• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i remember trying to beat that game when i was like 4 or whatever...i never did, but since i was young it didnt annoy me...

but im pretty sure everyone played ****ty games when they were young, since it was all they had.

anyway im really bored, and tired.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
FFX-2 was a better game than FFX, more game play, more character development, not nearly as many movies, 4 different endings, 2 of which Tidus come back. FFX was just beat a boss, watch a movie, run around for a few minutes, beat a boss, watch a movie, fight your dad, your aeons, then the True Sin. FFX had an awesome story, seemed like they focused on the storyline, they didnt seem to noticed that 1/2 the game is watching movies (80+ hours on mine and I guarentee you 1/2 of it is from watching movies).

Gravity

Smash Ace
wow spoilers...some of us havent played FFX...some of us also dont care, but still, spoilers lol.

in other news, ive never beat a final fantasy, and ive only played one.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Well, Brandon and I had some pretty good battles with the SRKers last night. They were some really cool cats, and I'm sure you guys would get along with them. They didn't mind when Brandon and I played a couple rounds of SSBM either. We entered a mini-tournament on the spot, $1 entry, and I gotta say those were some of the most intense matches I've ever played :eek: (lots of Daigo moments too, lol)

Even though we got completely demolished in most games, in the end, it was a really great event, and we had a blast :cool:

anyway im really bored, and tired.
Are you bored enough (and non tired enough) to watch Brandon getting schooled?

http://files.filefront.com/ChibiYun_vs_PimpusKenWMV/;7518818;/fileinfo.html

:laugh:

Gravity

Smash Ace
yes im that bored, lol nice dragon punch at the end...too bad i couldnt go, but no matter what interest i might have, i suck at SF.

was there any MvC there?

plasman

Smash Apprentice
You know, every time I go to read your posts I have to make sure there is no liquid in my mouth for fear of either choking from laughter or spraying it all over my monitor. If there was an award for most humorous poster, Shanx would get my vote.

In smash news (maybe not "new" but) I found a cool little combo with Link. Shffl Fair> Dsmash. Am I just really behind the curve on this one? I can't remember seeing it before but that doesn't mean it isn't already common knowledge.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
In smash news (maybe not "new" but) I found a cool little combo with Link. Shffl Fair> Dsmash. Am I just really behind the curve on this one? I can't remember seeing it before but that doesn't mean it isn't already common knowledge.
Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=joVYBEoiCtA

this time you shouldn't have liquids in your mouth because your jaw will be on the floor...

make sure you can hear what they're saying, lol

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lolz I have Tests the rest of the week too lolz.

And yeah Babac, watch the spoilerz lolz.

They need to remake FFVI on PS3 (even though I don't want to buy one :urg:). It'd be the ****.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, Brandon and I had some pretty good battles with the SRKers last night. They were some really cool cats, and I'm sure you guys would get along with them. They didn't mind when Brandon and I played a couple rounds of SSBM either. We entered a mini-tournament on the spot, $1 entry, and I gotta say those were some of the most intense matches I've ever played :eek: (lots of Daigo moments too, lol)

Even though we got completely demolished in most games, in the end, it was a really great event, and we had a blast :cool:

Are you bored enough (and non tired enough) to watch Brandon getting schooled?

http://files.filefront.com/ChibiYun_vs_PimpusKenWMV/;7518818;/fileinfo.html

:laugh:
What Pablo neglected to mention is that it was best two out of three, so we played another match after that. In THAT match, I actually managed to win a round with my awesome Parrying into a SAIII. Which, of course, didn't get filmed... :(

All in all though, good times were had. Also, I may suck at 3rd Strike, but I pwn at Alpha 3, so if any of you beeyotches want some, come get some...

