• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I see this as an oppurtunity to become better. I can see myself on a sunday, nothing on tv, switching on brawltube and watchin a match. I could study the moves and techniques used and then i apply them to my own game. Plus, I love watchin matches. I see no downside to this update. Except the name thing. This is a great way to find the next Adv. Tech. Like wavedashing.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
Rofl, that's how gambling works kids, usually you aren't supposed to know the outcome before betting. I'm flipping some hefty roffle waffles at these responses.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
So what if we don't get to bet on kids who have names?
Seriously, it wouldn't work if you knew who they were.

If names were given, who would you bet for? "Ken" or "NarutoMaster69"?
lol, that was just too good. "GO NARUTOMAS--- oh... he lost... DAMMIT MY COINS!!!"

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
You people are really complaining about this update? I think it is awesome. Having the ability to spectate online matches opens up the possibilities of online tournaments, and making it fun to bet on people online, friends or anonymous. I think this is just one of the many online updates we might be getting that heavily expand upon online play.

Anyone who isn't pleased with this is just a cry baby. This is a very good update/

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
the update fails even more now.
I don't even use wavedashing, I was just giving an example. If I were to pick up a technique from Brawltube I doubt it would be a glitch or something like that. I'd probably find some cool combo that I didn't know about. Or a new use for an old move.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
You people are really complaining about this update? I think it is awesome. Having the ability to spectate online matches opens up the possibilities of online tournaments, and making it fun to bet on people online, friends or anonymous. I think this is just one of the many online updates we might be getting that heavily expand upon online play.

Anyone who isn't pleased with this is just a cry baby. This is a very good update/
NOTE: "It’s called Spectator, and you’ll find it in the With Anyone menu."

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Ok Sakurai can change this rememner it's Wi-FI and he said he will change some things to make it better there is still time until the release.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well, it kinda depends what betting you're talking about. I was hoping it was more like when you bet on sports games, it could actually start like a whole new kind of strategy and stuff on who you should bet on. I wonder if you can start watching somebody mid-match?

I lol on the inside everytime I hear the name mew2king

what kind of a name is that?

is he the king of mewtwos?

who would want to be king of that? -_-;
Actually he's more like King of Marth and Fox >,>'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2E3mk6OFM

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Terrible. Why would you bet on a character without knowing who was playing it? Thats like throwing a dart at a list of horses and just laying down money based on that. It'll encourage the development of tiers, so people will know who to bet on, if anything at all.

It seems like a waste to me. If you're not good at smash, why would you even want to watch other people you dont and will never know play it?

And stickers and coins? Please. I'm guessing 90% of us will want to earn them ourselves, rather than bet on a favorite face and hope the somebody playing him/her/it doesn't totally suck. Psh, its like a glorified demo mode.

PS: To people who're saying you'll be able to identify the characters, you won't Sakurai has stated vehemently you won't be able to see the names, and "no messages with taunts" either.

Well.... the way it is written on the site makes me think that it won't be watched at the exact time the people are playing the match, just a later time. It would be ridiculous to think that the players would sit there and wait 30 sec for 50+ spectators to sign in to watch the match and take a lot of bandwidth and cause a lot of lag.
to send the data for games played between other people
The content that is broadcast is the same for everyone spectating (if your connection timing is the same)
So it won't be real time it looks like, just at a later point when Nintendo decides to put it up.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
This is specator mode done right beyond all reason. The narrow-minded nature of some people is why fans are not the place to go for game ideas. So many of you can't think past what you consider useful/cool for yourself.

This mode is extremely cool. The game will still be there for you to play, for those that can't grasp how useful this is. It solves the one downside of video games vs. TV - interaction. Sometimes you're too lazy to actually play a game but you're still in a video game mood (and don't have cable, too). This solves that. Or you can have it run in the background while you do other stuff. It's not a gameplay mode (unless you count coin-betting).

People who think this update is horrible (not those analyzing/being speptical) make me facepalm irl. -.-

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Rofl, that's how gambling works kids, usually you aren't supposed to know the outcome before betting. I'm flipping some hefty roffle waffles at these responses.
usually when you bet, you're given odds. that's why when you go horse racing or something, they'll say what are the odds of each one winning.

if they kept online records or stats or something, it'd make betting more fun. but nope, it'll just be random guessing.

CommanderC00L

Smash Cadet
Not showing the names of the players is going to suck...

What if your buddy is playing and they always picks a certain name, wouldn't you like to know he or she is playing?

well... maybe they might show names afterall.

This is a cool update now, ill watch this when nothing good is on T.V

Oh... and lol @ whoever came up with "BRAWLTUBE"

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
Smash TV!

Awesome update. It'll at least serve as something to watch besides TV...

...what if,...oh no, SMASH COMMERCIALS! NOOOO!!

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I do feel kind of sad about the battles being anonymous, I was eager to try making a name for myself (pun not intended) in the online competitive scene, but it seems I'll be have to settle with this.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit, the anonymity of online play is a little lame, but its still a treat to get to play online.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Not showing the names of the players is going to suck...

What if your buddy is playing and they always picks a certain name, wouldn't you like to know he or she is playing?

well... maybe they might show names afterall.

This is a cool update now, ill watch this when nothing good is on T.V

Oh... and lol @ whoever came up with "BRAWLTUBE"
LOL, we shall forevermore refer to spectator mode as...

BRAWLTUBE.
All me baby.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sakurai hates us.

First Deoxys, then Samurai Goroh, Resetti, and Little Mac.

Then this string of a cra**y week!

Let me recount this tale of misery!

Monday: Ike's FS- Wow. I'm pretty sure E 4 All covered that, you ****** Saky.

Tuesday: Three Taunts- Look at above description.

Wednesday: Handicaps- Only news to the most hardcore of fans.

Thursday: Meta Day- MORE stuff we already knew and mediocre music, IMO.

Friday: Spectator- WOW!!! Hey, I've got an idea! Unless you have Wi-Fi, get a friend and watch THEM play! This update is easily the worst for me.

It started at MK's Final Smash... Sure, this warpath of s**t was hindered by few brave ones, like Gray Fox and Lucas' psychic powers, but they all fell to Norfair, Previous Items, and their commander: Grab and Throw.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is it just me, or are people being really lame and bashing this legitimately awesome update?

Alright, I guess the anonymous thing is sorta BS, but still this is one of the most creative applications of Wifi play I've seen yet. This in a sense helps replace searching Youtube for videos, so all in all, I think this is a really good thing.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Ok Sakurai can change this rememner it's Wi-FI and he said he will change some things to make it better there is still time until the release.
uh...not really...

if this game is really coming out in janurary in japan, it had sure as crap better have gone gold by december.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Terrible. Why would you bet on a character without knowing who was playing it? Thats like throwing a dart at a list of horses and just laying down money based on that. It'll encourage the development of tiers, so people will know who to bet on, if anything at all.

It seems like a waste to me. If you're not good at smash, why would you even want to watch other people you dont and will never know play it?

And stickers and coins? Please. I'm guessing 90% of us will want to earn them ourselves, rather than bet on a favorite face and hope the somebody playing him/her/it doesn't totally suck. Psh, its like a glorified demo mode.

PS: To people who're saying you'll be able to identify the characters, you won't Sakurai has stated vehemently you won't be able to see the names, and "no messages with taunts" either.
Oh quit being such a fcking whiney baby. You're a hardcore player, this feature wasn't made with you in mind.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Awesome update? almost every ****ing game with online capability has this "observer" mode. This is NOTHING new, and anyone that has played a game outside Smash would have expected this mode to be in the game.

Worst Week Ever.

Top Bottom