• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official NBA/Basketball/Hooping Thread

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Oh ya of course. Francis and Quenton to name even more.
Hmmm, I think they'll win at least 40 games this year though. Just like the Bulls, the year i started really watching them(2004-2005). they made it to the playoffs for the first time since Michael jordan. Which made me wonder what the **** they were doing the past 6 years!!!!!

And it's weird cuz when I started watching they only gained Gordon, Luol and Nocioni

But they still had Curry, Chandler, Hinrich, etc. They even had Jamal Crawford and Jalen rose back in 2003, and STILL couldn't make it.

I'm glad I didn't watch back then
Maybe I got the magic spectator blood in me

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
im a new yorker and i hate the knicks.. its to a point where i watch them get blown out and feel so good like yessss they lost but i also feel bad because they suck so much....BUT HEY MY NEW ORLEANS/ OKLAHOMA CITY HORNETS ARE GOING TO BE NICCCCE. but yeah the bulls have a ton of young talent, they work hard and cant compete with alot of the teams in the nba. they'll be in the playoffs this year i have no doubt in your bulls hyper-link

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, It was kinda like that with Bulls. except if I was in new York i'd still be behind that. iroot for the hometown no matter what, even when my own classmates are like, THE BULLS SUCK, and i still stick up for em, now they wanna come crawling bak. But ya ever since Chandler left i became an automatic Hornets fan, so I'll prolly do a season with them in 2k7, lol

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I got NBA 2k6, i thought he was just gonna be decent, but the man got a 91/100 in shotblocking. So I looked at his stats on the game and on the internet and the man had 140 BLOCKS for the 2004-2005 seasons. That's up there with Shaq and Yao Ming and them

them other years he only had like 50-90 or whatever.
but ya he improved a lot. He ain't a scorer, but he's best abilities, is blocking, REBOUNDs, OMG the ***** is a giant, and also alley oops and tip ins

Which is like the only time he scores, lol

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
oh wow my view of him was way off i thought he would bring offense to the table but i guess not. im impressed with the blocks though that'll help us out alot downlow. the rebounds i figured he would do i knew he had a good rep for a reason. he'll catch alot of alley oops from chris paul i think and 3's peja doesnt make he could tip those in lol.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, ya Tyson ain't no scorer, but you never know. He's career high was like 26 points once though.

Plus, I heard one of the reasons he was traded was because Ben wallace ain't a scorer either, and there ain't no point in having two non scorers in the game.
Even though that was stupid cuz if they had Wallace and Tyson at the same time, they definatly have the #1 defense in the NBA like they did last year

I dunno how they did it so well last year though, lol

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
see thats good you know about your team because i didnt know they had the number 1 defense in the nba. thats interesting. i knew that with ben they really didnt need tyson but i thought they got rid of tyson simply because they wanted ben to be the big dog big man lol. but hey im very VERY grateful for tyson. thanks chicago for our new starting center who will be apart of a dangerous team that reeks havok in the west. thank you thank you lol

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Yup they did. I couldn't even believe it.

it was actually specifically, the opponents FG percentage.
Like out off all teams seasons, The Bulls for some reason made their opponents miss more of their shots for the 82 games, than the other teams that year.

They emphasized it when The Heats started their run to the Championship.

Isn't it weird, how The Mavericks are like the top team in the West and only won TWO games, The Pistons best in the East only BARELY beat the Heat twice, and just coudn't get it together, even with their all-star players, and the New Jersey Nets who were number 3 seed, only beat the heat, ONCE. With all their stars on the team

Yet the Bulls who were #7 Seed, did better against the Heat than all the other teams did in the playoffs, without any superstars, and it was just the first round.
And Dwayne was missing alot of his shots against the Bulls, even kirk HINRICH, blocked Wade twice in a row in the 1st game.

So ya, with Ben wallace, and our NEW PF Tyrus Thomas(HE'S THE NEXT ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, lol)
I think the defense gonna be even better

And ya your welcome, but....

Now no one on the Bulls looks like ME!:urg:

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
And click here

it shows the final 12 man roster for the USA Basketball team, and Kirk made the cut!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

And when you look at all the good players that didn't make it, that says something
Also the next game is saturday on ESPN2, it shows the time on the page

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
oh yeaaah i seen the game against korea.. that was kill. i like that the USA team mixed it up with the veterans and young all stars on the team. i think it benefits the players like Paul and Hinrich to become better more experienced players.

the thing with the Bulls doing better than anyother team i think its because they matched up very well against the Heat. both teams have big mean.. chandler being the defender he is was able to control Shaq. and dwade having all the speed and power he has was matched up well with people with speed like ben gordon and kirk and other young players of the bulls. i think they matched up the best when dealing with the heat. its all about match ups bro.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I can't believe all the USA games are being broadcasted at 6:30 AM!!!!!

The next FOUR GAMES!!!
I can barely wake up before 10:00 Am during the summer, lol

Ya the Bulls are usually good matchup against the heat

I JUST GOT NBA STREET V3 yesterday, OMG THAT GAME IS AMAZING.

I'M DOING ALL KINDS OF SUPER DUNKS WITH GORDON AND CHANDLER, LOL

I wish my Gamestop had the Gamecube version though.... Then I could serve Kobe bryant as Mario and Luigi

Now that's pawnage!!!11!!!!

