• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
irish, you probly have a better chance beating pablo when he's NOT playing low-tier.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
Yo,

This is ChibiT89, i finally got a wii and the game so i'm interested in learning. I've met PoPimpus and Vegafuse so if you guys dont mind, showing me the basics in person whenever ya'll have the chance.

Look forward to learning some Smash. I'm also pretty big in street fighter, guilty gear scene so if any of ya'll are interested we should host a duel thing to raise video game awareness.

We typically play at OU, in the felgar building now. thanks!

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Wow, maybe if we could peek into the SF and GG scene at OU,
We could get them interested into smash

In other news, I picked up Pichu yesterday...
Why does he own SO much?!?!?!

And I tried out Peach and 3 stocked sabaku
Peach is TOO GOOD!!!

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
i went to the mcdonalds thing today but they said registration was already closed. I'm mad. discuss.

i think i saw pays there, i saw someone using his tag at least

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
i went to the mcdonalds thing today but they said registration was already closed. I'm mad. discuss.

i think i saw pays there, i saw someone using his tag at least
That sucks. But yeah, Babac was apparently going, so it would be to no surprise if Pay$ went as well. Personally, I'm counting on Coty to win that one so I won't have to play him in either of the next two and thus have a better shot at winning <___<

Hmm, as a matter of fact, I think I see Coty playing right now on the live feed. Lawlz.

No, nevermind, it was just some random kid.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
pablo, main samus. played well she can be one of the most annoying characters.
Lol, remember that one time I picked Samus and I had you coaching me? It was hilarious that everthing you told me to do worked, and I didn't lose a single round.

alright first off....its THE IRISH DUDE* pablo...lol not some irish guy...that just sounds lame...as for your bowser...FU lol u sandbag to hell!!! lol j/k but ya sure ill take on any of your characters cuz for once i wanna play u seriously not counting your jigs cuz it sucks....as f or po's idea.....i dig it lol course...i am a poor irishmen...:(
irish, you probly have a better chance beating pablo when he's NOT playing low-tier.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWgyJI52VaA

Kudos to Heath, great contender for OK's top.

Yo,

This is ChibiT89, i finally got a wii and the game so i'm interested in learning. I've met PoPimpus and Vegafuse so if you guys dont mind, showing me the basics in person whenever ya'll have the chance.

Look forward to learning some Smash. I'm also pretty big in street fighter, guilty gear scene so if any of ya'll are interested we should host a duel thing to raise video game awareness.

Hey man, good to see you here. I was really anticipating that one get-together over at Felgars, but as luck would have it, I couldn't get a ride over there. Right now, I'm really thinking about picking up KoF2k2. That shiz is hawt, can't do a BC combo for crap, but it's **** fun. Though, I'm still going strong with SF, I just didn't have any way to practice it for a while now...

We really need to collaborate on a multi-fighting game tournament. Brandon and I will discuss this with you whenever we meet up at Felgars next time. Anyways, glad to see you getting into SSBM, I'll pm you some reference links later.

Edit: Ack, Crackboom, that's really a shame man. Luckily there's still two more Saturday's to go, hope you make it.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
speaking of the next two, the registration girl said the next one would be in mustang. Anyone know where and when and all of that? That website has absolutely no info on it. The page omega linked just has column headers.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Lol, remember that one time I picked Samus and I had you coaching me? It was hilarious that everthing you told me to do worked, and I didn't lose a single round.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWgyJI52VaA

Kudos to Heath, great contender for OK's top.

Hey man, good to see you here. I was really anticipating that one get-together over at Felgars, but as luck would have it, I couldn't get a ride over there. Right now, I'm really thinking about picking up KoF2k2. That shiz is hawt, can't do a BC combo for crap, but it's **** fun. Though, I'm still going strong with SF, I just didn't have any way to practice it for a while now...

We really need to collaborate on a multi-fighting game tournament. Brandon and I will discuss this with you whenever we meet up at Felgars next time. Anyways, glad to see you getting into SSBM, I'll pm you some reference links later.

Edit: Ack, Crackboom, that's really a shame man. Luckily there's still two more Saturday's to go, hope you make it.
wow you know a guy named felgar? thats pretty cool. anyway, can i get in next time you decide to play 3S?

and yeah, samus is the ****.

