• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official NBA/Basketball/Hooping Thread

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Yup, they only lost by about 9, but greece was doing pretty good. But it sux cuz I was like at least my Nocioni is still serving in argentina. Then the next day on the news it said Ginobli and Nocioni lost to Spain by ONE POINT

I was mad as hell, and Nocioni's three pointer coulda won the game....

Stupid Spanish

I ain't been much into Football, I love Basketball too much, lol, I drafted myself into the NBA, best Small Forward on the Bulls, lol

lol, later on I'ma put a picture of me and my friend who looks JUST like Luol deng

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
wow i cant believe that. well hey at least the world will have a new best national basketball team. i think its good for the world, other nations advancing in basketball. oh me ima basketball football man lol i been playin both since 4th grade and i love every sprint and hit of it all.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Actually USA lost last time too, they haven't won since I believe Shaq was on the team like in 2002, or 2000 or somethin

Basketbal is my only true passion, but Im sure once I get older and get Maddens and Baseball games I'll be into those too

MAN MY WHITE SOX LOST YESTERDAY

Chicago needs to win another championship, we are too great to lose, LOL

Hey did you know your Hornets got another Bulls player? Jannero Pargo, he sorta plays like Hinrich/Gordon/Duhon, and he can shoot threes good. Man you stealin all my ****** man, LMAO

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
my hornets are amazing lolol that's it with byron scott coachin it up man he's gunna have all these players turned it tip top form. we're going to be dangerousssssssssssss lol. wow USA is definetly slacking if it was that long ago since we won.... its weird i would have enver thought that

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
me neither, but yea

Man I cannot wait for NBA 2K7. We got this new Power Forward, he looks like the next rookie of the year, he can shoot, dunk, and block. And we got Sefolosha who is a beast at dunking apparently. I'm definatly gonna make a Hornets season on the Game though. I need my Pargo and Chandler

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Sorry my internet died for like a week I know erryone here missed me, lol.

Well USA lost, it's so sad.

Oh well Time for the Bulls to **** the whole NBA
Too bad they won't get passed Dwyane Wade, and things will just repeat themselves.

I have extremely high expectations for Wade this year, as weird as it may sound since he can't possibly get ANY better, but somehow, he will surpass today's greats.

Other NBA teams keep underestimating Miami and they'll win the championship yet again, although we'll have to see them play 40 games plus to decide such a monumental step.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Yes Dwayne Wade is great, but he had a hard time against the Bulls with their YOUNg players, it's a whole new story this year, veterans and future rookie of the years and all

They even said no team in the playoffs played Wade and the Heat closer/more efficiently than the Bulls. And this is just a "7th Ranked Seed"

And the same thing was said about The Pistons of 2004, who should one last year AND this year, cuz that's my secondary team, but hey, even Dynasties have a flaw that causes them to lose, (except the 90's Bulls that is, no franchise in history can top them)

That was also said about The Spurs when the won last year, they didn't even come close this year, lol

Dibs

Smash Lord
ben gordon and ben wallace... the new shaq and wade... er kobe... hahaa. I'm calling it right now.

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
all these chicago fans. i think they have the potential to be an awesome young team. they could kill in the east but the the pistons, the heat and the nets who also have good teams. i just hope chicago does good ben gordon and kirk are amazingggggg and i think they have what it takes to get past opposing teams defenses with ease. ben adds a veryyyyyy dominant player to the defense and since i hear he likes that coach alot im sure he will play 100% everynight unlike in detroit. i think them bulls going to do veryyy well man

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
ben gordon and ben wallace... the new shaq and wade... er kobe... hahaa. I'm calling it right now.
Uh, I think not. Where was Gordon for the Bulls during the play offs? Nowhere to be found, the only ones I remember are Hinrich and Chandler.

7th seed did so well? So what? If they're in the post season, no matter the seed, they deserve to be there. As a result, they are worthy of beating any team out there who takes them lightly.

Basing teams off their records or seeds while they're in the playoffs shows how outdated you are.

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i agree especially after detroit losing so little games prior to the playoffs.... and then....we all know what happens. when a team is in the playoffs they get that go hard or go home mentality which changes the wholeeeeeee game around. heat weren't ranked number 1 or 2 in the league at all, and now they are the champs..

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
i agree especially after detroit losing so little games prior to the playoffs.... and then....we all know what happens. when a team is in the playoffs they get that go hard or go home mentality which changes the wholeeeeeee game around. heat weren't ranked number 1 or 2 in the league at all, and now they are the champs..
Yeah. What happened during the regular season? Dallas ***** Miami. Once the championship series started between them, you should've seen Dallas fans celebrating already. What happened? Yeah..Dallas lost like punks.

Most people don't realize, somehow..that every freaking person who plays in the NBA is a professional, that's why they're there. Therefore, if you take them lightly, any of them, you will lose. However, since no team takes eachother lightly, it usually comes down to the players with better talent and coaches with superior strategies who come ontop.

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
it makes me think like with all this talent that chicago has i hope they actually do do good, because hyper-link man you would be broken lol. i think alot of teams realize that chicago is a force from the playoffs against the heat and the trade for ben wallace. anywayyyyyy i want to talk about the pheonix suns.. simply.. i love them lol, somehow steve nash makes people that have relatively no name become productive stars. the way nash plays i think is amazing and i think he deserves all the mvps he gets. i just wanted to put that out and oh yeah. GO HORNETS!!! chris paul peja sto...lemme stop, tyson chandler, david west, desmond mason, speedy claxxxxton. my team better not get gassed because now we have proven players to compliment chris paul unlike last year. and we almost made the playoffs. we betttttter make it this year we have too many reasons why we should make it for us not too.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It's interesting that you mention New Orleans. This little USA team experience was very essential for a player as absorbant as Chris Paul. Since he played with quality players, it won't be so strange now to be around such stars as the ones his team just acquired.

New Orleans should do great, however, we must remember they're in the West.

About Steve Nash, I absolutely agree with you. He does deserve all the MVP awards he's gotten, although you must give credit to D'Antoni. Remarkable coach.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Steve Nash is pretty good. He seems like a more veteran professional version of Hinrich. I think years down the road, that's where Hinrich is heading. He was on the USA team playing real unselfishly, creating shots for Melo, wade, and Lebron

And Ben Gordon did a great job this year players in fact, as far as scoring goes, credit goes to Nocioni, Gordon, and then Hinrich

Now LAST years playoffs against the Wizards was when he really didn't contribute, particularly, the last game. But hey, they have grown. To be a rookie, and take your team to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years? Come on. And even though they didn't do it alone, think about it. Tyson and Curry had BEEN on the team for about 4 years, and Hinrich was on the year before. As soon as Gordon comes they get the Third best record in the East right behind Detroit, with Miami with the highest.

And to the Gordon and Wallace commet. Yes Shaq is big as hell, but Ben is an overrall better player. He's better and steals and overrall defensive awareness. He didn't get more DP of the year awards than anyone in history cuz of his afro. And when Kobe was a rookie and sophomore, he wasn't even as good as Gordon is now. Especially the rookie years. Kobe had like 5-6 points a game that year, and didn't start showing his potential till the 3rd/4th year.

Gordon on the other hand, Made all NBA Rookie 1st Teams last year, All NBA Sophomore Team this year, Was the first rookie in history to recieve the Sixth Man of the Year award, and got 27 points on Three Pointers without missing. Kobe can't even do that now, lol

But the point I was making earlier about the 7th seed wasn't about rankings. It was the fact that they had young newbish players with a worse winning record, especially against the Heat, the Heat ***** the Bulls most the season. And still came together and did better than the Pistons who did amazing for the past like 3 years, Nets who have star calibur players, and got MOLESTED by The Heat, and about on Par with what The Mavericks did.

Just imagine what will happen once the youngings get experience, along with the arguably best defensive player in the NBA? Not to mention the two rookies we got look like they will do some damage. And rookies seem to do great in Chicago, and even though The Heat will most likely dominate this year, you never know. Look at the Timberwolves, a couple years ago they had the #1 record in the league and now they are barely in the top twenty, lol
I'm still rootin for Detroit, they have a Dynasty on there hands, even though losing Ben Wallace might mess 'em up a little, they'll still dominate.

And lastly there is such a thing as having TOO many "fantastic" players

*cough*New York Knicks*cough*

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
yeah he looks like him. the people you both call dad....ARE NOT YOUR DADS!! lol. i think its funny how nomatter who we talk about hyper-link you can somehow relate them to chicago players lol. i can't even knock you because your right. the whole shaq and ben comparison. ben is valuable because of his defense. he's a showstopper without question. shaq brings offense...sometimes.. and is an awesome leader who all his players of his team respect. im not too sure we can say the same about ben only because he admitted a few times last year that he wasn't playing and contributing like he should. not to say hell do the same thing this yr but who knows. ben is realllllllly good and all but to compare him to kobe.. i dontttt know. lol. kobe brings to the game something alot of players couldn't dream of and even though ben is really talented i don't know if im ready to compare him to kobe yet.

oh yeah and being in the west DOES SUCK.so many high powered teams it sucks. even if we do make the playoffs we would be playing against very dangerous teams. i wish we never changed divisons, we would have been goooooood in the east. its cool though that will just make our players work harder to get where we need to go.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, ya Kobe's better now, I'm comparing the YOUNG Kobe. Lol, I didn't know NO got changed to the West, lol. Yea, but hey The West thinks they are great, but who won 2 of 3 championships last 3 years? Pistons and Heat

Who won the West vs. East face off? EAST

LOL, WE OWN!

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i have no clue when we start i need to check nba.com and see whats up with it. i've been so wrapped up in the nfl like i love it. i cant wait to see my NO boys killlllllllllll teams.. we are in the west and all but i mean its whatever i think we could be top 5 teams in west...maby lol if i pray hard enough lol

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
2k7 is awesome man.

