• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a nice update! Sure, we knew what his FS was, but the screen shots were good. Also, the song is one of my favorites up to this point. I always loved the sonic franchises music, and this is no exception. The drums sound just great.

Also, he hinted at Knuckles involvement. (I'm thinking AT) which also lowers Shadow's chances, which excites me.

spindash

Smash Ace
Yes. That's it. Whine and moan some more. :p

I personally think that this is an amazing update. Like... A Sonic update, to me, on Christmas day?

Need I say more? Merry Christmas everyone!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
It really amazes me that people think Sakurai would have a mega update on a specific holiday.

First of all, Japan isn't like the United States. Also Christmas is just a corporate holiday now-a-days, not to often do you see people celebrating the true religous meaning of Christmas.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I like this update, the music and Sonic's FS is on the Dojo finally. Now for the ZSS and Zelda.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting a good while for some Sonic music, and I'm very pleased with this one. I really like the Sonic Adventure feel this arrangement has, it captures a meshing of classic and modern Sonic very nicely. I'm definately going to use this theme in one of my custome stages once I obtain it.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I liked the association with Angels on Christmas. The screen shots shows sonic beating up Pit, then the music was 'Angel Island Zone'

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
If we didn't get a character on Christmas...I don't think we'll be hearing much until a leak or release.

Which is fine. And I have no idea why the speculation is so annoying, personally I think it's funny.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Knuckles would be my favourite character after Sonic ^_^ I hope he'll be playable... I'd so main him.

Anyway, the update was okay, it had to be done, so it's good that it's out of the way. It was good that the music was there too, and the confirmation of L&L (well, it was obvious that it's in anyway >_>), and the new Angel Island music is cool ^^ (Angel Island as a Sonic Stage?)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Angel Island is not his signature music, so it's not that of a hint. And if it goes to popularity, Knuckles > Ashley anyday.

But I don't think this helps his chances or anything, they both have little to no chance, but one can always hope =)

gamer8

Smash Lord
...I can't believe it... he decided to drop this bomb on us on Christmas... Sakurai has no heart, it's official... *sigh*

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
This hint is no better than the fu**ing Ashley hint..Knuckles is not confirmed or has his chances increased.
Oh, on the contrary! I believe this helps Knuckles' inclusion in Brawl GREATLY! Not only does Sakurai hint at Sonic3, but he actually comments on Knuckles himself.

Now, I doubt this has any bearing on Knuckles as a playable character, but I feel it does strongly hint on his involvement with Brawl to some degree.

Notice he just called him Knuckles as opposed to "Knuckles the Echidna"? Kind of like: "Even though you may have never played any Sonic game since Sonic2, if you're keeping up with Brawl you should (or will) know exactly whom I'm talking about."

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
He loves getting us angry and upset and sad and depressed...:(

At least we got rid of this piece of bull**** update.
I guess you'd have to be a die-hard Sonic fan to appreciate this update. Shame.

Anyway, Jun Senoue was added to the 'Musicians' page on the Dojo. I love small, seemingly neglegable updates within the main updates! :chuckle:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

gamer8

Smash Lord
I guess you'd have to be a die-hard Sonic fan to appreciate this update. Shame.

Anyway, Jun Senoue was added to the 'Musicians' page on the Dojo. I love small, seemingly neglegable updates within the main updates! :chuckle:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html
I am a true sonic fan, I've been there since Sonic 1, I don't have the newer games cause I heard they suck though, hyper sonic would be badass.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
DANG IT SAKURAI.
I wanted a very good Christmas present from him, obviously not happening as he doesn't believe in christmas... :/
God Da-Mn sonic... I'm still not fond of that idiot being in brawl. :(
Merry Christmas.

Blackadder

Smash Master
...The complaints beffudle me to extremes.
This update, gentlemen, presents us with A classic Sonic tune. Anyone who hasn't played it loses 50 points immediatly, as this update was epic.

...it has classic tunes.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
...The complaints beffudle me to extremes.
This update, gentlemen, presents us with A classic Sonic tune. Anyone who hasn't played it loses 50 points immediatly, as this update was epic.

...it has classic tunes.
I hated Sonic 3. lol.

I was expecting Green Hill zone, but this is... good, too. The song's great! I'm glad to hear the team behind Live and Learn is back.

Top Bottom