• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Midwest Power Rankings

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In loving memory of Vro. May he RIP in Peace.

Current Rankings (12/29/2012-11/24/2013)

Power Rankings List:
1. Kirk - Waukegan, IL - :bowser2:
2. Oro?! - Geneva, IL - :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight:
3. Strong Bad - Lee’s Summit, MO - :dk2: :warioc:
4. Kels - Chicago, IL - :fox: :sheik: :falco:
5. VaNz - Akron, OH - :peach: :zerosuitsamus:
6. metroid - Chester, IL - :charizard: :ike:
7. Scythe - Chicago, IL - :wolf:
8. DSF - Chicago, IL* - :metaknight:
9. Rat -Chicago, IL - :wolf:
10. Ally - Mt. Morris, MI* - :ike:
11. ORLY - DeKalb, IL - :bowser2: :falcon: :fox:
12. Shady - East Lansing, MI - :ivysaur:
13. Trail - South Bend, IN - :ganondorf: :bowser2:
14. Arty - Chicago, IL - :ganondorf:
15. Shaeden - Farmington Hills, MI - :falco:

Note: Players within a generally close radius of Chicago were grouped in Chicago. ORLY, Oro?! and Kirk live far enough outside of Chicago to not be considered Chicago for the purposes of this PR, despite interacting most with the Chicago scene.
*DSF and Ally have since moved from the MW to California and Canada respectively, but they lived in the MW for long enough to be considered for the PR.

Panelists:
Juushichi, metroid1117, Oro?!, Rat, and Strong Bad

Mission Statement:
To accurately rank players in the Midwest and show the growth of our scene. To inspire improvement, promote competition, and encourage the creation of a better Project M scene here in the Midwest.

Ranking Criteria:
A lot of things go into how players are ranked, here are a few of the considerations:
• Who you beat and lost to in brackets as well as tournament placings. Regionals are more important than locals. Consistency.​
• Little to no consideration is given for version differences after updates to the game. Adaptation to changes is and will for the near future be a tested skill.​
• Personal opinion.​

Ranking Eligibility:
A player is eligible to be ranked on this Power Ranking if the following criteria are met:
• 1 tournament every 3 months on average. For this period, that amounts to 3-4 tournaments.​
• At least 3 months as a Midwest resident during the ranking period.​
"Residency" is defined as living in one of these states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, or Wisconsin.

Tournament Eligibility:
• At least 12 entrants​
• $5 or more entry fee​
• Either take place in the MW or feature at least 3 MW players​

[collapse=Tournaments Used WIP]
SWEET IX: Winter Opener
RAIN
Give me a few days and I'll update this list.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Notable W/L records WIP]
Give me a few days and it'll be posted here.
[/collapse]

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I should get an honorary mention considering I got top 16 at a regional when I don't even have anyone to play this game with. and I play a bad character apparently

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ripple doesn't make it out of pools at Chicago locals. Kappa

I make top 10 every tournament I enter and I'm not on this >_>.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm gonna get on this thing. When I move to Vernon Hills **** is gonna start happening. Watch out.

kirkq

Smash Ace
I think this list is alright given the lack of consistent player showings to tournaments. All you can really do is use the best data set provided and try to make some sense out of it. If anything, it will hopefully give people some motivation to start showing up.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd JV 5 stock half the nerds on the list and all the nerds who think they should be on the list.

Clarification for noobs: I'm not Kirk the Bowser player.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Ya'll going to the EXP Sat. tourney?

The British have infiltrated your regional zone to tell you that everyone on this list is free
Tell that Alpha dash to buffer rolls on snake's d-throw or something!

I'm gonna get on this thing. When I move to Vernon Hills **** is gonna start happening. Watch out.
Hell yeah, join my streams then

I think this list is alright given the lack of consistent player showings to tournaments. All you can really do is use the best data set provided and try to make some sense out of it. If anything, it will hopefully give people some motivation to start showing up.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd JV 5 stock half the nerds on the list and all the nerds who think they should be on the list.

Clarification for noobs: I'm not Kirk the Bowser player.
Were you the ROB/Mario I played while I was playing Diddy?

kirkq

Smash Ace
I don't think I've ever played against a Diddy outside of friends messing around. I'll be at EXP though playing PM all day Saturday; I'd be down with learning some new matchups.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want to MM everyone on this list.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I'm a bit surprised Hylian isn't on as well.

metroid1117

Smash Master
There were a lot of players who didn't constantly travel to other regions, so it was difficult (for me, at least) to accurately place people outside the top 9 using win/loss results alone.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't think I've ever played against a Diddy outside of friends messing around. I'll be at EXP though playing PM all day Saturday; I'd be down with learning some new matchups.
Oops, think the guy was named Al. See ya at EXP

Rat

Smash Lord
There are a lot of strong players that aren't on this list. Especially considering this covers the entire midwest. That's a lot of corn.

Also RIP in peace Vro.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I'm gunning for all you scrubs.

The only Darkhorse entry to knock them down.

Top Bottom