• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Pretty sweet item. Too bad it's never going to get used more than a handful of times because: A) I don't HAVE any teammates to speak of, and, B) Competative Smash, with or without teams, has items banned.

Still, I like the item.

Also, what would happen if you were to throw the item UPWARDS? Could you jump up to catch it and heal yourself? If it doesn't then that sucks. This item should work both ways.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Wow, what a great week for updates this has been. Though, I never play Team Battle. Ever. I'm just glad to see new information that we didn't expect. If this good-update mojo keeps up, we're bound to have a newcomer announcement on Friday. Wooo!

Weed

Smash Lord
I wonder if you can throw it up, and catch it yourself :p
I had the same thought, but.. did you just change your avatar again?

sneaky sneaky

Wow, what a great week for updates this has been. Though, I never play Team Battle. Ever. I'm just glad to see new information that we didn't expect. If this good-update mojo keeps up, we're bound to have a newcomer announcement on Friday. Wooo!
What new information? Healing items are nothing new.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
What I'm surprised about is the appearance of Kirby next to Mario in the character selection screen, even though there was no Kirby shown in the roster previously.

Time for chin scratching.

iMichael

Smash Lord
What I'm surprised about is the appearance of Kirby next to Mario in the character selection screen, even though there was no Kirby shown in the roster previously.

Good find right there.....it's safe to say Kirby is a starter.

courte

Smash Lord
i can see you people now setting up your strats in my houz pwning t3h n00ewbs

a specific taunt means "OMG IM GONNA THROW IT GET IN THE WAY OMG WAT R U DOING?!"

thats side taunt while facing left

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
LOL Ismar genius. And WTF stop changing back and forth Ismar I don't like 2 read ppl's name I know them by their pic.
Sorry :p
U pick my avatar from now on :laugh:

VERY good find!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
lol Yeh I know. Still, it would be the biggest kick in the face for Falcon fans. It would be hilarious too. Yet dissapointing all the same. :p xD
That would be a bigger upset then Lucas replacing Ness....... Anyway todays update was aite I guess. I only say that because it wasn't a filler or a E 4 ALL update. So I see it as a step forward to that character announcment we've been waiting to see.

courte

Smash Lord
omg this is terrible

if no one is speculating on "t3h almight roster" then someone else is dissing the update

shut up

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Guys how many more days to brawl? The wait is killing me. I'm sitting at home everyday wondering what should I play. I've gotten rather sick of melee already.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
SP Conspiracy Theracy DECONFIRMED*GASP* {kirby next to mario in one of teh screens}

Lol, but yeah, I think its a shame that they used crappy team colors again... I'd woulda been overjoyed if they aded in like a dark team color and and white team color... Yeah, that would be BADASS.

(Don't flamez me about the conpiracy thoracy thingy.. It was not meant to be serious in anyway)

Sheep88

Smash Cadet
And occasionally,
it may cause an opponent to recover damage instead
So that "occasionally" could've meant when FRIENDLY FIRE is on?

He wasn't actually quite clear.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
@ ismaR: lol that would be sweet...

and I knew someone would say something about 3v1...

people really need to stop focusing on EXACTLY what the updates say... the screen shot shows all three teams for god's sake...

he always gives us incredibly vague or general information...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I think the item might not show up on 3 on 1 is what I'm taking from that, after all the item is only useful if you have a teammate period.
I'm... pretty sure it will...

He was just giving an example, you know.

"For example, this function allows people to break into teams of two and do battle when four people are playing."

Don't take everything from the DOJO so literally.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol srry.... most of the noobs I encounter r like FREE FUR ALLZ PLZ. I sorta understand cuz I don't like on sided 2v2 matches, but I'd prefer singles instead....

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
team mode hasn't changed since 64...
Hell Yeah, Boy!

No need for change in Team Mode, though adding some stuff would be nice.

Personaly I think this update was wack. Team Healer? Umm ok. So an item and you pick up and throw it at you friend... Sure. So basicly its just a Heart Container in projectile form that can only be used in Team Match, SURE got it. Whatever.

New Item, Projectile healing item, could be used in real match cause it can hit anyone but I guess Sakurai is just trying to limit areas of play so we try out all of em to make sure we arnt missing anything. Ok. (Like any of us arnt gunna play EVERY mode in this game) Of Course we are!

Top Bottom