• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Well, I would like a Kirby Boss Rush thing. That would be nice. But even if not. Oh well....

There is one thing I am hoping for now.

If there is a replay function that lets you pick whatever levels after you clear SSE. I hope it lets you choose to use whatever characters you want as well. As nice as it is fighting all these bosses. I really don't want to fight them with only certain characters. Need to have Peach beat down on Petey somehow.....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pretty cool update. I like it. ^_^
next Big update... New Years!

What could it be? I'd guess the final character, but who knows.
Can nobody get it through their head!
Sakurai don't give a **** about holidays!!
wow. Rayquaza's one huge dragon!.... wait... OMG!

RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!
If anything special, that should be confirmed New Years :p
Ridley for Brawl!!!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Well, I would like a Kirby Boss Rush thing. That would be nice. But even if not. Oh well....

There is one thing I am hoping for now.

If there is a replay function that lets you pick whatever levels after you clear SSE. I hope it lets you choose to use whatever characters you want as well. As nice as it is fighting all these bosses. I really don't want to fight them with only certain characters. Need to have Peach beat down on Petey somehow.....
I think it might be safe to deduce that from this:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea07.html

I mean it says you can select levels and assemble a team, but maybe you can only choose certain teams?

Falco for BRAWL

Smash Cadet
ooh, ooh, i discovered something. i looked at todays update, and the team update from a while ago, and i noticed that kirby was playing with two different teamates. Peach and Zelda, so after you save either peach or zelda from petey, you play with either one and kirby. yay!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Whenever they say - a little luck is involved it means that trophy stands are SUPER RARE and everyone will be doing Boss speed runs over and over again in mind-numbing succession a la diablo 2.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
ooh, ooh, i discovered something. i looked at todays update, and the team update from a while ago, and i noticed that kirby was playing with two different teamates. Peach and Zelda, so after you save either peach or zelda from petey, you play with either one and kirby. yay!
Sorry, but that information is OLD.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I used to be skeptical about Ridley, but hey, If Rayquaza is in, I can totally see him as a boss.

I wonder, though, If you are by yourself, would it be harder to capture monsters since you have to first apply the beat down, and then run back to snag that trophy stand. Also, I wonder if you get it back if you don't weaken the monster enough, or maybe it breaks.

Also, if you look at the first picture in the update about the Big Primid, it says that the Primids have Smash attacks...Smash Attacks?! *hint hint* *wink wink*

Who knows...maybe.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
I think it might be safe to deduce that from this:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea07.html

I mean it says you can select levels and assemble a team, but maybe you can only choose certain teams?
That was implied by another forum goer. The update just says that there is a map, not that it's used to select stages. For all anybody knows, it's simply there to show the progress of your journey. Like in Revenge of Metaknight. Also, if it is a level selection map. it appears that there is no selectable location for the original arena where you fought petey. Which makes sense since it was blown up. So its probably not there for replaying old missions, but to create more branching decisions for the player, like should I take the route that leads towards the forests or to the mountains? So all in all. No. I won't say its safe to deduce that.

So, like I said before. Here's to hoping that after you clear the game you can play against old bosses with any character you want.

While writing this, it occured to me that one of the ways to do this would be through the event mode. Like how Gigabowser and the hands have their own events in melee.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Whenever they say - a little luck is involved it means that trophy stands are SUPER RARE and everyone will be doing Boss speed runs over and over again in mind-numbing succession a la diablo 2.
I doubt they'll be THAT rare. We saw them tumbling in the background of SSE E 4 All vids on (I think) more than one occasion. Definitely a collector's dream/nightmare though.

Sprint

Smash Cadet
I doubt they'll be THAT rare. We saw them tumbling in the background of SSE E 4 All vids on (I think) more than one occasion. Definitely a collector's dream/nightmare though.
Yea, but usually demos have a more chance of it so people can see them...

...double post soz...

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
While writing this, it occured to me that one of the ways to do this would be through the event mode. Like how Gigabowser and the hands have their own events in melee.
If this does happen then it will be done through team events using the same teams from SSE.

Oh and another SSE update that wasnt known from E4All... naw jk.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yea, but usually demos have a more chance of it so people can see them...

...double post soz...
How do you know? No one knew what does items did so making more appear would be pointless. And considering how many enemies there will be why wouldn't there be more?

RDK

Smash Hero
I hope tonight's update will be better than today's. It's starting to look like we'll never get a character update.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I'm starting to believe what Bassoonist said; that December is a filler month. Wouldn't be surprised.

Ah, well, I'll just wait for January for the good updates to roll in.

Top Bottom