I wish they had changed more from 2K6 but it's still great. ESPECIALLY if you have a XBox 360. I wish I had that one, it's **** near perfect. i played it at the store before I boguht the XBox version

Both of them are great, but if you have a 360 or are getting a PS3 soon, 2K7 is the way to go, it's amazing

I didn't know Hornets got Peja Stojavic too, man you guys stealing ALL the players!

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
omg bro I TOLD YOU THAT LIKE A MILLION TIMES!!!! lol readddddd my past posts lol. geeeeeeez yeah man us hornets aint a game nomore we got a ton of talent on the team and off...byron scott.. we may not win a chip but we will have respect for a while. GO HORNETS!! OHHH and you might make me convert to a 2k7 but i realized i havent played video games ina long time.. like all ive been doin is football,hw,bass,girlfriend.... i dunno my video game playing has reached like a serious stop.. anyway thanks fro the info on 2k7 bro

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Oh man you better get back on gaming real soon

I heard if you don't continue gaming ESPECIALLY basketball gaming, then your wang will fall off

And you can't be "doing" football or "doing" your girlfriend(lol) with your wang fallen off

But ya, I'm sure you got a job, so get a 360 and buy 2k7, it's so amazing man. They even got Peja's unique shot in the game. They also got Tayshaun prince's uniqueu left handed shot in it. They got Ben Gordon's cool as jumper too

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah ur right i definetly cant do mah gurl without my wang.... lol.. see i got ps2.. only game i've played recently has been madden. but 2k7 i'll check it out. i liked 2k6 for 360 that was hot. i like xbox but im not sure its gunna match ps3... i'll check em out.. yoooooo what rating or ratings did they give my hornets in the game??

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Hmmmm, I don't have the Game on right now, but tomorrow I'll tell ya alright?

Tyson Chandler has a 86 in Blocking which is pretty good. Peja is a beast at Shooting Three's. desmond Mason got like a 96 in dunking, but on PS2/Xbox, they only give the cool/best dunks to super stars like Kobe and Vince Carter

But on the 360, OMG every good dunker can fly, lol. They even got cool new layups for people like Kirk Hinrich and Chris Paul who can't dunk. And the crossovers and passes are sick

But ya that desmond Mason think made me mad. Ya see on they have this generic dunk that they give to people like Ginobli or Ben Gordon or Allen iverson who don't really dunk. So i pick the Hornets and I'm all like **** desmond Mason got a **** 96, and then I do a dunk and it's the generic dunk they give to the weak dunkers. The same thing with Thabo sefolosha on the Bulls(90 in Dunking). I was like NOOOOOOOOOO

But you wouldn't need to worry cuz you'll most likely play the 360 version. I need one as soon as possible along with the Wii.

I also wish they brought hoopin games to the Wii also

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, dude I dunno, but The Bulls had like a 65 overrall in 2K5, and they had Ben gordon, Hinrich, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Antonio Davis, and Andres Nocioni.
Lol as long as your players are good usually the Game ratings don't mean much

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I saw a commercial yesterday on ESPN and The Hornets beat some team i forgot who, they showed Tyson Chandler blocking this guy, OMG it was magnificent, he got 2 blocks and one flew all the way out of bounds.

And my Bulls served the Wizards of Course, even though the stars on both teams didn't play. they were kinda testing the capabilities of the Bench players to see who will get the most minutes this season. OMG Ben wallace was ****** them dude. And surprisingly Luol Deng was the leading scorer

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if i could find that on nba.com or maby youtube?? hmmm im just happy that my team looks like were back to playoff calibur...at least we should be anyway.. can't wait to the season starts!!!

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Ya, all the underdog teams look like they are ready to ****

And I actually got Cable this year, so I can actually watch most of the games instead of like 30 somethin, lol

Man I'm Thirsty as hell for October 31st when they play The Heat

Edit: Dude The Hornets lost yesterday, I forgot the team. But the first team they beat were the Mavericks, and that's a BIG accomplishment

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
it isssssss the mavs.... geez we lost? well i dont expect an undefeated season by anymeans.. but its nice to know that we handled the western conference champs... considering we are in the west! lol... we'll continue to rock i gaurentee it! how your bulls doing?

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, dude The Bulls are still undefeated right now. They just beat the Spurs last night 99-68. Both teams didn't really use their starters after the 2nd quarter, but still my Bulls were ****** them

They are 4-0:laugh:

Looks like The Bulls might be the next champions just like my BEARS!

lol, Chi Town rocks

Dibs

Smash Lord
Hahaha Timberwolves... when will they ever return to greatness?... If they ever were there, that is. (Since when was Ricky Davis on the Twolves? I must have forgotten.) Go Bulls. The underdog teams this year look to be taking over.

Dibs

Smash Lord
They already won one championship.. The Bulls are in for a takeover.... I hope. Gordon hopefully will step up. Plus Big Ben, it's gonna be good. Wade = Injury this year most likely in the post season. Watch.

Top Bottom