• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I guess another red update. Best case scenario: Krystal!!! Middle case scenario: Zelda/Sheik's Final Smash. Worst case scenario: Zamus's Final Smash : (

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY do not expect any more character updates pertaining to new characters. I'm sure we have the starting roster by now. Why release secret characters, what good would that do?
I'm guessing they'll either show us some ATs to deconfirm tossup characters, or an item update.
I'm actually hoping for a nice orange update tonight. I've been really satisfied with them so far.

Hylian7

Smash Rookie
1/18/08 Predictions

First of all, it was quite funny how I called last nights update (Olimar & Pikmin Final Smash) well before update time. The Japanese commercial revealed yesterday showed his Final Smash and I was pretty sure it would be the update. As for tonight, I'm expecting something fairly big. It's been an interesting week in update land, with the delay, Famitsu's score of the game, and the move tables being added for all the characters.

Like mentioned by others, the Sonic stage is a definite possibility. I really am hoping it is Green Hill Zone and not Angel Island, but then again, I wouldn't really be complaining if it was Angel Island. Angel Island is definitely possible since we have the music, but that doesn't necessarily
confirm it as a stage because of the My Music feature.

Another possibility is Zelda's and Sheik's Final Smashes. We know they both have the same one, and it's called Light Arrow. There was even a picture of it in an issue of Famitsu. However, I don't think it's likely that we'll see that tonight. Sheik was just updated 2 days ago, and I have only seen Sakurai to repeat topics/franchises in updates once or twice. The only time I can name off the top of my head was the Ike update, and the next night Castle Siege was updated.

Since it's been an interesting week, there could also be a new Subspace Emissary video. Those videos are always full of surprises. One possibility though that is very likely is a big double update. I'm thinking something along the lines of one being big and one being small (Such as an AT or Pokemon). I really don't think Sakurai will be popping out any new characters before the U.S. or Japanese release dates. Olimar was just updated last week and the grids seem to be filled out. The only oddball is now in the Veteran grid Sheik has her own row. I don't think he'll be announcing anymore vets either because the only missing vets were unlockable in either of the past 2 games.

Those are my predictions tonight. I'm really betting on the double update containing one big one and one small one.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
First of all, it was quite funny how I called last nights update (Olimar & Pikmin Final Smash) well before update time. The Japanese commercial revealed yesterday showed his Final Smash and I was pretty sure it would be the update. As for tonight, I'm expecting something fairly big. It's been an interesting week in update land, with the delay, Famitsu's score of the game, and the move tables being added for all the characters.

Like mentioned by others, the Sonic stage is a definite possibility. I really am hoping it is Green Hill Zone and not Angel Island, but then again, I wouldn't really be complaining if it was Angel Island. Angel Island is definitely possible since we have the music, but that doesn't necessarily
confirm it as a stage because of the My Music feature.

Another possibility is Zelda's and Sheik's Final Smashes. We know they both have the same one, and it's called Light Arrow. There was even a picture of it in an issue of Famitsu. However, I don't think it's likely that we'll see that tonight. Sheik was just updated 2 days ago, and I have only seen Sakurai to repeat topics/franchises in updates once or twice. The only time I can name off the top of my head was the Ike update, and the next night Castle Siege was updated.

Since it's been an interesting week, there could also be a new Subspace Emissary video. Those videos are always full of surprises. One possibility though that is very likely is a big double update. I'm thinking something along the lines of one being big and one being small (Such as an AT or Pokemon). I really don't think Sakurai will be popping out any new characters before the U.S. or Japanese release dates. Olimar was just updated last week and the grids seem to be filled out. The only oddball is now in the Veteran grid Sheik has her own row. I don't think he'll be announcing anymore vets either because the only missing vets were unlockable in either of the past 2 games.

Those are my predictions tonight. I'm really betting on the double update containing one big one and one small one.
It's called Angel Hill Zone you tool. :laugh:

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
It's called Angel Hill Zone you tool. :laugh:
:laugh:

Sonic 1 = Green Hill Zone

Sonic 2 = Emerald Hill Zone

Sonic 3 = Angel Island Zone

Sonic & Knuckles = Mushroom Hill Zone

I'm surprised there isn't an Angel Hill Zone, only with tombstones and light.

Who knows, cuz that DS Sonic RPG's been given a title and it's "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood" or something like that. o.O

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Music updates tend to be coupled with something a bit on a larger scale. (The exception being christmas, with the music being bigger since we already knew sonics final smash :p)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Friday is often Subspace day, is it not?

Anyway, I have no reason to see patterns really, but what's an obsessive fan to do?

I say item/AT/Pokémon. Can't see stage/char/SSE/Mode even though I'd prefer that.

I need sleep now.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I have a slightest feeling that an SSE update will take place soon...we can't forget about that "Power-up".

Hmm tonight, well we got a bunch of "not so interesting updates", IMO anyways. For tonight I'll guess an Assist Trophy/Pokeball.

Suska

Smash Apprentice
I'm HOPING for a character(any of the characters below), but more realistically I think SSE or Zelda/Shiek's FS

Arteen

Smash Lord
I predict a double update.
Stage update: Venus Lighthouse.
Music update: Venus Lighthouse theme.

I can always hope. :)

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow's update is going to be something about way of playing
then next week we get two new characters announced (veterans /newcomers)
and between that week and the next one there is going to be a new video posted on the website not that long tho
also in between they are going to say the smash bros 1 stages that are coming back

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I don't think we'll get stages tonight, but if the new franchise isn't revealed before then, the next stage update ought to be either Sonic's or SSB1 stages.

Tonight, though? If this week is anything like last week, Zelda/Sheik specials.

If not? I am certainly hoping for either a new character or SSE info.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I doubt we'll get a character but if we do I'm hoping it'll be either Capt Falcon or Geno.
Or eggnog.

Obviously I'm hoping for a character.. As we all are.. but my best guess would be Sheik slash Zelda's final smash- the light arrow thing (I've actually been trying to imagine what it's gonna look like. Maybe it will be like Lucas', with arrows raining down, or maybe it will be like Snake's, and Zelda or Sheik can enter the first person view to fire away. Or maybe it will be one big jibungous arrow?)

Idunno, either way though, it's gonna be a piece of shet because Zelda always gets the shaft.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I just thought about something... but this might be void by the 31st...

anyway, if he updates like he did the other blog, the hidden characters are going to be known because he even gives how to unlock them. Just thought I'd mention that. lol.

Anyway, Light Arrows.

Top Bottom