• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Brawl version of Youtube....<_<

I wonder if we'll be able to refine our searches as "spectators"

Blackadder

Smash Master
ok wtf why is Nintendo so against giving names? THEY'RE NOT EVEN REAL NAMES god d@mn I mean **** Why would I bet if I didn't know who was in it or who was better? It's not like people ****ing bet on horses cuz they like their name or some ****, you bet cuz you see ok this guy's good I'm betting on him. Way to be ******** Nintendo. And WTF are the coins good for anyways? you just bet them for fun? Too tell the truth I'm losing faith in Brawl.

AHH god **** it rant rant rant.
All the ****s in that hurt my head.
While names are only names, and prolly won't do much harm, they're not that big either. It's not time to see Lucifer in hell yet. World is not over, chill man.

As for the coins, they're prolly gonne ba eused for buying...stuff.
The game isn't going to be killed from coins or...names.

That was an odd sentance.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I think I might use this mode, i mean betting? That's just asking for me to get in there. then again, i could just get my friends together for brawl and not play....
Im on the fence on this one.
Convince me otherwise!!!

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have anything with which to confirm the lower right character in the 3rd picture? I could swear it is Silver, but I don't have any program of the sort.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Blah, another thing I'll never use.

I wish Nintendo would stop catering to people who suck at videogames...I mean, I know it's supposed to be a family system type of thing, but they're going a little far, imo.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Wtf is up with all this bashing of Brawl?!

We all loved Melee even though it wasn't online, and now that we even have online, you guys still complain!

If you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna ask for milk..

Roatigas

Smash Rookie
A game with so much choice and customization. You'd think you could just add the option whether or not to have your name shown in Wi-Fi games.
EDIT: Oh, and sometimes, I'm so lazy that I'll watch the AI vs. AI matches on the startup screen of Melee, so I can see me using this from time to time...

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have anything with which to confirm the lower right character in the 3rd picture? I could swear it is Silver, but I don't have any program of the sort.
Yeah, that is Silver the Hedgehog! :)

Evolver

Smash Cadet
the only dissapointment i have is this board. most of you guys are really stubborn and ungratefull. This mode is really nice, esp. if you have some work todo, you can watch brawl and get some coincs stickers in this time.

Also he is tryining to make the game bigger then it was, all things you are all focus are characters, characters and character.... There will be enough of them, so enjoy these updates a little more and dont bash brawl that much.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
*cough*

So... those stickers... I see a Nintendog, Sothe, someone I can't recognize (anyone know who that is?), Toad, and Silver the Hedgehog.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
This name thing is starting to bother me. Nintendo is acting like showing this fictional name online is the equivalent of giving up your soul. I mean what is the worst a stupid kid could do? Make his name using his birthday, area code and social security number?
IT'S FIVE MADE UP LETTERS. They need to cool out.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
the only dissapointment i have is this board. most of you guys are really stubborn and ungratefull. This mode is really nice, esp. if you have some work todo, you can watch brawl and get some coincs stickers in this time.

Also he is tryining to make the game bigger then it was, all things you are all focus are characters, characters and character.... There will be enough of them, so enjoy these updates a little more and dont bash brawl that much.
Very well put. I think the problem is all these kids who are up too late and are cranky with lack of sleep. Night time, children, that means sleep for you.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Even among Smash players, there are some people who just aren’t that good at action games. With that in mind, I’ve been thinking about how I can convey the fun of Smash to newcomers. I’ve been thinking about this type of thing since long before I joined this industry.

So, for this game, I’ve prepared a new kind of mode. It’s called Spectator, and you’ll find it in the With Anyone menu. If I had to describe it in a word, it’s "watching!"

You can enjoy watching matches between other people!

This mode is a service where Nintendo uses Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to send the data for games played between other people to every Smash household.

Match selection is handled automatically, and absolutely no names of any players can be seen. It feels like there’s a continuous broadcast of matches on your television! Even if you don’t play, you can enjoy the battles of other characters!

And at the beginning of each match, you can even bet coins on the character you think will win.

I’ll bet some coins. I’ve got a winner!

Glean what hints you can from the stages and combatants and try to deduce the winner.

Of course, if your pick wins, your coin count will increase! And the more players in a match, the higher the payout. There may even be extra prizes.

Even if you lose, you can get some stickers.

Just to make sure there’s no mistaking that just watching a match can be fun, we’ll be passing out stickers left and right.

For those of you who want to cooperate with our data collection for Spectator mode, set Allow Spectators to Yes in your Wi-Fi Options. This will result in your play data occasionally being sent to Nintendo.

This setting is in your Wi-Fi Options.

The content that is broadcast is the same for everyone spectating (if your connection timing is the same), so it should be fun to have people in different environments watch and cheer the same match.

To be shocked by impressive play, or to bust a gut laughing at some accident will be quite fun! Perhaps you can use it as reference for your own matches.

Hopefully this mode is something that even people who aren’t good at games can enjoy.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
tennisthehilife August: 3 new comers September: 0 new comers October: 3 new comers November: ? looks like 0 to me[/QUOTE said:
Ok so your saying theres a pattern? So if this were true then next month we will get 3 character updates?

I don't care. It is a decent update, but everyone would rather have a character.
Whatever. Time is the issue here and in two months we all will know who almost all the characters are.
We are all so impatient... ahh!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ummm.... How can I bet on random people. I wish they'd just give us the names. How do I know I'm not betting on some random noob who's about to face Mew2King?

That's the only thing I don't like about this update. It would've been one of my favorites if we could just see the name...

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
The website has only been up for 23 weeks. and we have 23 characters. so hes probably just putting us back on track

Top Bottom