Anyway, to wrap this up, I've seen a bunch of your videos (collectively) and I must say you look like a good group of players, and I'm sure you're all pretty cool guys so I don't assume there'll be many problems from here on in. I simply felt obligated to get a few things out in the open so this doesn't escalate in any way.

On one final note, I think it'd be great if some of our better Smashers here could get some matches with some of your better players. While I'm not trying to put anything in motion this very second, it's simply something to consider as a possibility in the future. Don't let the Falcon Kicks decieve you, we've got some players sure to give you guys a challenge. :chuckle:

I suck at this game and I will $20 Money Match any one of you, you can pick the stage

Top Bottom