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i cant watch crap for the next 2 weeks. today was the 1st day of practice.. doubles.thursday we hit triples... im up at 6 to be at school for 7. but thats to go outside and run and hit and run some more. i wish i could see some games though. times like this i miss playing basketball lol

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
lol i play football because i was kinda recruited. my school seen my basketball abilities and my body and one of my coaches asked me to play. thats why i play. its cool though gets ya body in killer shape. and its nice layin people out. i love chess though im pretty good at it.

WOT

Smash Apprentice
it's really too bad the US is good again
now it's gonna be boring
i mean who wants to watch a game in which the US team scores 50+ fastbreak points
no thanks

WOT

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah good point. but i mean hey can't complain about us being awesome it would be nice to see some sort of competition though
argentina is pretty much the only real threat to us since we've already beaten italy
those guys ginobili and delfino can ball
seriously

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Ya but Italy were amazing. They nearly beat USa, when every other team be getting *****. Plus italy was the only other team besides US that was undefeated.

But ya I know argentina is good. ESPECIALLY since they have Chicago Bulls MVP Andres Nocioni, lol. You may think I'm just bragging, but he's really doing amazing. In Argentina's last game Nocioni shot 9 shots without missing including 5 threes and 4 long twos during the game. lol, he's like the Carmelo Anthony of Argentina or something

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
impressive very impressive indeed lol. i think i heard of him though yeah im pretty sure i did. hes nice i want to seem them play US. seems as if they match up well. italy and argentina are the closest countries to america when talking about basketball. i wish there were more teams out there that had awesome teams that could make the world games more interesting. im tired of seein US wins by 1000 everyday.

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
that would be awesome for more african teams. i liked seein teams from africa and the west indies during the world cup. not only because im black but because africa is such a huge continent they should have alot more teams competing for world titles. i think the only thing holding them back is the internal wars and poverty. if africa as a continent had some of the advantages we have here in the US i think more teams from Africa would be able to compete at way higher levels than they do now.

WOT

Smash Apprentice
you've only noticed nocioni now?
it would appear as though you missed last years nba playoffs

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, Nocioni was **** beast in last years playoffs. And strangely was even better in 2004/2005's playoffs. he just turns MVP during that time, he'd be better known if they'd just made it past round 1. but hey, they gave Shaq and Wade more of a run for their money than the Pistons, Nets, and even the MEGA ALLSTAR Mavericks

And they are just a "rookie" team who had like 7th seed

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
all this chicago talk, i wonder how good they will be this year with ben though. i think they could be the biggest improvement in the east not because of ben but because of the young players getting better

WOT

Smash Apprentice
lol, Nocioni was **** beast in last years playoffs. And strangely was even better in 2004/2005's playoffs. he just turns MVP during that time, he'd be better known if they'd just made it past round 1. but hey, they gave Shaq and Wade more of a run for their money than the Pistons, Nets, and even the MEGA ALLSTAR Mavericks

And they are just a "rookie" team who had like 7th seed
goes to show that drafting effectively can net some notable results
all this chicago talk, i wonder how good they will be this year with ben though. i think they could be the biggest improvement in the east not because of ben but because of the young players getting better
so you're saying that the single best defensively-inclined center in the league (world?) won't help the chicago bulls as much as a few unevaluated prospects will?

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
well no and yes i guess lol. like i know ben is an awesome defender. hes strong and veryyyyy athletic. but i mean if chandler was such a good defender and they did what they did last year i think the people around ben would do more for the bulls than just ben. he will have a strong impact but i dont think single handedly he will change the team.

WOT

Smash Apprentice
well no and yes i guess lol. like i know ben is an awesome defender. hes strong and veryyyyy athletic. but i mean if chandler was such a good defender and they did what they did last year i think the people around ben would do more for the bulls than just ben. he will have a strong impact but i dont think single handedly he will change the team.
changing a team's center has a very significant effect on the overall dynamic of that team you know
moreso than you'd think

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
You guys are both right. Even though Tyson is my *****, ben wallace is a better player than him. I believe even Eddy Curry was an overrall better player(This was before Tyson improved), Eddy Curry got like 16 points a game, and good defend just like Tyson. He'd do alley oops and get rebounds and all that, and I know that if Luol and Eddy weren't both injured they coulda whooped the wizards in last year's playoffs.

But at the samwe time, look at what happened to the Knicks. Bulls lost Eddy and even though they were still overrall better team, their record was lower than the previous year And the Knicks got a GREAT center, and a few other star-calibur players, and did SO MUCH WORSE. So even getting a tar player, might not clash with other players, get along with Scott Skiles strategies, chemistry, etc

But since Ben already likes Skiles better than the Pistons coach, which is why he even signed with the Bulls, and Hinrich and the Bulls are very unselfish I feel the chemistry will be great, and Wallace will get along with everyone excpet maybe Pargo or one of the bench type people.

And he IS Ben Wallace, lol. He was my favorite center before he was even on The Bulls, lol. So I'm pretty sure Nocioni's experience in Argentina(The man shot 5 THREES and 4 jumpers without missing!), Hinrich's unselfish play on the USA team(I wish he'd get a little more selfish0, Luol, Ben gordon's improved play, new star rookies like Tyrus Thomas(Think young ben wallace/Edddy Curry type player), and ben wallace to multiply their defense

I smell a Third Round Playoff berth

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i think ur nose might be telling u the truth, sounds like u did ur homework bro. i think u could be very right. seasons only a few months away we'll see how dem chi-town boys do lol

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
that sux how they lose to greece?????????!!!! too bad but na i aint hear about it i've been addicted to madden 07.... i created myself.....i was drafted to the cardinals.....best tight end ever!!! lol

Top Bottom