• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
he would ANS... but... if our original thread was still here *sigh* i'd just have you look back at one of his posts. he's kinda in temporary unwilling retirement for a little while, he just got the weekend off for TD... otherwise i would be kidnapping him for INNsomnia

and i guess sean's coming back with me... so yeah, alex, when you see this, get on aim, lol (and whoever else might be able to provide a day or two of housing)

Edit: no johns billy, you should have come to TD, lol

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Since I haven't met anyone yet I'm not going to presume that it would be alright to try and include myself in the prospective smashing that seems to be in the works for this weekend, I'll just say that if any of the gatherings become confirmed and the person hosting feels like having another/new face, that I'll try and oblige ;)

Gravity

Smash Ace
im pretty sure youd be welcome, just hit him up on aim, or here, and ask....

also i got an extremely gay fsmash ON TAPE!

i should make it a gif and make it my sig.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
meh, i'll admit i should have gone to training day.

Since everyone else was posting their lineup, i might as well jump on the bandwagon.

Marth, young link, doc, pichu. I use marth for the most part, just because tournament season is coming up and i want my marth to be able to beat every character. My pichu comes in a close second. Only because there aren't many people that use pichu, and i'm surprisingly good with him. young link and doc, doesn't matter, i'm not too good with either.

EDIT: where the **** is my sig?

Gravity

Smash Ace
if it was up your *** youd know it

anyway yeah, me and zinth got a lot of footage todaym and he says hell upload it soon. today soon.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Since I haven't met anyone yet I'm not going to presume that it would be alright to try and include myself in the prospective smashing that seems to be in the works for this weekend, I'll just say that if any of the gatherings become confirmed and the person hosting feels like having another/new face, that I'll try and oblige ;)
Heh, it's too bad you missed out on Training Day man, but I'm sure the regular get-togethers (commonly referred as "smashfests") should more than make up for it. Newcomers to the scene are always welcomed, and usually Rasta or Dokkoise would be able to have a couple people over for some games.

Edit: BTW, where in OK do you live?

Gravity

Smash Ace
sicne alex is moving and in norman, and babac cant have smashfests anymore (hell if thats stopping me), whos going to host them? noone?

i still remember the FIRST babac hosted smashfest...all the way over a year ago...those were the days...

i also remember the SUCK that was the paemon hosted smashfest. srsly it was worst smashfest ever.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Heh, it's too bad you missed out on Training Day man, but I'm sure the regular get-togethers (commonly referred as "smashfests") should more than make up for it. Newcomers to the scene are always welcomed, and usually Rasta or Dokkoise would be able to have a couple people over for some games.

Edit: BTW, where in OK do you live?
Bethany, OK. Pretty much Oklahoma City.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
And just because 20 people show up at babac's it does NOT make it a smashfest.
True, there has to be gummi bears for it to be a smashfest.

Also, Plasman, don't worry about presuming here, it's always smiled upon, new faces are always welcome,
unless paemon ever becomes a new face...
Anyways, close to OKC huh, rasta (aka babac) lives in OKC

Andy, calm yourself, in the next two or so months wut? will be getting carpet in his house,
And his parents said once he gets carpet he can host smashfests...
And when do you and bryan get out of school, I have 7 hours so I get out around 3:30 ish
I kinda want to smash with the only good edmond smashers...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
OK, thanks :cool: .

So where are most of the smashfests held? For the most part, travel shouldn't be a problem for me.
if you want, you're welcome to come to smash with me in norman saturday. the PV kids should be there, hopefully also my crew in norman. if you are interested, just tell me and i'll PM you my cell phone and address. the time saturday will end at 10PM, and could start anytime from 11AM-3PM, depending on what i'm doing in acting. i'll tell you by friday, though.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey. Just checking in with you peeps. Coty, I wish I could go with you, but we all know I can't. If you're bringing Sean back with you, I MUST KNOW where you guys will be. I have gots to play a few rounds with him, even if I have to close the store early...

Seriously, I hope everyone's doing fine and hope to get some Smash in against all you new guys soon... One day soon...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Alright, I've uploaded five of the many fights that Gravity and I recorded today to my Youtube. I don't think they've finished processing yet, but they will soon, so keep checking. I've got a lot more to upload, which I'll try to finish up tomorrow.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
noooooo! bryan you MUST put some on your filefront so i can download them... i need oops moments for my vid!

and brandon.. i'll see what i can do... where i live... its not possible, lol... but we'll definitely be up there a couple of days to play the peeps

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I can hold smashfests when school is out.