-edit- i just realized how ******** i am...felgar is the building and not a dude....anyway, i still want in

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
Right now, I'm really thinking about picking up KoF2k2. That shiz is hawt, can't do a BC combo for crap, but it's **** fun. Though, I'm still going strong with SF, I just didn't have any way to practice it for a while now...
We have to play together or something. I want to get owned horribly at 3s and 2k2.

Do you play Mark of the Wolves?

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Yo,

...I'm also pretty big in street fighter, guilty gear scene so if any of ya'll are interested we should host a duel thing to raise video game awareness.

Awesome, add me on for some of that action. I play both 3S and GG. Though I've chosen pretty work-intensive characters on both so I'm still learning.

Right now, I'm really thinking about picking up KoF2k2. That shiz is hawt, can't do a BC combo for crap, but it's **** fun. Though, I'm still going strong with SF, I just didn't have any way to practice it for a while now...
I'd like to learn that one too :laugh:. So many new ones.

Are most of the gatherings at OU planned on SRK? Where can I get the info on that stuff?

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
Well, that tourny was fun, plus I won a free battery charger. woots! I saw Babac, Pay$, Coty, Chris, and Scud there. Too bad I didn't get to play any of 'em. I had a good time either way, and maybe I'll get to go to another one, just maybe.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Hey, sorry I haven't been here lately. what did i miss out on other than the fact i may have been talked about how terrible i was against alex (i think that was his name) =/. I would have came in contact with some of you all earlier but I was too busy w/ school and now summer school. I am in the tulsa/broken arrow area so if anybody would like to play I would love to when I am not bogged down in summer school work.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
speaking of the next two, the registration girl said the next one would be in mustang. Anyone know where and when and all of that? That website has absolutely no info on it. The page omega linked just has column headers.
I'd figure they'll put it back up sometime later today. I've copied the addresses just in case though:

June 23: 4 Mustang Road, Yukon, OK 73099
June 30: 9000 SE 29th, Oklahoma City, OK 73130

They're all 6pm to midnight.

Gravity: Sure, everyone's invited.

T-Rex: Haha, I'm not really that good in either, though I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeve in 3S :chuckle: I also happen to have G:MOTW, played it only twice though, looks very promising (reminds me of 3S for some reason, except with SNK characters).

Plasman:
For the latest announcements, check the OK thread in SRK... Or you can just contact Chibit89, he's usually in the know of things, simply because he organizes many of these.

Keroku:
Lol, too bad we don't get to see you around much. Do you have any idea who won? And the runner-up?

frenli-phyre
: Ah, dude, long time no see. Have you been keeping tabs on those monthly tournaments "X_A" hosts? There's a couple Tulsa players, even the ones that use advance techniques. Sadly, they aren't very active, just try searching around OKgamers.com since the majority of them post there...

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
whoa man
that tournament was awesome today!!! even tho i suck and i didnt place
but anyways, say goodbye to little chuckles {even tho i didnt rly use
this handle for anything} and hello to TACO.. haha
im seriously going to practice nonstop for the next tournament
babac, plz dont pull anything like paemon and insult my characters
but say its okay by adding "no offense"

Gravity

Smash Ace
Taco? how ironic. Kuni is half mexican.

anyway hopefully i can make next weeks tourny...chances are i will work so bleh...

i can PROBABLY make the one on the 30th though.

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
this has NOTHING to do with Kuni
and you know what, LMC got mad at all these stupid little kuni comments, but TACO is going to start ignoring them because they are ghey anyways
its getting a little old =_= arent they

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I have been to one ok gamers tourney and i must say i wasn't impressed. i hope to get better competition the next time another one comes around.

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
T-Rex: Haha, I'm not really that good in either, though I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeve in 3S I also happen to have G:MOTW, played it only twice though, looks very promising (reminds me of 3S for some reason, except with SNK characters).
Better than me; the only person I've been able to play at 3s is Gravity so we're both at absolute beginner level, and I'm horrible at any KoF :)

MotW is awesome though; it is a lot like 3s in that there's an almost completely new roster... it's probably my favorite fighting game (but I suck at it... the other day I played Bluehaze from SRK on MAME and got owned so bad :p).

Look at me, I start posting again and it's not about Smash at all, woo offtopic.

stop making fun of kuni u racist
But he is half Mexican.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
stop making fun of kuni u racist
lol Kuni and racist in the same sentence...
Wow it happened again!
He's also japanese, which is a strange combo of races, IMO anyways...