Gravity

Smash Ace
im like really really bad at SF...but ill fight you anyway, cuz i like to play it...

but i like MvC or MvC2 way more then SF, cuz i dont suck so hard at it.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
What Pablo neglected to mention is that it was best two out of three, so we played another match after that. In THAT match, I actually managed to win a round with my awesome Parrying into a SAIII. Which, of course, didn't get filmed... :(

All in all though, good times were had. Also, I may suck at 3rd Strike, but I pwn at Alpha 3, so if any of you beeyotches want some, come get some...
Ah, darn it Brandon, I wanted to mention those, but I decided it would be funny to make it seem that we were absolutely horrible..... Besides, Guy is a horrible match-up for Birdie, I couldn't do ANYTHING besides turtle my way to....... a slower defeat..... :(

But yeah, in that second match, Brandon was f'ing Daigo! I had to kick myself for not recording that "Daigo moment" :mad: Brandon isn't that bad in 3S either, the only game I beat him in was SSBM, in which the battles were pretty close..... Just don't play his broken Guy in A3....

Gravity said:
yes im that bored, lol nice dragon punch at the end...too bad i couldnt go, but no matter what interest i might have, i suck at SF.

was there any MvC there?
Gravity said:
im like really really bad at SF...but ill fight you anyway, cuz i like to play it...

but i like MvC or MvC2 way more then SF, cuz i dont suck so hard at it.
Yeah, I was surprised that DP didn't connect after his cr. fierce hit confirmed. It doesn't matter how bad you are at it, we're still game. If you ever want to learn it competitively, just let us know.

And yes, plenty of MvC2 going on :chuckle: They had the first MvC as well, but due to time restrictions we never got around to playing it. They are also into the Naurtimate and N:GNT series. Sadly, they had no idea what Armored Core is O_o

Gravity

Smash Ace
Ah, darn it Brandon, I wanted to mention those, but I decided it would be funny to make it seem that we were absolutely horrible..... Besides, Guy is a horrible match-up for Birdie, I couldn't do ANYTHING besides turtle my way to....... a slower defeat..... :(

But yeah, in that second match, Brandon was f'ing Daigo! I had to kick myself for not recording that "Daigo moment" :mad: Brandon isn't that bad in 3S either, the only game I beat him in was SSBM, in which the battles were pretty close..... Just don't play his broken Guy in A3....

Yeah, I was surprised that DP didn't connect after his cr. fierce hit confirmed. It doesn't matter how bad you are at it, we're still game. If you ever want to learn it competitively, just let us know.

And yes, plenty of MvC2 going on :chuckle: They had the first MvC as well, but due to time restrictions we never got around to playing it. They are also into the Naurtimate and N:GNT series. Sadly, they had no idea what Armored Core is O_o
yeah id want to play it competitively, but i dont own the game. im sure we can find time to play it at smashfests or something though.

either way, next time were both at babacs house or anywhere else we should fight...my entire experience with SF is on mame though so...yeah...im pretty sure youll win

but im sure theres some quote along the lines of "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game."

that can also be taken to mean shl spamming is gay.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
yeah id want to play it competitively, but i dont own the game. im sure we can find time to play it at smashfests or something though.

either way, next time were both at babacs house or anywhere else we should fight...my entire experience with SF is on mame though so...yeah...im pretty sure youll win
K, I'll just bring my DC w/ MvC2 and Brandon could bring SF:AC or Alpha Anthology (we have more, but we'll just start on one or two for now). I'm assuming you got the basics like QCF motions and super canceling down, because unlike SSBM, the learning curve of traditional fighters are A LOT tougher to overcome. Though, just like SSBM, there is also a huuuge list of terms and notations to learn, but whenever we play, I'll just go over the general ones (keep it simple, lol). I'll PM you some vids later, from tutorials to crazy combovids, some of my personal favorites :chuckle:

There looks like we may have two new members joining in on the smash scene. Well, one of them is not really that new, maybe you guys remember my friend Jorge (AKA, "Deck"). The other person is some dude he works with, he mains Marth and G&W. I'm going to game with them tomorrow evening to see what's up, they seem to be interested to get back into competitive Smash.

One more thing..... I'm open to money matches next smashfest! I'll challenge anyone, $5-$10, 2/3, double blind picks (standard MLG rules apply). So who is smashy enough!?

Gravity

Smash Ace
regarding SF and MvC, i decided to just pm you instead of having a mile long post.

but as far as new smashers go, the more the merrier pretty much.

and assuming i have some money rolling in, ill challenge you to a 5$ match by your rules, and a 5$ random character ditto...basically, one of picks random, based on a coin toss or mutual agreement, and the other picks the same character...sounds fun right?

in fact that last one is open to anyone.

assuming i have money rolling in by then, which i should.

actually on second thought, the dittos dont have to be random...just someone not bowser or pichu, or marth or fox...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
regarding SF and MvC, i decided to just pm you instead of having a mile long post.

but as far as new smashers go, the more the merrier pretty much.

and assuming i have some money rolling in, ill challenge you to a 5$ match by your rules, and a 5$ random character ditto...basically, one of picks random, based on a coin toss or mutual agreement, and the other picks the same character...sounds fun right?
I accept both (in the case cash comes rolling in, lol). I guess the random ditto match can be jiggs vs puff?

As for SF, news just in that A3 (and as usual, 3S) is all the rage suddenly. It's pretty accessible to all 3 of us too, I got it on DC, you have it on MAME, and Brandon has it on PS2. Sounds good, yah? Plus, the characters you use in MvC are pretty good in A3 (Akuma and Ryu). I'll PM A3 shiz if needed.

As for more SSBM, I'm totally done with CF. He's still my best character (as of now), but I'm determined that Fox will be my best bet next monthly. Oh, and the return of my Falco/Sheik/Marth just to counter other Falco/Sheik/Marth's, everyone else is Fox food.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Plasman, that was some funny sheeit.

andy, didn't we have a money match going at one time?

I've decided i'm gonna get an xbox 360. Why? because i no longer have a reason to get a ps3. They lost the only reason i wanted a ps3 (that reason being Devil May Cry 4) and this way i can also get fable 2 when it comes out.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hmm i still want a ps3 because of metal gear solid 4...yeah im a fanboy...

speaking of METAL GEAR SOLID, PABLO....

cough.

and yeah billy, we probably did. again, once i get employed ill mm you but until then ill just fight you in for the heck of it. assuming i ever get over to babacs again, its been like a month...

anyway ima go get 3S for mame and see if i like it more then alpha 3...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
As for more SSBM, I'm totally done with CF. He's still my best character (as of now), but I'm determined that Fox will be my best bet next monthly. Oh, and the return of my Falco/Sheik/Marth just to counter other Falco/Sheik/Marth's, everyone else is Fox food.
rofl, wassamatter? socal special still too fresh on your mind?

no spacies for me for a while... they sucking f*ck....

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
hmm i still want a ps3 because of metal gear solid 4...yeah im a fanboy.
MGS4 is coming out on the 360
In case you're wondering why, it's because Sony pissed off Microsoft and so Sony lost 90% of it's exclusives
MGS4 and DMC4 included...

I've decided i'm gonna get an xbox 360. Why? because i no longer have a reason to get a ps3. They lost the only reason i wanted a ps3 (that reason being Devil May Cry 4) and this way i can also get fable 2 when it comes out.
I have one and if I had one previous to my future self...
WTF OMG rip in the fabric of time and space!!!!!!
:p
Fable 2 FTW!

Gravity

Smash Ace
MGS4 is coming out on the 360
In case you're wondering why, it's because Sony pissed off Microsoft and so Sony lost 90% of it's exclusives
MGS4 and DMC4 included...
o rly!?
O RLY!?
O RLY!@?@?@??#@$@

"Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has confided that he considers Meal Gear Solid to be "made for the PlayStation," and that his Xbox 360 games will be all-new creations not based in the world of Metal Gear."

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=55468

posted on 15/15 lol.

in other words i dont believe you.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
o rly!?
O RLY!?
O RLY!@?@?@??#@$@

"Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has confided that he considers Meal Gear Solid to be "made for the PlayStation," and that his Xbox 360 games will be all-new creations not based in the world of Metal Gear."