Also, this is the best news EVER!! The dude that is fixing my house is real good friends with a guy named Bob Clark (www.bobclark.com) and hes gonna try and hook me up with a job and that guy is RICH. His shop is a mile away from my house, and he has had some of the biggest impact in the herpetolologic society. Example, ANY albino ball pythons can be traced back to his place, he is the first person to find the albino gene and breed it out.

I know that had nothing to do with smash, I just thought I should let people know.

New guy (not you coty, I cant remember the other guys name, plasman?) not this weekend, but next weekend you can come smash or you can smash with Alex this weekend.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
That combo vid is weak man, for real.

And the best smasher of all time is Isai, ssb-ssbm- and he will continue to reign in ssbb.

EDIT: The first time I saw the combo vid I could only make it through the 1st minute. I watched it all because I didnt have **** to do. This is one of the worst combo vids Ive ever seen, trust me, Ive seen alot too. It makes KDJ look like he is worse than he actually is, and only 1/2 of it was a combo vid, the other half was just a match with music.

I think the best combo vid is Isai-DONT GET HIT, coty doesnt like it, I do, I will agree it does need better video quality.

Isai>everbody
Isai> Rasta

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I didn't get a chance to post in the training day thread before it was locked since i ran off to New Mexico for spring break the day after the event, but I had a blast and I left feeling like I improved. Thanks south paw, (coty right?) for setting it all up, thats dedication!

I didn't mingle as much as I should, but i remember playing Zinth, ssbm_addict, hazygoose (alex, right?), and Jeff (i dont know if he posts here). I was the bowser that was happy to at least take one of your stocks before the game end :p

It looks like my friends and I are on the power ranking thread now and we are deciding on a team name to put up there, but we can't wait to play with any of you more often.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hey! I didn't get a chance to post in the training day thread before it was locked since i ran off to New Mexico for spring break the day after the event, but I had a blast and I left feeling like I improved. Thanks south paw, (coty right?) for setting it all up, thats dedication!

I didn't mingle as much as I should, but i remember playing Zinth, ssbm_addict, hazygoose (alex, right?), and Jeff (i dont know if he posts here). I was the bowser that was happy to at least take one of your stocks before the game end :p

It looks like my friends and I are on the power ranking thread now and we are deciding on a team name to put up there, but we can't wait to play with any of you more often.
cool deal. if you and your crew want to come to norman to smash on saturday i'm having something going on at my house. just send me a PM if you're interested. this is hazygoose/alex, btw. :)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i already saw it...and commented. so booyah.

also, Auddy/PWT/AnS/Plasman/Scud,
i can't do anything saturday. turns out my sister's directing a play this weekend and never told me. but! if you can come sunday that'd be great. it'll be from 11AM-8PM, for sure.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Well, that sux, because on Sunday me and all the other pv guys are going to Drey's for a WrestleMania 23 party, we are all big wrestling fans. Soooo.... I guess we aren't doing anything this weekend. Oh well.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Like woah, I've already got more vids up on my Youtube! Check 'em out!

*****es!

And propz go to the people who commented on the first three videos, as well as those who will comment on all future videos on my Youtube.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
i can't do anything saturday. turns out my sister's directing a play this weekend and never told me. but! if you can come sunday that'd be great. it'll be from 11AM-8PM, for sure.
That sucks. :( ANd since the Wrestlemanie thing is sunday that means I won't have a ride. *sigh* Maybe some other weekend.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
BJ, you can just say "hey i'm coming over saturday", that works at babac's house.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I hate that place Coty. I mean I really hate it, its like the Time Before Jesus in that place. Items on, Team Attack On, they actually wanted to make up rules by the fly! Oh, and the only legal stages are the stagest that done move....Screw that place, how can I support it when it disgusts me.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
...you're ********... 'stages that don't move' you must be looking at the gridcon rules...

and i guess im coming up this weekend... /le sigh...

i might as well bring my vcr

oh yeah and pablo said he's going to start trying now.... lawl

<3 pablo, lolz

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
andy, if i ever play you in a match, you're not allowed to talk. I couldn't stop laughing throughout that whole hting.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Man, I'm not too sure I'll be able to make it on Sunday. That sucks, I was hoping to smash with some of you guys this weekend.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
well i can live with you doing nothing but missiles, CC to dsmashing, and dash attack, but it's just not fair when i can't concentrate on account of me in tears of laughter because you keep talking.

undeadpenguin

Smash Rookie
wuts up guys. who all is going to the tulsa tourny on the 8th? i plan to go since i live in tulsa. i just found it a few weeks ago on that okgamers.com site so i plan to go alot of them. every one definately needs to go vote. it looks like 2 vs2 always makes it, but i think 1 vs 1 is better. anyways, ill probably see you there southpaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom