• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Lulz. :laugh: We thought we were so clever to take vids at E for All and read about all the new things in Brawl from first impresstion threads, but Sakurai has been mindgaming us all week, and yet again proves himself the Ultimate Master of Smash.

Seriously though, does he realize he still has 3+ months of updates to make? :psycho:

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll just never understand Sakurai, and I'll never understand little kids. Of all the awesome characters to put in a game... I mean a pink puffball is odd enough, then throw in another character from the game in Meta Knight and it's like ok, a darker cooler characater from that game, nice. Now there are two dreamland characters to choose from , but why a third? Especially one that is as goofy and disney looking at this? I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with King Dedede, but of all the other games that we don't have a single character from, or from all the games we've had characters from that have other popular and awesome characters to include.... I guess I'm just frustrated that there's still no Falcon, Ganondorf, YL or WW Link, etc., and thinking about other awesome characters that probably won't be in brawl from games like F-Zero, Starfox, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Zelda, Mario games, Megaman, Metroid, etc., just kinda makes me really mad at Dedede.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I guess I'll just never understand Sakurai, and I'll never understand little kids. Of all the awesome characters to put in a game... I mean a pink puffball is odd enough, then throw in another character from the game in Meta Knight and it's like ok, a darker cooler characater from that game, nice. Now there are two dreamland characters to choose from , but why a third? Especially one that is as goofy and disney looking at this? I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with King Dedede, but of all the other games that we don't have a single character from, or from all the games we've had characters from that have other popular and awesome characters to include.... I guess I'm just frustrated that there's still no Falcon, Ganondorf, YL or WW Link, etc., and thinking about other awesome characters that probably won't be in brawl from games like F-Zero, Starfox, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Zelda, Mario games, Megaman, Metroid, etc., just kinda makes me really mad at Dedede.
Well,

Sakurai created Kibry, and his Kirby Games.

And King Dedede was Number 1 in Sakurais Poll for Most Wanted Characters!

EliteSmashArtist27

Smash Cadet
I guess thats it for the kirby characters, I mran how much more people can be in it. I also heard about the really good costumes of link and DK, as dark link and albino Dk. I hope they get really creative with that, there could be no end to the possibilities. Sakurai sould make Doctor Mario an alternate coustume for mario, which would make sense, and he could switch the fireball to the pill easily without chaning mario too much. I dont think anyone will miss the alternat costumes of doctor mario too much; the slightly pink or blue overcoat he'd exchange with his white ones. For the next update, Im predicting another newcomer/vet, its the least when we'd expect it so I expect it. BTW, what does ftw stand for?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord

WW Link FTL!!!!!

Whoever suggests WW Link to be in this game should be slapped. And then slapped again to make sure. Just because he looks different? There's like 18 different looks to Link, let's fill up 18 slots with Links. And don't forget all 10 Mario's, we gotta throw all them in too......

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Sakurai keeps stuffing in secondary characters, which is no problem; more characters = win, but, there's still one MAIN character in particular that would be an exceptional addition to Brawl.

Megaman anyone?

Personally, I never thought King Dedede would be in Brawl. I just wasn't feeling it with him. I didn't think he was that popular (yes... uh, why was he #1 again?). I'd think Megaman would be more popular than King Dedede.

I see no reason why Megaman should not be in Brawl. Granted he technically belongs to Capcom but, Megaman DID start with Nintendo so if anyone should be in Brawl it should be him.

Also, since Sakurai IS so keen on adding secondary characters, why shouldn't Zero from the Megaman series be acceptable? (he's even had his own game on GBA).

Q: Does Megaman count as a Third-Party Character?

NG7

Smash Lord
OMG. He looks so awesome, I think Fox will have to deal with me having King D as a 2nd main.

superduper

Smash Cadet
Sakurai keeps stuffing in secondary characters, which is no problem; more characters = win, but, there's still one MAIN character in particular that would be an exceptional addition to Brawl.

Megaman anyone?

Personally, I never thought King Dedede would be in Brawl. I just wasn't feeling it with him. I didn't think he was that popular (yes... uh, why was he #1 again?). I'd think Megaman would be more popular than King Dedede.

I see no reason why Megaman should not be in Brawl. Granted he technically belongs to Capcom but, Megaman DID start with Nintendo so if anyone should be in Brawl it should be him.

Also, since Sakurai IS so keen on adding secondary characters, why shouldn't Zero from the Megaman series be acceptable? (he's even had his own game on GBA).

Q: Does Megaman count as a Third-Party Character?
are you being serious?

I love Dedede but he sorta looks dumb. Man, I wanna try out so many new characters now =[

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
You know the fact that we actually got a new character after almost two weeks of meh updates makes me not even care what we get tomorrow.

I just hope next week we get Captain Falcon. Why are they hiding him? I must know.

Mr. L

Smash Cadet
Tomorrow I predict either an AT or Dedede's special moves.

As for MegaMan; yes, he'd be a wise addition to the series. I never really played the MegaMan games, but I know enough about him to know he'd be a good character to add in. The question is; what MegaMan? There's been a lot of MegaMans since the series began and it'd impossible to fit them all into one character.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Tomorrow I predict either an AT or Dedede's special moves.

