• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
you're all safe since i'm not going.
Oh pu-lease, you couldn't duel your way out of a paper bag.

Wait... wrong game... nevermind <_<

Anyway, my only hope is that whoever wins is up to the challenge that we'll face in Dallas.

Anyway, Irish Dude and Chubbs, I'm going to bring my old Yu-Gi-Oh! deck. Half the cards in it are banned now, but whatever.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
pokemon original, jungle, fossil, team rocket, and trainer series 1 and 2 cards are the only trading cards i have. that's every set that only includes the first 151. if anyone wants to play me in oldschool pokemon TCG rules, let's go.

also, zinth, every game i am playing i am sort of sucking at. and by that i mean, i'm installing AvP2 right now so i can be good at a shooter since i suck at counter-strike! (plus, everyone on counter-strike is a **** *******. they are ********, and take the games way to seriously, even in public channels that have endless scores. wtf?) i also need to get the new rainbow six. that game is my favorite realistic shooter.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sweet zinth sounds good...btw did anyone hear sid tell the dude i lost to how to beat me...not cool chubbs not cool

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
The peach dude that beat me...you play like a *****. My bad for not giving you a handshake, on my defense...you played like a *****.

Gravity

Smash Ace
HOLY ****ING **** THE MATCH BETWEEN ME AND PABLO WAS SO CLOSE......but then i killed myself.

coolest part of the match: im at 140%. its yoshis story. he dairs me with falcon. i go flying towards my doom...but! i meteor cancel it. holy **** was that awesome.

but srsly, its one of the closes matches ive ever seen. he won once, i won once, last match, 1 stock each, over 120% each....

but i lost. noone got it on tape either. and then he fought some scrub in the finals. A SCRUB!@>?!@?

****, I should have fought pablo in finals. in fact, i SHOULD have won.
hot ****, i wouldnt be as mad if it was in finals, because then it would have been alot better...plus finals were recorded....MY MATCH should have been recorded.

those *******s....

also, i 4 stocked babacs sheik. but he sucks. i beat po in a 20$ mm too.

anyway, that leads me to my next point....i am issuing $20 mm to anyone and everyone.

especially you coty. i want to mm you. if 20 is too much ill go down to whatever, and that goes for everyone....

but yeah, that meteor cancel was so epic, i forgot to win. plus i killed myself at the beginning.
theres no words i can think of to describe how close it was...

except for no johns.

im still worked up about it lol....for about 10 minutes after the match my hands wouldnt stop shaking...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol Alex, I was making a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm positive someone has said "you couldn't duel your way out of a paper bag" on the show before. I just couldn't resist.

Andy's match against Pablo was quite spectacular. One of the closest I've ever seen.

Anyway, the line-up for those who are going to Dallas consists of: Chris, Coty, myself, and Pablo. And yes, I am aware that, grammatically, "myself" should be at the end of that list, but I wanted to list them in order of when each person won.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Lol Alex, I was making a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm positive someone has said "you couldn't duel your way out of a paper bag" on the show before. I just couldn't resist.

Andy's match against Pablo was quite spectacular. One of the closest I've ever seen.

Anyway, the line-up for those who are going to Dallas consists of: Chris, Coty, myself, and Pablo. And yes, I am aware that, grammatically, "myself" should be at the end of that list, but I wanted to list them in order of when each person won.
i'm not 100 % on this, but i think you only put yourself at the end when you're referring to yourself as "I".

It's time to d-d-d-d-ddddduel!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
i'm not 100 % on this, but i think you only put yourself at the end when you're referring to yourself as "I".
Hmm, you might be right. I guess I'll have to check into it.

Wow, it looks like in Texas they had finals involving two good, Smashboards players. Go figure :ohwell:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Good games to everyone I've played, and nice meeting everyone I didn't play. Andy caught me off-guard though, that match was a little too close for comfort... Well, looks like I'm going to start training in Melee again, which is weird since I was confident I was done with it for good. Also, I was pretty peeved when they told me they ran out of t-shirts >_> Oh well...

