• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Maybe that person was right about characters being revealed only every 2 weeks from now on. Sadly that could mean fewer characters than I think we deserve. But then again maybe not.

there is a character update every week, always has been, but it isnt always a newcomer or veteran. character updates are anything listed in the character category of the dojo. final smashes, special moves, etc. are character updates. they are given weekly.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
well we learned 3 new intros if I'm not mistaken...
Two, unless the majority of SWF was still convincing themselves that Snake's wasn't the camo.

Mario and Fox were obviously in SSB64. Pit and Ike were seen in demo footage. Snake was shown in his "Joins the Brawl!" footage. So we got Ice Climbers and Lucas.

Looking back on it, I'm glad Lucas doesn't have the teleport crash. More reason for Ness to come back.

^ finding the silver lining in a boring update ftw.

Though on another note, Lucas is going to be so incredibly bogus, lame and obscure if they don't bring Mother 3 outside of Japan...

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I normally always defend Sakurai for being nice (paid?) enough to do the daily updates, when most games dont. But...if it says update it should be an update. This wasnt an update. Sakurai updated this by giving the demo to e for all.
well at least it wasn't a tether recovery update or pokeball...

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
That's it??? That's the freakin update? I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be a character, that's gotta be coming next week, but I hoped it'd be SOMETHING worth checking out. Seriously, the Friday updates IMO should always be the best ones. They should at least spark the most debate, have hints towards other things to expect and discuss, give you so many ways to think about how it will affect the game, or just the obvious choice... an awesome character update.

Are we really gonna spend our weekend talking about all the awesome entrances that we can't wait to watch literally thousands of times? It's one thing to say we shouldn't complain about crappy or insignificant updates because they are to be expected, but it's another to say that you can't complain about the last update of the week completely lacking in discussion and/or excitement value.

Boofer

Smash Ace
there is a character update every week, always has been, but it isnt always a newcomer or veteran. character updates are anything listed in the character category of the dojo. final smashes, special moves, etc. are character updates. they are given weekly.
Yeah, I know that now. What bugs me is the fact that we had just as many characters as there were weeks since the dojo started until recently. Now it is 25 weeks (soon to be 26), 23 characters. I thought the character per week theory was pretty valid. Maybe he's running low on characters.

Edit: and also, maybe you should have said we get at least one char. update a week. We've gotten more than 1 quite a few times.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
well at least it wasn't a tether recovery update or pokeball...
Usually, I'd hate some sort of obvious technique or an item update like Pokeballs, but this "update" just pisses me off.

It's even in How to Play. Good gosh. How to Play? You don't press any buttons to have an intro! GREAT JOB TELLING US SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO SAKURAI.

It's comparable to say, "How to Play: Don't Turn the System Off While Saving!" Seriously. How lame.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Usually, I'd hate some sort of obvious technique or an item update like Pokeballs, but this "update" just pisses me off.

It's even in How to Play. Good gosh. How to Play? You don't press any buttons to have an intro! GREAT JOB TELLING US SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO SAKURAI.

It's comparable to say, "How to Play: Don't Turn the System Off While Saving!" Seriously. How lame.
Heh, how about "how to watch the 'how to play' tutorial"

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Or even, "How to Play: Purchasing the Brawl!" with a store-listing.

Actually, thinking about it, there's something positive to think about in tonight's update. It gives more source material to make it easy to make fun of.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm not really sure why it's not a Game Mode update myself. That doesn't make sense either, but it makes more sense than How to Play.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Spoiled brats. If we didn't know that entrances were back via the demo, the majority of you would be saying "awesome, entrances rock!" Instead, you're whining because you're in the minority (I'm there with ya) that consumes every little video that's released. I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people interested in Smash that check the Dojo... just check the Dojo (and maybe a gaming website or two). It's new info to them.

Also, he included the entrances of a few characters we didn't know - Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Snake (though we more or less figured out Snake's, it's just confirmation).

Conclusion: Cry moar.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people interested in Smash that check the Dojo... just check the Dojo (and maybe a gaming website or two). It's new info to them.
Character entrances were a pretty in-demand thing and popularly requested thing. I'm pretty sure even if people didn't absorb every video available, they would've heard just through word-of-mouth.

Last night's (Meta Knight's Final Smash) I can understand, as there's only.. what, two? videos of it being performed from E for All.

