• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
I wonder if Goopy will relise that I'm really only half serious with all that crap I said.
Okay, alright, I overreacted. I'm sorry.
;)

Incidently, you have a quote by me in the latter post.
Something about "really big post I hope I don't get in trouble for quoting" or similar.

I don't recall saying that...
Hmmmm. I may be going senile.

Damm, I'm spamming this place up. *Runs away*

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
so there's gonna be 5 different maps for each character or what? I didn't get what they were saying with that.
Either this is really sweet, with 5 per character - or really lame, with 5 maps total. Now with as many characters as we're gonna have, maybe 35-50 (hell if I know, but we already have like... 20 revealed), multipled by 5.... doesn't look like there's very good chances for each char to have 5 stages. :(

If the items aren't random and always particular ones, then those are ok.

3 mins of vid is nice, but I wish they could've squeezed just a bit more out of it. 4 minutes would've been enough, and 5 would've been great. As is... (for Melee, which as far as we know plays faster), a 3-stock match can go over 3 minutes (non CPU, of course). I can understand if it's hardware limits, though.

I'm sure we'll make excellent use of it, though.

All in all, pretty cool update.

He's doing a good job of staggering new with stuff we know from E for All/media convention.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well it's not exactly mind blowing now is it. Yeah it's nice, but I was expecting more seeing as though he delayed the game. Something tells me these aren't the updates he initially planned. I would settle with Music and an Item, but even double updates seem to have vanished.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
for tonight update....

-either, Cap't Falcon confirmed

-Luigi confirmed

-another Subspace Emmisary update

-character moves

-info on the E event

some music

or

a lousy item

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, c'mon and confirm Luigi already. I'm a big Luigi > Mario guy, and like alwys, they're keeping a hush on him in a secret conspiracy to make people forget about him for all eternity.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious as to whether they're actually going to reveal any secret characters. I assume Snake and Sonic will need to be unlocked (albeit easily, like through SSE) but Snake was revealed because it was the huge twist of Brawl, and Sonic was revealed to soften the blow of the pushback.

So, assuming that every character other than those two are starters, that leaves us with 20 starting characters (not a shabby number considering Smash64's eight and Melee's...what was it, fourteen?) Considering the profile pictures it had to choose from on the wifi update, though, I don't think Lucas will make the cut as a starter, but maybe they just did some creative editing with that picture; if he turns out to be secret, then the rest of what I have to say is pretty much null and void.

Should Lucas turn out to be a starter, though would Sakurai start releasing characters that are "secret"? After all, they're not exactly secret if you know they're there. On a sidenote, should he bother revealing Luigi or Jigglypuff, characters that most players take as a given for being there considering the history Smash has sort of established for itself?

I'd LIKE to see a new character revealed or a vet confirmed, but if Sakurai is trying to avoid spoiling what secrets Brawl will have to unlock there's always the chance that he just keeps the rest of the cast to himself and uses the time to flesh out on the Dojo everything else that will be available from the get-go, other than things related to Sonic and Snake.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious as to whether they're actually going to reveal any secret characters. I assume Snake and Sonic will need to be unlocked (albeit easily, like through SSE) but Snake was revealed because it was the huge twist of Brawl, and Sonic was revealed to soften the blow of the pushback.

So, assuming that every character other than those two are starters, that leaves us with 20 starting characters (not a shabby number considering Smash64's eight and Melee's...what was it, fourteen?) Considering the profile pictures it had to choose from on the wifi update, though, I don't think Lucas will make the cut as a starter, but maybe they just did some creative editing with that picture; if he turns out to be secret, then the rest of what I have to say is pretty much null and void.

Should Lucas turn out to be a starter, though would Sakurai start releasing characters that are "secret"? After all, they're not exactly secret if you know they're there. On a sidenote, should he bother revealing Luigi or Jigglypuff, characters that most players take as a given for being there considering the history Smash has sort of established for itself?

I'd LIKE to see a new character revealed or a vet confirmed, but if Sakurai is trying to avoid spoiling what secrets Brawl will have to unlock there's always the chance that he just keeps the rest of the cast to himself and uses the time to flesh out on the Dojo everything else that will be available from the get-go, other than things related to Sonic and Snake.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai say somewhere that he'd be revealing all of the characters before the game's launch? Because, ya know, with the internet and everything, we'd know it all on the release day through a different source, and he'd rather just tell us himself.

I've heard that many times, so I'm going with us getting ALL characters, secret or not, before launch.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I think Sakurai will reveal the secret characters. I would really love a new Character this week. It's been a pretty lousy two weeks so far for updates.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
I think if we get any characters this week it'll be a veteran just for the fact that the last 3 characters that were shown were newcomers. But i definetly think we'll see a new character this week.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think we get a character tomorrow

All the other updates have been alright

I think it's time for a character

Captain Falcon

bored

Smash Ace
I say item. I have a feeling we wont be seeing a character for a long time.
*Rolls eyes*

It appears my predictions from the previous night were a bit off...

No worry, I am positively, 100% sure we will be seeing a newcomer tommorow...

Who that is.. Well I don't know..

MisfitFan

Smash Cadet
there is no chance in hell were getting a newcomer we arent even gonna get a character.
were just gonna get a crappy item or music i know it.

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
I think we get a character tomorrow

All the other updates have been alright

I think it's time for a character

Captain Falcon
I'm thinking that captain falcon will be put as a secret character like he was in smash64 therefore not being anounced via dojo
along with Ness, Luigi, and puff

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
OMG WIGZ ur from Omicron Persei 8 u no my homey lrrr?

I'm going to guess that it'll more than likely be an item or How to Play update tonight. Nothing we don't already know.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Popplers is PEOPLE! Popplers is PEOPLE!!!!

I revise my prediction, after looking at the site. I say How to Play or non-PC Character Update (Maybe hopefully Zelda's moveset kthxlolplz?)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
A bold guess there Smooth.
Still...it was nice to see someone guess anything that WASN'T Falcon. I swear, if I read that name again I'll start slitting throats. :flame:
Lol.

I've given up hope on Falcon, Blackadder. :( At this rate, I'll never see those perky nipples on a next gen console. It makes me sad.

Kind of.

But yeah. I'm going with my friend Wiseguy; I got a feeling that Sakurai is gonna pull a newcomer out of his *** tonight. If that's the case, well, I have a feeling it's gonna be Ridley. Just a hunch.

Smooth Criminal

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lol.

I've given up hope on Falcon, Blackadder. :( At this rate, I'll never see those perky nipples on a next gen console. It makes me sad.

Kind of.

But yeah. I'm going with my friend Wiseguy; I got a feeling that Sakurai is gonna pull a newcomer out of his *** tonight. If that's the case, well, I have a feeling it's gonna be Ridley. Just a hunch.

Smooth Criminal
Heh, I have given up on guessing alltogether.
Sakurai is to unpredictable.

I can't say I care much for Falcon, though I'm sure his nipples have reached new levels of horny-ness for Brawl! ;)

I'll be half-expecting Ridley tonight now. Now the idea is planted in my head, I may as well give it a little hope. Ridley for Brawl!

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Hmmm... so many unexpected updates this week. PictoChat, then Subspace, then another Game Modes based one that casually mentions videos. Unexpected as always. :p

OK, my guess goes to an Assist Trophy for tomorrow. It think it'll either be the one from Sin or Punishment (or whatever) or one either confirming or deconfirming Pictochat's icon being Touch! Generations. AKA, a Touch! Generations based AT.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
DK or Bowser's moveset for tonight. He has to save his character slots. So now probably only two new characters revealed per month.

Top Bottom