• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
you guys make me so sad....all these people complaining about online....ATLEAST WE HAVE ONLINE.
just think about it.....

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
This update was like getting Sonic all over again. It confirms so much for me.

1. What coins are used for.
2. The starting roster and character select screen.
3. King dedede is unlocked through Subspace E.
4. Just because you can see and fight against a character doesn't mean you can unlock them at that time.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
i predict a character on monday....sereously, after sakurai mentioning characters in this update it kinda
hits he'll start revealing more characters ain't it?

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
This update was like getting Sonic all over again. It confirms so much for me.

1. What coins are used for.
2. The starting roster and character select screen.
3. King dedede is unlocked through Subspace E.
4. Just because you can see and fight against a character doesn't mean you can unlock them at that time.
Only #4 is confirmed... you're just guessing on #3, and #1 and #2 are just plain wrong.

1. Those aren't the coins you earn in 1P modes, those are the coins/tokens that you choose your character with. I've seen lots of people making this mistake.

2. You've gotta be kidding me. He just used the demo's selection screen because its been seen before, and he didn't want to release the final version of the screen, nor the starting roster.

You might wanna rethink your assumptions.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
Only #4 is confirmed... you're just guessing on #3, and #1 and #2 are just plain wrong.

1. Those aren't the coins you earn in 1P modes, those are the coins/tokens that you choose your character with. I've seen lots of people making this mistake.

2. You've gotta be kidding me. He just used the demo's selection screen because its been seen before, and he didn't want to release the final version of the screen, nor the starting roster.

You might wanna rethink your assumptions.

1. Wheres your prof
2. Heres my prof (There was obviously an update for the Wifi today and it clearly explains how the following pictures are for the(((((((Wifi select screen))))))))) I don't know why people keep saying it's from the demo if it has items and level select on it.)

I never said it wasn't the same characters from the demo.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
1. Wheres your prof
2. Heres my prof (There was obviously an update for the Wifi today and it clearly explains how the following pictures are for the(((((((Wifi select screen))))))))) I don't know why people keep saying it's from the demo if it has items and level select on it.)

1. Why would those other coins be used on the stage select screen?

2. So Kirby is not a starting character, right?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
So i think i'm right about unlocking characters through wifi but i'm also right about unlocking characters through SSE!

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
1. Wheres your prof

... 1st of all... proof.... two "o"s

2nd, in order for that to be true, guys like King DeDeDe and Kirby, who you can play against in Event Modes 1st few matches aren't unlocked.

3rd, its complete coincidence that they players ready for the demo are the exact ones that will be starting?

4th, isn't it possible that Sakurai, wanting to show the screen off but not wanting to show characters just put the demo version up?

5th, Pokemon Trainer and Kid Icarus are on the box but not unlocked?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
1. Wheres your prof

You just did say that right above.

Repryx

Smash Champion
... 1st of all... proof.... two "o"s

2nd, in order for that to be true, guys like King DeDeDe and Kirby, who you can play against in Event Modes 1st few matches aren't unlocked.
remember you had to unlock event matches w/ characters in Melee?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think that if it's not obvious enough to you that it's NOT the starting roster, you might want ot notice that SONIC is on the screen. Yea, a confirmed hidden character is now going to be a starter? And Zelda and Kirby aren't?

remember you had to unlock event matches w/ characters in Melee?
Yea, but that was only Falco and that was in an event that would probably come AFTER the 100 man Melee, which you can beat and use to unlock him from the very start of the game. Ganondorf and Pichu don't count because it is those actual events that are used to unlock them.

Also, bear in mind that half the events couldn't be unlocked until after Falco, Young Link, Luigi, Roy, and I think somone one else were already unlocked. Meaning, they didn't want to have you doing all those events without the characters, so I doubt they will have tyou doing the first event with an unlockable character.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
isnt kirby in the first SSE match? if so then shouldnt he be a starter

or maybe just maybe, that is the starting roster and kirby is the first unlockable in SSE cuz sakurai said he wasnt too hung up on unlockable chars so he is making it extra easy to get most of them

just speculation

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wouldn't it be cool, if Mario would be the only starter and you would have to unlock EVERY other character? :laugh:

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
OPTIONS... Maybe you choose stock etc in here... and then go onto the next screen which is:

So perhaps it matches you up with people with similar or identical settings?
Except on the character selection screen it's searching for anyone and everyone to fill up the four spots. My guess is that it will keep trying to connect to all four spots for a time limit.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh......

on moday i predict stage then and item then a character then a how to play then a Game mode

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What, morons are still trying to tell me Sheik won't be in the game?
I won't even get into why she is absolutely in Brawl.
I don't think he was saying she's out. Just saying that we need to end the debate for better or worse.

If he was saying she was out, though... bring the pitchforks!

I still go with Zelda update. Now that the semester's over, I get a month of "Free" updates!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I wasn't saying she is out... I'm just saying I want an definite answer from the site...

I've wanted sheik all along...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I wasn't saying she is out... I'm just saying I want an definite answer from the site...

I've wanted sheik all along...
Off-Topic, but dude, your avatar's so misleading. lol. Of course you're a guy (I'm guessing) cause your name has King in it, but Harle was so feminine. lol.

Anyway, we all want Shiek, so we need an update Monday!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
so um... yeah let's see sheik....

LoL Harle was just a cool character from an awesome game... and I've had this avatar since I came here... no way I'm changing it now...

Repryx

Smash Champion
Chrono Cross...gotta Love Serge

*deletes Harle avatar* lolz

BTW I predict 5-7 more characters

Top Bottom