• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wouldn't it be cool though?

To have a mode where you can use your upgraded characters, maybe in a Special Brawl? Custom characters could be carried over via Wii-motes or Wi-Fi.

I know it's a false hope, but I think I'd still like to see that. It might be fun: "Who's got the best custom fighter?"

Blow the Tier List right out of the water.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Certainly a unique method of powering up.

Now, on to the "character deconfirmations" this update stirs up!

courte

Smash Lord
Quote Sakurai:
Nooo! What a waste of good stickers!

Finally, remember that stickers are only of use within The Subspace Emissary. Sorry to say, but they’ll be of no use to you in standard brawls.

man...oh no... ahhh...im so sad... really if what youko/panda said about jump super stars is true, implementing something like that would just be... hell

Someone would somehow get a hold of a SS69 Goku who merged[*****, literally forcefully f#cked, everyone] with everyone and pwn the game if such a thing were implemented. lol.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
"Finally, remember that stickers are only of use within The Subspace Emissary. Sorry to say, but they’ll be of no use to you in standard brawls."
- Sakurai
Notice Sakurai says "standard brawls". This leads me to believe their may be a mode in which you can use your "leveled up characters" in a special type of brawl match.....which would be awesome!!!
I for one loved this update....I mean for all the character's weekness's you can now make them have NONE. Bowser too slow? = give high speed stickers. Kirby too light? = give him harder to knockback and wieght stickers. Zelda's non-magic attacks weak? = give her boosts in melee attacks. Truly an awesome and totally new concept. With each update I want brawl more and more!!!

Deej

Smash Rookie
Bad news for Andy fans, though. Well, theres a sticker of him at least.

Actually, may a moon ago, didnt Sakurai mention there would be a way to power up your characters? If im not mistkaen, a whole load of people ummed and ahhed about what that meant. I think our questions have been answered.

Any other outstanding mysteries like this?

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
This update totally blew me out of the water. I didn't see it coming at all.

At least now we know what that "method of powering up" is, and I love it. Collecting is my favorite thing to do in any game, so I'm definitely going to be looking for these stickers.

And we were all so unsuspecting before... :laugh: Sakurai is really letting loose the bombshells in 2008.

Rawk Hawk [Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door] Awesomeness +20

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well this deconfirms Jimmy T and Balloon Fighter. Now they are just stickers. I'm only sayint this cuz Ive seen threads for these characters being playable.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so many characters de-confirmed today. Like Kirby. God, why do people keep saying trophies and stickers de-confirm anyone? All PCs get trophies, and we've seen plenty of PC stickers (Kirby, Ike, Wario).

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow's update is going to be something about way of playing
then next week we get two new characters announced (veterans /newcomers)
and between that week and the next one there is going to be a new video posted on the website not that long tho
also in between they are going to say the smash bros 1 stages that are coming back
I wonder why no one had notice that i had the right information abouts brawl's current update "Way of Playing" i said... SSE Stickers most likely it's under game modes but still is a way of playing brawl but whatever let's see two more weeks and you'll find out if my info was right or wrong but i'm no phropeth or loser trying to pretend to be one either tho...

just sharing my knowledge

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
CHARACTERS! GIVE ME A DOZEN CHARACTERS ALREADY! The new Luigi, Captain Falcon, the new Ganondorf, Marth, Jigglypuff, (Wind Waker) Young Link, Mewtwo, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, and so on. Any veteran, give me them first, and show how much each returning veteran has/will change. And tell me which veteran WON'T BE IN next week. Give me a few newcomers, but not shoe-ins. Give me a "WTF? character", like Balloon Fighter (aka Balloon PWNER, cuz' he rocks! :laugh:), Sukapon, or whatever. >_> Seriously though, give us some cool characters, and some mad awsome originality. The next week DEFINES BRAWL!

We go from knowing .0001% of the game to 5%. The other 95% we'll play through through all the years we play Brawl! :) So make next week one we can tell our (smash) children about for ages to come! :laugh: THE REVEALANCE OF MEGAMAN! :grin:

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
IS revealance a word? There are no time to ponder such questions... Okay I'll stop it. This game has made me HATE weekends.

I WANT TO SEE GENO. GENO FOR MONDAY! If Geno is in Brawl I'll buy 2 copies instead of 1 :p

Wrath`

Smash Master
IS revealance a word? There are no time to ponder such questions... Okay I'll stop it. This game has made me HATE weekends.

I WANT TO SEE GENO. GENO FOR MONDAY! If Geno is in Brawl I'll buy 2 copies instead of 1 :p
when Geno is an AT i shall laugh, i doubt he will make it.

dnishimura

Smash Rookie
I wonder why no one had notice that i had the right information abouts brawl's current update "Way of Playing" i said... SSE Stickers most likely it's under game modes but still is a way of playing brawl but whatever let's see two more weeks and you'll find out if my info was right or wrong but i'm no phropeth or loser trying to pretend to be one either tho...

just sharing my knowledge
You're just trying to promote yourself, "way of playing" means a LOT of things.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'm pretty sure that Geno will make it in as a PC, but he won't be updated until the game's release in Japan. Just like Isaac, he is not really a "hype creator".

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I don't care one way or the other about Geno. But that's probably because I've never played SMRPG. That needs to come out on VC. NOW.

A How To Play video would be great. I want to see the chars they pick for it- will it remain Mario and Bowser? or will they change it to Meta Knight and De De De?

Also, I don't think they'll update a vet next week- we're all out of starter vets from previous games.

Newcomer would be great, but I think Monday's will be either a special moves or an FS update.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon update on Monday...it might not be that...I'll just go with Zelda/Sheik Final Smash.

Dr. Death

Smash Rookie
Cpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon

on Monday please, sakurai

Grandeza

Smash Master
Cpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. FalconCpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon Cpt. Falcon

on Monday please, sakurai
seconded

10falcons

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Well this deconfirms Jimmy T and Balloon Fighter. Now they are just stickers. I'm only sayint this cuz Ive seen threads for these characters being playable.
By your logic, Kirby and Wario are discomfirmed also.

(wtf neither "deconfirm" or "disconfirm" are words..)

Kasek

Smash Ace
By your logic, Kirby and Wario are discomfirmed also.

(wtf neither "deconfirm" or "disconfirm" are words..)
Actually.....

Verb

to disconfirm (third-person singular simple present disconfirms, present participle disconfirming, simple past disconfirmed, past participle disconfirmed)

(transitive) To establish the falsity of a claim or belief; to show that a theory or hypothesis is not valid.

But, yeah, deconfirm's not a word. But it shall be soon enough.

Kasek

Smash Ace
... I'm a dumb***. I just refreshed the dojo a bunch, hoping for an update. :p
:laugh: Don't blame you, honestly. Due to weather conditions around here, this feels like a Sunday for me.

I had to take some medicine tonight, and they do NOT help with sleep. That's the only reason I'm up right now- I normally use the weekends to catch up on the sleep I lose waiting for the Dojo.

Top Bottom