• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
My preference is

1. Megaman bosses
2. Castlevania
3. 90's Cartoons

AND ABSOLUTELY NO ANIME
You're seemingly unexcused disgust for anime or anime being on the panel pics is incredibly hard to understand when you still have your avatar set as Chiaotzu on Nappa, and ready to self destruct...

THuGz

Smash Lord
DBZ is hardly anime, unless you watch it uncut in Japanese...

don't get me wrong, DBZ is my favorite show.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see how watching a dubbed anime makes it any less of an anime... the defining point is the art style and/or place of origin, which other than censoring of blood is unchanged in the translation.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If we end up doing Castlevania...someone link me some characters that might fit my tastes..I know very little about the series..though the one I did to completion was legit as hell.

:phone:

THuGz

Smash Lord
The point is that the only English dubs that they did were for television/american children in general so they cut out a lot of good content as well as dumbed down what they were actually saying. Yeah a dub doesn't make it bad but in the case of DBZ the dubbed version is exclusively cut.

fZk

Smash Lord
You're seemingly unexcused disgust for anime or anime being on the panel pics is incredibly hard to understand when you still have your avatar set as Chiaotzu on Nappa, and ready to self destruct...
I don't hate anime although I do hate the idea of anime for the PR list just because it's the same thing that they've been doing for years. Also I don't watch any anime so I would have no idea who or what the characters are.

The only anime I've ever watched was DBZ in spanish which predates the english dub and it's a direct translation from the japanese plus it's uncensored. The only thing that they changed was Chi Chi's name because chichis mean **** in mexican and central american slang.

THuGz

Smash Lord
How does it prove your point? I said that the only way you can call DBZ an anime is if you watch the japanese uncut version. A dub doesn't mean an anime is worse by any means, but, like I said, for DBZ specifically, it is.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like saying the only way you can call a pizza an actual pizza is if you got it from Italy, and that pizza anywhere else isn't bad, but it's still not real pizza either.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm with THugz on this one, aren't you supposed to be smart?

Also, don't do mega man bosses, it would be blasphemy (unless you made me an honorary panelist).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Admittedly my very first DBZ PR image was a pretty amateur effort and probably only got as positive of a feedback as it did because it was the first of its kind.

ZTD | TECHnology

The Season 3 PR:

0: Ally
1. Lain
2. Azure Kenny
3. Sparta Kick
4. Bowyer
5. Tutu
6. Oblivion
7. fZk
8. Tech_Chase

We were in debate about counting GS2 even before it happened but we decided not to in the end. This is why Ragequaza isnt on the list. PzO did good last BAMF but mediocre the tournamentt before. Due to the fact I am the only person that isn't Lain who entered eveery tournament this season and still maintained a solid record I was voted over PzO. We looked at overalL consistency as well.

ZTD | TECHnology

Also Ally was pretty much a Michigan resident for the first half of the PR so he has the 0 spot. This PR is the first time the panelists have all agreed on something and managed to avoid a big argument lmao.

Congratz to all the ranked people this season!

fZk

Smash Lord
Can I see what went into ranking Oblivion higher than me? I think I outplaced him at most of the major tournaments we coincided including a 2-0 win against him in BAMF 2.

I'm assuming he may have had bigger wins than me and I did had some bad loses, not trying to start anything just curious.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
LOL whoever was saying Dubbed anime isn't anime is ********. I'll agree that in most cases it's worse, but that doesn't make it not anime rofl. That's like taking a rock song and having a cover play it. It's probably worse than the original, but it's still rock LOL.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
:fuuu:

people are wanting different themes, lain what did you mean by medley?

But yeahhh I'm just gonna go with Castlevania unless someone comes up with a theme that we all can unanimously agree on.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It only works if the person doing the picture knows how to execute it well.

fZk

Smash Lord
why does it have to be characters? Has anyone ever made a list using inanimate objects? Like mustaches, types of pies or chairs or something like that (but actually good).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh come on King Beef, everyone knows Kuriboh is the best character in the series.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The reason I don't approve, is because I am envisioning this to be kinda ugly.

I guess it will work though and I'll really work hard to make it look sexy as **** lololol.
So everyone who is on the list send me a text, pm, vm, or post here for your preferred character or something.

But I'd rather have a theme >_> makes image hunting easier.

Top Bottom