As for MegaMan; yes, he'd be a wise addition to the series. I never really played the MegaMan games, but I know enough about him to know he'd be a good character to add in. The question is; what MegaMan? There's been a lot of MegaMans since the series began and it'd impossible to fit them all into one character.
You're kidding right? Link says hi.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
WW Link FTL!!!!!

Whoever suggests WW Link to be in this game should be slapped. And then slapped again to make sure. Just because he looks different? There's like 18 different looks to Link, let's fill up 18 slots with Links. And don't forget all 10 Mario's, we gotta throw all them in too......
1. You clearly have never played Wind Waker.
2. Wind Waker Link was Third on Sakurai's poll.

Mike1993

Smash Rookie
Wow. Third? Where was Lucario, he would be my second if he was in. Overtake Mewtwo! Samus first obviously. I predict an item tomorrow. Assist trophy? Advanced Wars, just like in the Gamespot video :D. Also, whatever screenies we get tomorrow will include Dedede, thats a no-brainer.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
1. You clearly have never played Wind Waker.
2. Wind Waker Link was Third on Sakurai's poll.

1. I own it, beaten it many times, got all the figurines, etc.
2. WW Link was not third, he was ninth.

So should we have Paper Mario in the game also just because he looks different than regular Mario, which is the situtation with Link and WW Link?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

So should we have Paper Mario in the game also just because he looks different than regular Mario, which is the situtation with Link and WW Link?
Well if you have it, then you know that WW Link is more than a "Guy that just looks different".

He is Third.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well if you have it, then you know that WW Link is more than a "Guy that just looks different".

He is Third.
Third? That's not what this list (pulled straight from the polls, mind you) says.

Better yet

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
See the underlined text. Guess where Wind Waker Link is?

Smooth Criminal

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Well,

Sakurai created Kibry, and his Kirby Games.

And King Dedede was Number 1 in Sakurais Poll for Most Wanted Characters!
Yeah, that's kinda why I said I didn't understand little kids. I wasn't just throwing in an extra confusing thing I hoped somebody could help me with, like "oh, and another thing, I also don't understand rocket science... anybody? Anybody?"

WW Link FTL!!!!!

Unless you're giving me credit for being the first person to come up with the idea of WW Link then all you're "upset" about is the fact that I considered it a possibility. Personally I was just hoping for YL to return because I play YL in Melee, but if they switched it to WW Link just to change it up, I wouldn't mind because he'd be the same size and have the same moves. I'm not sitting here hoping for Disco Link and Malibu Link, I actually want YL back beacuse he's a DIFFERENT CHARACTER. Don't worry though, Link, and then either YL or WW Link IS just like adding 10 Mario's for the sake of their costumes.

So you've just decided that the situation with Link and WW Link would be because it's a different look? Have you ever played smash? Clearly I have to explain this to you delicately.

There were only two Link's in Melee. The regular Link, and then Young Link. They played very differently. Some people (like me), preferred playing YL for various reasons, but definitely NOT because it's a "different look." Now that the threat of some characters not returning is upon us with Brawl, YL fans fear he might not come back. Some people have come up with the idea that seeing as how WW Link is small like YL, and he's from a more recent game, Sakurai might replace YL with WW Link. This way all the YL players will still have their smaller, faster, more agile alternative to regular Link. So you trying to reduce this to us wanting as many Links as there are looks for him just means that you're not a fan of Ocarina of Time and Windwaker, or you're just mad that your favorite look for your character isn't a likely possibility, or you're just THAT dumb that you can't understand the difference between a costume change and a different character.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah, that's kinda why I said I didn't understand little kids. I wasn't just throwing in an extra confusing thing I hoped somebody could help me with, like "oh, and another thing, I also don't understand rocket science... anybody? Anybody?"

Unless you're giving me credit for being the first person to come up with the idea of WW Link then all you're "upset" about is the fact that I considered it a possibility. Personally I was just hoping for YL to return because I play YL in Melee, but if they switched it to WW Link just to change it up, I wouldn't mind because he'd be the same size and have the same moves. I'm not sitting here hoping for Disco Link and Malibu Link, I actually want YL back beacuse he's a DIFFERENT CHARACTER. Don't worry though, Link, and then either YL or WW Link IS just like adding 10 Mario's for the sake of their costumes.
Well, even though this isn't my argument, WW Link is a different Character, he has a whole different array of weapons to choose from too.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
You know the fact that we actually got a new character after almost two weeks of meh updates makes me not even care what we get tomorrow.

I just hope next week we get Captain Falcon. Why are they hiding him? I must know.
It's those iron nipples. XD

Really it could be because he's been either totally redone to look extremely realisticly bad***, or they're just messing with us or don't care about him..
It could be worse, his moveset could have changed alot or something. Who knows.

I'm placing my bet on them iron nipples though. :p

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Well, even though this isn't my argument, WW Link is a different Character, he has a whole different array of weapons to choose from too.
All the more reason why including WW Link in Brawl would be a lot more than a costume change or just another look for Link.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Ok then Item or music or (possibly) how to play

im going to get it one time this week

Now though its probably going to be

King Dedede moves................. :yawn:

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I would like some more advanced tecniques revealed. It will tell us that what we saw wasnt even closed to being finished.

Top Bottom