• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
YOU MUST...TURN ON THE WII!

If monday really was the original Japanese release date, then I'm hoping for something good, even if we didn't get anything for various holidays/peoples' birthdays. The return of Event Matches, a stage...I'm hesitant to say it, but perhaps a character?

I'm saying no to a Final Smash, though, seeing as we got one on both monday and friday this of week.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
Because the Wii is still bought by a bigger group of people and it's much cheaper. Yea, the Wii sold more, but the 360 is a much better system. Put them side by side and compare. The 360 is for more competitive players and people that like playing multiplayer and having fun while playing. The Wii is for people that want to play the franchises they grew up with and want to try out Wii sports.

I know I'll get the arguments that the Wii is smaller and it has a Wiimmote that serves the function of shaking in a game that performs the same action that could be used by just pressing a button on a different controller
twilight princess/ halo 3
a character who has a name/ 113
an array of kick but weapons you can carry all at once/one gun at a time
wolf link and link as playables with big diffs/ all the same

must i continue?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Uhh...

Hm, what do I hope is released.

Zeldas final smash. Why is a Veterans final smash unrevealed anyways? Also, no offense to peach users, but peaches final smash was just saddening. I hope Zeldas doesn't sadden me as well.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Uhh...

Hm, what do I hope is released.

Zeldas final smash. Why is a Veterans final smash unrevealed anyways? Also, no offense to peach users, but peaches final smash was just saddening. I hope Zeldas doesn't sadden me as well.
Zelda's Final Smash might be Sheik. Or that could be her B-Down.

Whatever the reason, Zelda hasn't gotten one update since she appeared.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
twilight princess/ halo 3
a character who has a name/ 113
an array of kick but weapons you can carry all at once/one gun at a time
wolf link and link as playables with big diffs/ all the same

must i continue?

Wow, sir,you truly are not inteligent at all.

THAT'S what you brought up as a comparison in 360 vs Wii hardware? You think because Link carries multiple weapons that it makes the Wii more pwerful than the 360?!

This is what I meant:

Processor Type:
Wii: 729 MHz IBM Broadway processor with 5 execution units
360: 3.2 GHz PowerPC with 3 dual-threaded processor cores

Graphics Clock Speed:
Wii: 243 mhz
360: 500 mhz

Video RAM:
Wii: 24 MB system RAM w/3 MB eDRAM
360: Up to 512 MB GDDR3 system RAM (700 MHz) plus 10 MB embedded DRAM (eDRAM) frame buffer

Video Memory Bandwidth:
Wii: 3.9 GBps
360: 21.6 GBps to system RAM; 256 GBps to eDRAM

Those are just a few numbers. 360's WORST HD resolution is even better than Wii's BEST possible resoulution of 480p.
360 has 20GB Hardrive and the Wii has a 512MB.
Wii as no Didital SOund Output.
Wii has 1/8th the sytem RAM of 360.
360 beats Wii in every possible way of storage, every video category, every memory category, graphics processor and microprocessor.
360 has 12x the memory bandwidth of Wii.
etc, etc, etc

IN FACT, THE 360 BEATS THE WII IN EVERY SINGLE HARDWARE COMPARISON, EXCEPT THE FACT THAT WII HAS WI-FI OUT OF THE BOX. THE 360 DOESN'T JUST BEAT WII IN EACH CATEGORY, IT MULTIPLIES IT BY DOUBLE DIGITS USUALLY.

The point is, the Wii is pathetic for the year 2006 release. It barely can match the original XBox released in 2001.

It's foolish to compare that the Wii is more powerful than the 360 because Link carries more weapons than Master Chief.

Obviously, we are all Nintendo fans, but no man here can deny the fact that the 360 is a better system than the Wii. We all have our opinions on what games are better with Oblivion, Gears, Halo, Zelda, Mario, etc, but the two systems and their online capabilities are no contest.

If you'd like to continue this debate, I suggest via PM, as this is not exactly the proper place for it.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
IN FACT, THE 360 BEATS THE WII IN EVERY SINGLE HARDWARE COMPARISON, EXCEPT THE FACT THAT WII HAS WI-FI OUT OF THE BOX. THE 360 DOESN'T JUST BEAT WII IN EACH CATEGORY, IT MULTIPLIES IT BY DOUBLE DIGITS USUALLY.

The point is, the Wii is pathetic for the year 2006 release. It barely can match the original XBox released in 2001.
You missed the fact that the Wii has motion sensor remotes for controllers. True, the 360 definitely beats the Wii in every hardware aspect; however, Nintendo has the major advantage over Microsoft of having loads of series and characters to make more games out of. Microsoft has Halo and many third party games to its name, but Nintendo has history, and right now that's just something that Microsoft cannot beat. Plus, in this generation, the Wiimotes attract many people just so they can swing a sword/lightsaber, shoot a gun, unscrew a lightbulb, or punch something just by moving. Nintendo just has Microsoft beat as far as creativity goes hands down.