All this talk about food and Kuni, I could really go for some pancakes.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
that is exactly what i thought as i read her post. Then again, maybe she might have the hots for pablo or alex now.
yeah, def.
especially since she's never seen me or talked to me >.>

pablo is understandable though. i mean, he's got schmucles! ladykiller. :p

man, i need to play smash with some people...someone invite themself over to my old house and bring a cube this week.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the peach that just downsmashed lives in norman...i think brett gave him his number so we'll see how good he is sometime :p
brett was telling me about the suckiness of the lcd screens. i don't doubt. it's too bad i couldn't show, i didn't get back into norman until 7:30ish.

anyway, like i said, people should smash with me. brett and i need teams practice, so 2 people should come >.>

Gravity

Smash Ace
its not in fact Chris. it was apparently someone who literally only spot dodged and down smashed.

ALSO, stating someones race is not racism, believe it or not. Just like stating "bombs exist" doesn't make you a suicide bomber. unless you're at an airport.

yeah, def.
especially since she's never seen me or talked to me >.>

man, i need to play smash with some people...someone invite themself over to my old house and bring a cube this week.
Man, inside jokes are the best. Anyway, i may do just that, depends on my work schedule and if anyone will carpool and help me get down there monetarily. actually i might do it regardless of the latter...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Man, inside jokes are the best. Anyway, i may do just that, depends on my work schedule and if anyone will carpool and help me get down there monetarily. actually i might do it regardless of the latter...
Oooo I willlll. Srsly, I can help fund your trip to Norman if you take me along. Cause I wanna go.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Ha! With Coty and Chris out of the picture, next one is aallll mine! Mwahahahahaha!

I have been to one ok gamers tourney and i must say i wasn't impressed. i hope to get better competition the next time another one comes around.
Yeah, not a lot of good competition in Tulsa. I remember there was a somewhat seasoned player named "undeadpenguin", maybe you can try to pm him about those Funhouse monthlies. There are more, can't remember their names at the moment...

Ah, and tdizzle. Just search "Tulsa" and click on "show posts".
Better than me; the only person I've been able to play at 3s is Gravity so we're both at absolute beginner level, and I'm horrible at any KoF :)

MotW is awesome though; it is a lot like 3s in that there's an almost completely new roster... it's probably my favorite fighting game (but I suck at it... the other day I played Bluehaze from SRK on MAME and got owned so bad :p).
Yeah, those SRKers definitely know their stuff. I only got the basics down, so you and Andy shouldn't be too far away skill-wise. I guess I'll bring my DC at the next smashfest, unless someone here has it on PS2. Sadly, I don't play on MAME :(

If you're still accepting self-inviters, I'm down to game. You have a specific date in mind?

Schmucle jokes are too good!
If you don't mind driving into the barrio, is it cool if I hitch a ride with you guys? I can chip in $5, not much, since for the rest of the summer I'll have to budget my money like crazy.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, i may do just that, depends on my work schedule and if anyone will carpool and help me get down there monetarily. actually i might do it regardless of the latter...
I can pitch in some moneh!
But for my donation I require one of the seats in your car...
Not for use to ride in to Norman, but for you to cut out of your car and drop it off at my house :p
lol

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
edmond kids+pablo would be cool.
and the date is...whenever andy can do something, since he's driving. i'm free whenever. just plan at least 24 hours in advance. kthx.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
dude...seriously....is GTs cheaP that good? cuz...uh...cmon dude its GT we're tlkin bout...
What the hell did you just say, all I understood was
"Come on dude, it's Gt we're talking about..."
Which I assume is a shot at my skizills.
You gotta admit Josh, if it weren't for your mastery of wobbles, we would be evenly matched...

I'll guess the rest,
I'm not cheap as much as I'm poor, there's a difference...
OR
I'm not cheap, I do what must be done to win
IF I win...

On a side note, Does anyone have Xbox Live?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
You guys that are going to Alex's this week, if it's on Monday or Wednesday, Po can go-- However, since Po's car died, he needs a ride and such. Po has money for the fuel, and the almighty "Shadow Pimp Style", so its all good in da hood.

Somebody PM me or catch me on AIM if you're down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom