• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official NBA/Basketball/Hooping Thread

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Zero, don't be so sure. Dwyane was always great but always needed that extra big man to achieve the finals/championship. Bulls always had it, but needed a great Big Man to do it.

But we'll see on Tuesday when Chicago Plays Miami at 7:00 central, 8:00 Eastern

Oh and btw, Rickey davis got traded to theWolves this year, and he's doing pretty good.

And he's right about the underdogs. The Sorry raptors, had an undefeated pre-season, that is until they played My Bulls on Friday, and the world was Screaming Air Gordon, lol

And another thing, Ben Gordon got 38 Points, with 12 of 12 Freethrows, and 2 out of 3 Three Pointers

*sniff sniff* Do I smell greatness?
All you need is Defense, and you'll create offense. And Ben Gordon has proved MANY MANY MANY times in the past, that he can be the go to guy. Especially in a particular Miami game from Gordon's rookie year, when they were down by 4, Gordon shoots,a three, Wade gets the ball passes to Jones, he misses the three, my dude Tyson chandler, rebounds and passes to gordon, he does a hesitation and shoots another thre over wade, which in turn won The Game

And to prove he has the ability to match up against Wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KbVzafw1A

Watch as Young Gordon's dribbling skills breaks Wade's ankles and makes him fall flat on his buttocks, while Gordon shakes Jason Williams and shoots his famous Rainbow Jumper

Dibs

Smash Lord
I haven't been following the pre-season as much as I should this year, but I will be happy if Gordon takes over this year.. I've seen so much potential in him.

I'm still not sure what to make of these darn Kings.... I live here so I guess I'll give them another chance.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Oh so your in Sacremento. I haven't seen many Kings games, so I can't really judge 'em yet

And Dibs did you not Gordon is a dunker? And I don't mean a just dunker dunker, i mean, Dunk Contest Calibur Dunker. They have vids of him from high school doing three point bounce catch into a one hand wind mill dunk, a Kobe-esque, under the leg dunk, and a 360 double grisp dunk.

Man it's a shame he prefers to do his amazing lay-ups, but jeeze, at least do something special on a fastbreak, lol

Dibs

Smash Lord
Yeah everytime I've seen Gordon in highlights or games, it's been a layup or shot. I didn't see him as dunking potential.

Sacramento has been completely changed around over the past 5 years. The original starting five that made it to the western finals against the lakers a few years back is completely gone including Rick Adelman. Only Mike Bibby remains. I'm interested to see how this will play out this year.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, to be Honest Mike Bibby is the only player I really know about. But then again in my WHOLE life I've prolly seen about 3 gmes of them. But I'm gonna try to be more of a NBA ***** this year

Oh and Zero

How did you enjoy today's Miami Heat defeat against, ohhh, I dunno

THE CHICAGO BULLS

My city gave them a highly satisfying ***-ramming, I normally I don't really brag about this stuff like this, but when people diss my team, just cuz they're underdogs, etc. It makes the victories against the disser's team, oh so much sweeter

Especially since the score was 108-66. Pretty convincing if you ask me.

Oh and Bulls set even MORE records

This is the worst blowout by a Championship team's opening game in NBA History, previously it was Lakers in 1982, which was only 16 points, lol.

Oh and this is also the fewest Miami points, The Bulls have ever caused in Franchise History
Even in the Jordan Era.

So ya

U g0t PWNED!!11!!!!!11!!one!1!!1!!eleven!!1!!

And the worst part is, The Bulls used their bench more than their starters(Like always)

It is always more satisfying when people like Chris Duhon shoots 3 jumpers in a row, two of which were threes, Sefolosha gets a steal and a one handed dunk with a foul included, as well as Nocioni, and Viktor Khyrapa

But here's the biggest non starter rapeage

*Shaq goes for the shot, like 4 feet away from the basket*
*217 Pound 6'9" skinny rookie, comes and rejects the shot out of bounds*

Lol, I loved when everyone came in the arena with Championship t-shirts on, and there was this big ceremony. And when I saw those same people with Championship shirts leave during half time was priceless. They all had the boo-boo face :laugh:

Well, maybe this will make the non believers see the potential in this Chi-Town team, and maybe they'll all jump on the bandwagon, like my *come from behind* underdog Bears :laugh:

Okay I'm done gloating for now

Dibs

Smash Lord
Gosh the Kings have been losing...... I lost faith already.

Bulls full on now.

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i culdnt believe that bulls heat game.. i was like woaaaaaaaaaaa. but is it me or can the knicks totally change how their viewed? i was watching the game like hmmm the knicks might finally play how they should be playing..considering their talent and all. but my hornets will rule the league. and with the season officially started we all will see the damage we do to the league.... i dont even know if we won yesterday...lol

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Ya I couldn't believe it either. I predicted if they played right, they would win by like 5-10.

But they straight up gave them a ****** they'll never forget, lol.

One of the Miami players said it might have been because of when The Heat eliminated the Bulls for the playoffs last year

Sounds like some sweet *** revenge to me

And yes Rain, the Hornets did win, against the celtics according to Yahoo Sports. **** man chris Paul got 20 points and 10 assists, nice job, lol

And Dibs you should give up yet, they only lost one game so far, lol.
The Bulls lost against orlando the day after they banged The Heat(Which i think is really unfair because they were the only team who had to play two games that early, ESPECIALLY since they were back to back, and Bulls didn't get much rest, as where the Magic were fully rested.)

Lol, but guess what, Sacremento is flying over here to Chi-Town in 3 hours and 17 minutes for The Bulls Home Season opening Kick off, finally I'll get to see their long *** ceremony, lol. Hopefully Scottie and Michael will be in the crowd like when they usually pop up.

And Knicks might do pretty good this year. of course that was said last year too, lol. They do have lotsa talent though. ALOT. From Francise to Marbury to Richardson, to Nate Robinson, to Eddy Curry to jamal Crawford to Jalen rose... lol, they have like 3 Bulls players. They probably just have team issues

And I'm sure the Hornets will make the playoffs, maybe even round 2. Cuz tyson is a BEAST, I miss him already... :(

Dibs

Smash Lord
Oh man, the Kings in Chi Town for their a bulls home game? Here comes another loss for these darn Kings...

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i dont think nate robinson is that special.. and i the knicks dropped jalen rose...can u believe it? they bought him out n release him. and is it me or is ben gordon and kirk heinrich look like their good enough to make the bulls a championship quality team?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
First game of the season guys, relax. The Heat will get back into it, no doubt. I have utmost faith on Dwyane Wade. Congrats on the Bulls' win:).

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
First game of the season guys, relax. The Heat will get back into it, no doubt. I have utmost faith on Dwyane Wade. Congrats on the Bulls' win:).
Lol, that made my day. All we need is respect :)

Ya i read Jalen Rose is on the suns. He was this close to being in Miami though. I think he'll be better off on either than the Knicks

And you never knows Dibz, Scott Skiles might get crazy with his 13 man rotations like he did with the magics, and the Kings might take advantage of the smaller guard/forward line up

And Hinrich & gordon have always had the potential to take em to the championship. They just need that extra special somethin(might be Wallace/Thomas/etc)

Like Wade, he always had the championship potential, he just kept getting better and better(his scoring, etc), and Shaq was that extra special something, and they got their title

Lol, me and Dibs might be the only SWF users to see this game. It's on WGN(9) over here, and I guess it's local over there too

Unless the rest of you have NBA TV or somethin, lol

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Well Dibs, Your Kings proved they are awesome

Man that loss was bull sh*t though

Not one stupid turnover, but TWO of them by the same player caused the Kings to win...

And Chris Duhon is still a great Player, but MAN, first he imbounded to Luol deng and threw too far, letting the Kings score with kevin martin, and then when the Bulls got the ball back with 6 seconds left, Chris imbounded to Nocioni, who passed back to Duhon and on the drive one of the kings bumped him but no one saw, and he kinda tripped and bounced the ball on his foot and lost the ball....

Man that was the most frustrating turnover ever

Dibs

Smash Lord
Haha yeah, I was so used to the Kings making the turnovers. Maybe there is hope for them yet.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, yup Kevin Martin and Ron Artest are beasts

And I heard Ben Wallace hugged Ron Artest after the game, since this is the first they've met since they got in that huge confrontation which suspended Ron for a year, lol.

And it's weird cuz I always thought it was only because of Ron fighting someone in the crowd, I never knew about Ben wallace shoving him like 20 feet, and everything breaking them apart

Dibs

Smash Lord
Haha yeah. I remember that brawl. Just watching the replays over and over again. I was a huge Ben Wallace fan back then and I still am. So I refused to believe that any of that was Ben's fault. Haha.