If you'd like to continue this debate, I suggest via PM, as this is not exactly the proper place for it.
Proper place, shmoper place. Have you ever glanced at Wiseguy's thread? That one is hardly ever on topic, and people hold huge debates over things as pointless to Smash as this one.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You missed the fact that the Wii has motion sensor remotes for controllers. True, the 360 definitely beats the Wii in every hardware aspect; however, Nintendo has the major advantage over Microsoft of having loads of series and characters to make more games out of. Microsoft has Halo and many third party games to its name, but Nintendo has history, and right now that's just something that Microsoft cannot beat. Plus, in this generation, the Wiimotes attract many people just so they can swing a sword/lightsaber, shoot a gun, unscrew a lightbulb, or punch something just by moving. Nintendo just has Microsoft beat as far as creativity goes hands down.
Agreed on the franchises.

Your example of the Wiimote proves my argument that Wii is for more casual players. 360 is for more hardcaore gamers and has depth in it's games and online play.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Wow, sir,you truly are not inteligent at all.

THAT'S what you brought up as a comparison in 360 vs Wii hardware? You think because Link carries multiple weapons that it makes the Wii more pwerful than the 360?!

This is what I meant:

Processor Type:
Wii: 729 MHz IBM Broadway processor with 5 execution units
360: 3.2 GHz PowerPC with 3 dual-threaded processor cores

Graphics Clock Speed:
Wii: 243 mhz
360: 500 mhz

Video RAM:
Wii: 24 MB system RAM w/3 MB eDRAM
360: Up to 512 MB GDDR3 system RAM (700 MHz) plus 10 MB embedded DRAM (eDRAM) frame buffer

Video Memory Bandwidth:
Wii: 3.9 GBps
360: 21.6 GBps to system RAM; 256 GBps to eDRAM

Those are just a few numbers. 360's WORST HD resolution is even better than Wii's BEST possible resoulution of 480p.
360 has 20GB Hardrive and the Wii has a 512MB.
Wii as no Didital SOund Output.
Wii has 1/8th the sytem RAM of 360.
360 beats Wii in every possible way of storage, every video category, every memory category, graphics processor and microprocessor.
360 has 12x the memory bandwidth of Wii.
etc, etc, etc

It's foolish to compare that the Wii is more powerful than the 360 because Link carries more weapons than Master Chief.

Obviously, we are all Nintendo fans, but no man here can deny the fact that the 360 is a better system than the Wii. We all have our opinions on what games are better with Oblivion, Gears, Halo, Zelda, Mario, etc, but the two systems and their online capabilities are no contest.

Yayyy... You win, sir. I own both consoles. They're both great, in my opinion :p

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I hope we get a nice Veteran's Final Smash. Preferable Zelda but then again we did have a FS on Friday.

So maybe on Tuesday. Well then Monday will be a Stage and a Pokeball. :)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I hope we get a nice Veteran's Final Smash. Preferable Zelda but then again we did have a FS on Friday.

So maybe on Tuesday. Well then Monday will be a Stage and a Pokeball. :)
Sir, the only Vet FS we have left to reveal IS Zelda. lol. Hopefully we'll get it soon. I'm dying to see that androgynous ninja in action!

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
I've been on this site less than usual lately

so to mark my return

the same prediction that will not come true:

newcomer Taizo Hori
better known as “that guy from Dig Dug”

Taizo Hori special moves

side b Fygar
he pulls out a fygar, then a moment later (think the time before bacon is thrown with G&W neutral b) a burst of flame pops out (the knock back resembles the bair of G&W, the turtle)

neutral b dirt toss
swings his shovel into ground which throws dirt forward
can be used in air but it just swings shovel for dmg and knock back
if used in air and lands mid swing dirt will be thrown still but the less of the swing is done on the ground the less dirt thrown

up b
there is a short moment of startup lag (think fox/falco side b) then he shoots his pump out in the direction you choose
for how this is controlled think of fox/falco up b
it can be used for Tether Recovery

down b burrow
he digs down into the ground then you can move him around underground (you can see where he is via diglet style dirt thing)
he is impervious to attacks while underground you can jump out or a jump attack thing out of the ground,
both have lag but the non-attacking jump has significantly less lag.
after an allotted amount of time he climbs out (this has about the same amount of lag as the non-attacking jump)

you all know this would be awesome

what would also be swell
Mr. Game and Watch confirmed

cjimenez4

Smash Rookie
my friend made a interesting observation. cause lucas has PK storm(which isnt his move then agian none of his moves are originaly his) he said that they might release lucas's brother and let his final smash be PK love. interesting

any how im predicting a charicter. they have had some horrible updates lately. i think they have just rushed through a few of the updates to make time to make something big. a charicter mabey? well thats my prediction.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
my friend made a interesting observation. cause lucas has PK storm(which isnt his move then agian none of his moves are originaly his) he said that they might release lucas's brother and let his final smash be PK love. interesting

any how im predicting a charicter. they have had some horrible updates lately. i think they have just rushed through a few of the updates to make time to make something big. a charicter mabey? well thats my prediction.

I don't know much about Earthbound, so Ima ask you who is Lucas's brother? Can you post a pic?

clockwerkz

Smash Rookie
tonight, stage...
Guarenteed, when he decides to show us zelda's special moves it will be everything BUT her down b

Top Bottom