• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official P:M Edmonton Thread!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mike, when we meet again, we need to have an epic battle between Squirtle and Charizard. ...if that's who you'd likely main in Project: M that is.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's hard to pick up a new main when going sheik or fox just makes you so much better :/
I think you just can't be afraid to lose when picking up a new main. It takes time to get comfortable enough to be as good as you are with another character as you are with the new guy you pick up.

I'm sure if I stuck with Ganondorf in Project: M, I'd be doing more sick stuff easily enough. But I've worked hard on making Charizard good enough to be my main, win or lose.

Just keep at it.

And also, **** Fox and Sheik.

Frio

Smash Champion
No, they are obviously just more developed. People played them for years so ofc they are going to have some advantages.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i want to play new characters so bad but the old melee top tiers are just so much fun

except for falco ofc, he's a big ***

:009:

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think melee top tier characters are still the best, but not by a large margin. There is lots to learn still about the other characters.

Jiggs might have a couple hard counters out there in the new comers or something, for example.

:phone:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
i want to play new characters so bad but the old melee top tiers are just so much fun

except for falco ofc, he's a big ***

Not sure if you're trolling or not since you play falco in melee now. lol

Limeee

Smash Champion
i play falco because fox is too hard

falco is fun to play as, but him as a character is kind of unfun to play against a lot of the time
fox in project m is easier for whatever reason though

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah you guys are right. After all we didn't think that Jiggs was (while a good character) too much of a threat until people like Mango and Hungrybox hit the scene.

That and the game is still changing with different versions. It'll be a while until we get the final version of the game.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
My 2¢ is that if I were to travel up and play you guys, I'd like to play Brawl and PM at the same time, not just one or the other.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Still dunno why you guys can't run it at the same time. If you have a single setup dedicated to it the entire tournament, might as well use it to run the tournament a little earlier instead of waiting until 8 pm to do it.

If you guys get two TVs for PM, would you guys be able to do it at the same time? That's 2x brawl + 2x PM.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Still dunno why you guys can't run it at the same time. If you have a single setup dedicated to it the entire tournament, might as well use it to run the tournament a little earlier instead of waiting until 8 pm to do it.

If you guys get two TVs for PM, would you guys be able to do it at the same time? That's 2x brawl + 2x PM.
Sounds fine and dandy, until you try balancing two games at the same time. I'd rather I played Brawl first then another game after. Or vice versa.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Running both games should theoretically improve attendance numbers. Though, if none of the other PM players start attending, side event is all it's gonna be I guess.

If we get more and more players playing PM and all we do is just start it at 8 pm every time, I don't see how that's good at all for the PM only people.

Though in every other case for running multiple games, it's about attendance to cover venue so I guess that reason is null since our room is free anyway. The argument would just be for someone in the PM community to step up and host their own tournament Lol.

On balancing between games, that's your own fault if you can't handle it. As if running two (or three) games has ruined the tournament for the smash majors. Whether you want to play which game is your choice. If you want focus on just brawl, just enter brawl then. You can always play PM friendlies later.

But this is all irrelevant until we get more PM players anyway lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I can probably start driving stefan if he wants to bring his stuff. I just couldn't every time before since the monthly always landed on a workday for me.

Man, I wish my parents didn't destroy that one CRT I was supposed to get from a relative =/.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well unless everyone else starts coming out for it, nothing's gonna happen lol.

Or unless the brawl community starts favoring PM over brawl.

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeah

I do intent to start attending Project M stuff more in the future. I'm sure I can manage once a month consistently. More than that may be unlikely, however, so that's why I want to make sure the time I do attend will be worthwhile.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
PM is gonna happen once a month no matter what. When it is announced, that's THE monthly event so just come, and perhaps eventually that once a month thing will become a bigger once a month thing (but still be once a month).

Stevo

Smash Champion
I would make it happen. My basement now would be great for it, I just live in Athabasca.... :(

AWESOME NEW UPDATE FOR 2.5

new stage select screen, which allows you to strike stages on the screen itself! You can set it to auto strike all stages that are not selected for random select, and then strike from there as you normally would! Also, Z button to clear strikes, and L and R swap between pages on the stage select.

So awesome.
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-5934.html

`dazrin

Smash Champion

The next Project M tournament, Salty SaturDaze, will be a Demo 2.5 tournament hosted on Saturday, December 29th, 2012.

DO NOT MISS IT! Project M Demo 2.5 has many great balance changes, design tweaks, new content, engine upgrades, and additional aesthetic surprises that really boost the overall feel of the game. Additionally, this will be the FIRST ever Project M Demo 2.5 tournament, so make your way down to stronghold and be a part of the launch of Demo 2.5!

Check out the tournament thread here!

edit:

I hope at least some of you would be able to come <3

Top Bottom