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=55468

posted on 15/15 lol.

in other words i dont believe you.
Rofl wafl.

In other news, I'm still obsessed with the music from Final Fantasy VI. It has been my friend during testing, especially Dancing Mad. It's funny, the only Final Fantasy music that I haven't been obsessed with in any manner at some time or another is the music from Final Fantasy XII. It was a great game, but I found the music to be rather boring :ohwell:

Uh oh, looks like Pablo might have finally stopped sandbagging! :psycho:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
speaking of METAL GEAR SOLID, PABLO....

cough.
I'll try to get it back from my bro. Dunno when that'll be......

rofl, wassamatter? socal special still too fresh on your mind?
Lol, you've beaten my CF plenty of times, perhaps even 4-stock :laugh: Once the monthly rolls around, you'll be served the OK special, on the house ;)

Uh oh, looks like Pablo might have finally stopped sandbagging! :psycho:
Believe it! Though, I still have a long ways to go to prove myself in the top 10.....

Alright, got some games in against Jorge and his co-worker yesterday. Jorge still retains most of his smash skill, he's just extremely rusty. The new guy was really casual though, I showed him a bunch of stuff and he thought it was cool. He said he'll consider getting into competitive smash once SSBB hits stores, and said that if he was any better in Melee he would have done so much sooner. However, he did mention he had a friend that entered tournaments and knew all about L-canceling and wavedashing, so I'm looking forward to see what this unknown smasher is all about....

The name of the new guy is "Jeremy", I didn't catch the name of his friend, I think it was "James".... maybe someone here knows the fellows I speak of?

plasman

Smash Apprentice
...The name of the new guy is "Jeremy", I didn't catch the name of his friend, I think it was "James".... maybe someone here knows the fellows I speak of?

I know both a Jeremy and a James that play smash so they could be the ones I'm thinking of. It's been a while since I've seen them but is the Jeremy a white dude with long-ish brown hair? And maybe Glasses?

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
shanx gt is your past life right? whos past life im i ???
Paemon's

BELGIAN WAFFLES

2 c. heavy cream
2 tbsp. superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Waffle Batter:

1 1/4 c. sifted cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. sugar
pinch of salt
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. melted butter
4 egg whites

Preheat a waffle iron.
Whip the first three ingredients and place in refrigerator to chill.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, 1/4 c. sugar, and salt onto a piece of waxed paper.

Beat the egg yolks lightly and add the milk, vanilla and melted butter. Drop in the dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine.

In a separate, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry and fold them into the batter gently.

Bake in a seasoned waffle iron at medium heat until the steam stops escaping.

Dust the baked waffles with confectioner's sugar and top with whipped cream. Sliced strawberries or peaches may be served on top.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I know both a Jeremy and a James that play smash so they could be the ones I'm thinking of. It's been a while since I've seen them but is the Jeremy a white dude with long-ish brown hair? And maybe Glasses?
Lol, yeah, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same guy. He hinted that he knew more people that smashed too, so he may have been referring to you......

wut?

Smash Apprentice
im saveing up for a ps3 just for mgs4 i love all mgs games they all rock snake could kick clowds *** from ff7

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
im saveing up for a ps3 just for mgs4 i love all mgs games they all rock snake could kick clowds *** from ff7
apples and oranges, wut. Now him vs. Sam Fisher would be an even match up. I'd still go with snake just because he's a legend.

Shade_

Smash Ace
....even my wristwatch hates me.....

.........this song is my only friend............

.........................i hurt much more.......................

.................................i cry blood lol.....................................

..........................am i popular yet?

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
shade, i demand an explaination for you being a whiney little poon.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wow, Sheik is gay. So gay, infact, that I've forgotten why I even play Smash.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of me playing Smash is? I seem to have gone all nihilistic about everything all of the sudden :ohwell:

</emo lawlz>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom