• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official P:M Edmonton Thread!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Legal Stages for Doubles and Singles
Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone (singles only)
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
SkyWorld
Smashville
Temple/SkyLoft (singles only)
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

19 stages for singles
17 stages for doubles

Rules
Both players choose characters, double blind
7-8-1 Striking system for Doubles
8-9-1 Striking system for Singles
Winner picks character, Loser picks character
Winner gets 3 bans
Loser selects stage
Repeat

Striking system is recommended.
If players both agree, they can random from the list of legal stages, or select a stage manually.
If both players agree, anything goes really.
This includes both Brad and Stevo.

Notes:
-Added Halberd to legal stages
-3 bans should be sufficient enough to be fair to the winner but to give the loser enough of an advantage
-fox is for try hards

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Holy crap, why is yoshi's story so freaking bright? Does anyone know how to change the lighting?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
and not up to brad's opinion of what stage is "most neutral".
With this ruleset, we're putting all of the choice in the person and make THAT our default position, instead of putting our own views into it.
You want to start your first match on Skyloft? Go for it. Smashville? The choice is all yours.
I didn't realize you were gonna get your panties in a bunch over it.

I only picked smashville because I like it and because balloons is a strong point. I'm not saying it's the #1, I was actually say that if there was an 100% legal stage cool, if not the theory of both agree, which plays out exactly the same way just in the opposite order so that people who are new or un sure don't feel like they are forced into a mode they don't understand or know.

tl;dr I said the same thing just made it less confusing and have some order to it =] don't be upset

Stevo

Smash Champion
Legal Stages for Doubles and Singles
Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone (singles only)
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
SkyWorld
Smashville
Temple/SkyLoft (singles only)
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

19 stages for singles
17 stages for doubles

Rules
Both players choose characters, double blind
7-8-1 Striking system for Doubles
8-9-1 Striking system for Singles
Winner picks character, Loser picks character
Winner gets 3 bans
Loser selects stage
Repeat

Striking system is recommended.
If players both agree, they can random from the list of legal stages, or select a stage manually.
If both players agree, anything goes really.

Notes:
-Added Halberd to legal stages
-3 bans should be sufficient enough to be fair to the winner but to give the loser enough of an advantage
-fox is for try hards
works for me

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
luke pooped on jamie too hard with pit and now jamie plays marth how mad how mad

props to luke for playing a fresh new character

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah exactly. He can combo really really well but he can't kill at all.

And you can gimp him pretty easily.

:phone:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i dunno luke you always have high expectations for pit, and then i crush your dreams.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
How did everyone who was at Steph's house tonight feel about my "laissez faire" stage list?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's different, but not too hard to get used to. I say we give yours a shot this tourney, then if anyone else has another striking system idea, we try that one next PM event, and just decide afterwards which one we felt was the best.

Also, goddamn that had to be one of the funnest Smashfests I've done in a long time. I got 2-0'd by Luke's Pit, and finally found my mark as a Charizard main along the way.

Shoutouts for the night,

Congrats to Keith for learning how to be a ***** with Sheik. So proud!
Shoutouts to Luke's diversity in the new character roster, ESPECIALLY that Pit.
Shoutouts to Vic. It was actually pretty exciting seeing you bust out your Peach, kind of like a taste of the old times. We should have a Ganon vs. Peach match again in PM. But dude. Your Wario man... That **** is so amazing. Don't give up on it.
Ron? Your Falco is so freaking stylish. It looks like it transferred over really well to the new game. I think that out of anyone, though we know a lot of the tricks seen, your combos were probably the most consistent in execution. I always get scared of getting hit by Falco.
Cam? ...your Ganon whipped my ***. lol
Sean? So good to see you again. And Stephan? Thanks as always for being an amazing host. I really am thinking about picking up Persona 4. I think the thing for me is that I'll need to play Persona 4 first, just to get an attachment to the series. I'll get on that soon.

And last but not least,

@#$% YEAH.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
My falco is far from being what it is in melee lol. I understand arthur a little bit more now that I've been playing it consistently. Not crippling but it affects the flow of which I play. Friction and landing detection as well as graphics are all really awkward for me.

Your charizard disrupts my flow even more than puff in melee. That god damn shield of yours lol. You probably noticed a vast difference when I played against your sonic. But ggs man.

Brandon for #2 on PM rankings. He can't even do that in brawl!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm starting to think that Charizard is all about putting up a really good defense, and once he's opened the opponent up, it's time to go all out.

Though in all fairness, without that shield of his, he'd have no way to deal with pressure and would get wrecked far more easily. S'not like it's one-sided either way.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Is the next P:M event my tournament? Because I am open to trying things there, I mean, with my consideration of course.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I was under the impression it was a melee tournament since you guys generally prefer that.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much stated, and in fact asked what games people wanted to play and who was showing interest in coming.

I made it large, and bold, and everything.

Ah well, there really is no way to get attention these days is there? I'll be making a real tournament thread as soon as I confirm the location.

In that regard, it will be Melee and Project M, brawl if we have time, but that depends on venue and price of venue really.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah I just rewatched that. It was so good. We all had some pretty slick moments.

...mine mainly at Ron's expense. LOL

I'll make fire lizard work against Pit eventually.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Update on Jarrett's tournament videos, two videos were messed up in the recording so I'll see what I can do with them.

Brandon vs Jack winners semi's has a ton of lag throughout the video with audio desync.
Jack vs me first battle is laggy and the audio desynced

I'll mess with video speed modifying to see if it'll fix anything but worst case is that I simply won't upload it.

Top Bottom