Well it's good that they settled their issues.. or look like it at least.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Ya I'm sure they have. They said rev. Jessie Jackson was there too. And since Ben went to the SACRAMENTO's locker room and hugged him, maybe theyll be best friends now, lol

Ya Ben has been my favorite center since they beat the Lakers in 2004. Not just because he's a defensive beast, but because he's smaller than normal centers, and was a bench warmer, and still became the only all-star never drafted, and even though he's smaller, he can shut down people like Shaq, lol

And centers like Shaq, I believe are mostly good because of their size, not their skill

Dibs

Smash Lord
What's the other team that's undefeated? I hate my hectic college schedule. I never have the time to check out the games anymore.

*EDIT* What are these new NBA rules that I've been hearing about? I can't find them.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Utah is/was. I think Utah lost yesterday though

You know Dallas is like 0-4?

Man what a crazy season

The new rules are the "if you complain after a foul, then you get a technical"

rasheed wallace has four technicals already in only FOUR games, lol

He even got ejected after complaining about the technical last week

All over the league Technicals are being thrown out

Kirk Hinrich got one, Nocioni got one for simply raising his hands in confusion, lol, D Wade got like 2, Lebron got one, it's real crazy

But I think they'll get used to it in about 6 months, lol

Dibs

Smash Lord
Rasheed is gonna create some entertainment for me.

Do you think the ref's are being inconsistent with that rule? I've been hearing about other players complaining but not getting called. Like Dirk and Sam "E.T." Cassell.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Hmm they might be sometimes

It depends on if they are reasonable and/or being a superstar and/or discussing quickly and getting back to the game

And The Bulls lost to The Cavaliers...

Grrrrr

Both Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace I feel didn't do their parts that night, equating to the loss

Dibs

Smash Lord
Ahhh... I am really hoping the Bulls don't disappoint. Hopefully they will pull through.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
No it wasn't Kirilenko it was Memet Okur who blocked it.
Jazz Lineup:

PG: Deron Williams
SG: CJ Miles
SF: Andrei Kirilenko
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Memet Okur

Bench:
Derek Fisher
Gordan Giricek
Matt Harpring
Jarron Collins
Paul Millsap
Dee Brown
Ronnie Brewer

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I set my hopes up high too

But it's even worse now, they are 3-6

BUT,, when they lost to the Rockets it was after turning a 21 point deficit, into a 101-100 loss, so the game was a still a great one for me, plus Ben Gordon had 37 points, and I think h's getting his flow back

Last night they played the Spurs (which is a pretty good team), but they had quite a few turnovers,. etc. And Gordon shot 3 three pointers and had 22 points, but then he hyper extended his left wrist, which I hope he recovers by Sunday when they play The Lakers on Sunday.

You have to put in account that they have like 9 games on the road, and 3 of them were texas which is a tough little series, and the Bulls are still trying tofind there line up, and constinancy and which bench people are best against which team. Skiles is still trying to work with that because Gordon had some bad games a couple games ago getting like 3-4 points, and He let him come off the Bench l;ike his rookie year, and he appears to be playing better that way

And you also should take note that....

The 2004-2005 season(When Luol, Ben, Nocioni, etc were rookies), they lost the first 9 games and everyone gave up hope, and then they came back and had the 3rd best record in the East, right behind The Pistons and Heat

Dibs

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I do remember that. I want that to happen cause I get tired of repeat champs.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Hahaha true. I rooted for the pistons last year. Oh well.

Kings aren't doing as bad as I thought they would do this year.. hmm maybe the team makeover wasn't so bad after all..

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Aww man, there's nothing like being in THE GAME, and having your team win, AND coming home to a brand new Wii

Man....

Oh well I got $100 bucks to my name and I'm going crazy, so I'm getting Zelda on the 11th for the Gamecube to hopefully keep my sanity

And also, I just saw a highlight on ESPN in which NATE ROBINSON, blocked Yao Ming

In case, you don't know, Nate is 5'9" and Yao is 7'6"....

Inf**kingsane

Dibs

Smash Lord
NO WAY. I need to google that. Yao Ming's cool points just went into negative with that. He was slowly rising, but come on Yao, be agressive. Big ben would have broke nate in half.

Aww man, there's nothing like being in THE GAME, and having your team win, AND coming home to a brand new Wii
When I went to my first ever Kings game, they got smashed by the Twolves... I was hella pissed.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Lol, it's been On Sports news the past three days

And Nate is like a super dunker after all.

Now if Earl Boykins ever blocks him, he officially sucks

And Big Ben isn't as agressive as he should be on offense, with his size and muscles, he should be Tomahawking on people twice a game

I haven't been to a Bulls game yet, but I'd prolly make sure The Bulls have no chance of losing, lol

Top Bottom