But something like entrances, these were about as well-known as having three unique taunts, even to people who don't troll smashbros.com or these very forums every night.

Now, part of me isn't necessarily upset at the update itself, but like someone else said, this update lacks discussion fuel. What the hell are we going to talk about all weekend?

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Lol.

Eh, Seriously, Sakkurai thinks we dont have internet and we dont go to some-random-video-hoster to see BRawl videos. We arent Stupid enough. We will see the videos of E for All, even if whatsherface keeps yelling 'Press one !!11one1'

But yeah, Mr. Mashahiro thinks we are 8 year olds that we only use the Dojo to get info.

On something totally unrelated, Mother 3 is very fun, try getting your Roms and emulators, Its something you cant lose.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
On something totally unrelated, Mother 3 is very fun, try getting your Roms and emulators, Its something you cant lose.
I tried to, but I wound up steering away, as I'm afraid once I get too deep into the game I won't know what on earth is going on (edit: lolpun). Most FAQs are incredibly vague and I'd rather wait for a release so I can absorb all of the storyline myself.

hearing it from word of mouth is different from actually seeing pics of the entrance.
If someone heard about the entrances and really wanted to see them, they would've looked up videos. I just can't picture someone saying "thank god for this update so I can finally see them for myself, as there was no other way to see them at all!". Unless they're on dial-up.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
I tried to, but I wound up steering away, as I'm afraid once I get too deep into the game I won't know what on earth is going on (edit: lolpun). Most FAQs are incredibly vague and I'd rather wait for a release so I can absorb all of the storyline myself.
Its a good thing that fans are dedicated to their work and will translate it, because nintendo doesn't has any plans on Translating it. But I really hopet Nintendo translate Mother 1, 2 and 3 in a DS catridge, they owe us, they dont want that we play with the Mother games, even if it is a total sucess in Japan.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Its a good thing that fans are dedicated to their work and will translate it, because nintendo doesn't has any plans on Translating it. But I really hopet Nintendo translate Mother 1, 2 and 3 in a DS catridge, they owe us, they dont want that we play with the Mother games, even if it is a total sucess in Japan.
I'm dying to play Mother 3, because it just looks like a fun and enjoyable game.

Even though I completely and entirely hate Lucas.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
I'm dying to play Mother 3, because it just looks like a fun and enjoyable game.

Even though I completely and entirely hate Lucas.
Quite odd, if you ask me.

PEople, at least Sakurai is compasionate enough to give us a site with Daily Updates ! What Halo 3 had ? Do you imagine what Zelda fans suffered With TP constant Delays ? What those Mother 3 Fans had to resist for 12 FREAKING YEARS ?

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Hey, there will be more/better updates, and have there not been some great ones to date? Calm down folks. I'm very happy with character intros returning, and it was obviously worth mentioning to Sakurai. Not every update can be "ZOMG" worthy.

There has to be some "downs" to make the "highs" that much better, no? :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^^^ He could reveal 5 characters in the last week and bamboozle us all.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Well we got 2 characters in one week before, PT and Peach, so it can happen.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm going to say 35-37... somewhere around there. 40 would be great, but with the amount of stuff in Brawl already, I think that could be pushing it.

And "Here! Here!" for two new characters next week!
I'm hoping that the development team was so crazy that they went without food, sleep and other so called luxuries in order to invest as much time as they could into stuffing as many things as they could into the game. And then they gave them two extra months to work on it. WOW JI LE!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Okay

i was finally right................. some what

oh well

monday ............... mmm.............item

or music

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Man am I glad I didn't stay up for THIS update.

Just for that I'm gonna say no way. Sakurai can NOT be predicted using logic that's actually logical. Sakurai takes logic and makes it illogical. Ergo he mindgames all of us by making us think he has a pattern and then he's like, "lol mindgamed. kthxbai noob" and shows us that we must recover.

Quit life, Sakurai patterns.
I said that on Wednesday night when everyone was saying that First of the month and 100 updates until Brawl meant Falcon or Luigi. Looks like I was right. Two filler updates. Sakurai, especially today, really did mindgame everyone and make an update equivalent to "You Must Recover!"

Now for Monday I'll say an AT. We haven't had one for a long time. The week will start anti-climactically.

Top Bottom