To the Runner-up, Forest: If you read these forums, good job at winning 2nd and defeating Rasta, THE IMPOSTA! Lawl x 50

Chubbs
: Count me in for Sunday (today), I'll need the practice.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i REALLY wish i could go, but i have to work...

anyway, pablo, that match also rekindled my interest in the game. prior to today i viewed smash as a social aid rather then something i wanted to get good at... but ive never had that feeling that you have when its the finals (technically semi finals but whoever won got to fight a scrub, so whatever)and its all on the line...good stuff. makes me want to get better so i can feel it more often...

so on that note, anyone want to play next week on the days i have off?

that announcer was pretty amusing though, what with the rasta, THE IMPOSTA, and all...

execute

Smash Rookie
Hi I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I was wondering if OK has tournaments in Tulsa? I would also like to know what tournaments are happening this summer in OK in July and August, because here in Arkansas there is only a very small smash scene so there aren't any major tournaments and some players from here would like to travel and play sometime. PM me as well if you are interested in playing.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
wow Forest was the peach?

i owned him so hard at OHSNAP2 >.>
you should be ashamed, babac.
Yah, so did I. All he did was ****in downsmash, if you would have seen me last night you could tell that I was pissed beyond believe...maybe even more mad than brandon.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hi I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I was wondering if OK has tournaments in Tulsa? I would also like to know what tournaments are happening this summer in OK in July and August, because here in Arkansas there is only a very small smash scene so there aren't any major tournaments and some players from here would like to travel and play sometime. PM me as well if you are interested in playing.
There actually are monthly tournaments in Tulsa, but almost none of us attend those, so the level of competition won't be as high. However, we are hosting a much bigger tournament, OHSNAP3, during early August, so it is advisable to attend that.

Wow, Pablo, I'd have been so pissed if they didn't have a t-shirt for me.

Blah, it looks like I can't go to Chubs's place today; one of the many consequences of not having my license :urg: Sorry mangz :(

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I asked the worker inside the McDonald's if i could have one of those shirts. She actually went looking for one for me, but her manager said no. Jerk.

Anyway, Rasta. You were talking with Outlaw and he said you two actually live very close to each other. We'd love to play you and co. sometime

chibit89

Smash Cadet
Vegafuse (or Pablo, this is your real name?) ,

even though i have no clue on the advanced techs and stuff, i do know that you did an amazing job holding it down and winning that ****. sorry i work far away, but we'll catch up some weekend or def during the fall. we'll both be learning GG:AC so it'll be a race to see who the real 2D fighter is!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey Irish and Chubs, do you both have Yu-Gi-Oh! decks with banned cards that you can play with? Cause if I get to go over there next week, it'd be fun to get some games in. I also have the World Championship 2007 game for DS, though my deck on that isn't too spectacular at the moment.

<3 card games lawlz.

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
lol yea we do...we can make a deck to if we needed to...but bring them and we will c....btw...caleb lives in yukon...we can always pick u up if u cant get a ride on sundays....noob

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
Yea... Moore has tired... noobs dont come... pansy....

And Yugi Oh decks are fun... but i manly play Chapokemanz (Nationals this weekend)

Next week there is no Injuns House torney... Due to me being in Columbus Ohio

Gravity

Smash Ace
now that ive tasted the tournament goodness, i want more. lets have a tourney, on the 4th of july. or something. anything.

also pablo, i cant believe you almost lost to gravity! that guy sucks!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
anyway, pablo, that match also rekindled my interest in the game. prior to today i viewed smash as a social aid rather then something i wanted to get good at... but ive never had that feeling that you have when its the finals (technically semi finals but whoever won got to fight a scrub, so whatever)and its all on the line...good stuff. makes me want to get better so i can feel it more often...
Good to hear that man, you definitely have what it takes to take top in OHSNAP3. There's just something special about having everything on the line with everyone watching and cheering on.....

Wow, Pablo, I'd have been so pissed if they didn't have a t-shirt for me.
I'm pretty sure the random people working at McDonalds deserved t-shirts more than I did.
Vegafuse (or Pablo, this is your real name?) ,

even though i have no clue on the advanced techs and stuff, i do know that you did an amazing job holding it down and winning that ****. sorry i work far away, but we'll catch up some weekend or def during the fall. we'll both be learning GG:AC so it'll be a race to see who the real 2D fighter is!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Meh, I was watching some EvoEast matches, and it got me in the mood to get back into all the other fighters. Lol, maybe we could do some kind of "Every Fighting Game Challenge" or something, including Shaq Fu (j/k on the shaqfu >_>).

more people need to live in or near moore....buncha noobs....only plasman showed up...where were u vega?
****, sorry man, I was trying to find a ride over there, but things just didn't turn out the way I thought they would :( Unless something major comes up, I'm going to show up to the next event for sure, I seriously DO need to game if I want to get any better.

Edit: Also, I can't believe I almost lost to Gravity, that guy sucks!

Edit2: I'd just like to mention that photos and profiles of the winners are up on midnightgamingchampionship.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom