• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Every theme suggested in this thread is guaranteed to not be the theme, chill the **** out ya'll the PR will come out in the beginning of January, which is 2 months away, ya'll acting like its coming out next week or something.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Every theme suggested in this thread is guaranteed to not be the theme, chill the **** out ya'll the PR will come out in the beginning of January, which is 2 months away, ya'll acting like its coming out next week or something.
Fruits Basket PR for you or something else that was in your really long-*** name way back when.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
as true as this is, we wanna know what our theme should be, idk if Ankoku will want to make the new PR, but I will volunteer to make the new image for us. So knowing what the theme is ahead of time is nice. It gives the graphic artist time to look for good quality images and how they want to design the PR.

My vote is for the Disney actor/pop stars
- Lain, Judge Anther are The Jonas Brothers
- L_Cancel is ???
- Boxxy is Selena Gomez
- SK is ???
- Tutu is ???
- Kenny is this guy from Corey in the House
- Flame is definitely gonna be either Zack or Cody from the Suite Life
- Coco is ???

TheMann

Smash Ace
Cereal Mascots!! I wanna be the Lucky Charms guy! lol

Lain Anther Judge are Snap Krackle and Pop DUHHHHH.

And whoever is fail can be the Trix rabbit. That dude never even gets to eat his own cereal XD.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Fruits Basket PR for you or something else that was in your really long-*** name way back when.
Zero'sInfiniteLuckBasketofMysteriousMagicalMelancholiesPertainingtoOneShiningSailorShugoSniperFullMoonTutuofAllTradesYetMasterofNone imo

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Let me propose we use my old control scheme for the PR

Lain is Y grab... Anther is L special... Jason is c-stick... I would be Bjump...

SWF Mobile the best, press edit= new reply, I feel ya

Rizk18

Smash Lord
8 entrants to become tourney ranked? how stupid is that, at least make the minumum entrants 12 or 14 for ranking for each tourney,8 is much too low,i could gather a few of my friends andd have that

Tewx2

Smash Ace
But beating a few of your friends aka unknown and not notable wins isn't going to get you much consideration on the PR...

Tewx2

Smash Ace
But there were notables there. The placings aren't gonna be taken too strongly into consideration, however wins and losses are a constant.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay breakdown:

That fact that SK beat L twice in tournament even though it was a small tournament is a significant event that shouldnt be overlooked. I mean while the tournament was very small the collection of skilled people and the events that happened should be looked at. No one is saying "OMG SPARTA KICK JUST CLUTCHED #3 ON THE PR!!!!!!!" but he did do something impressive.When the overall skill level of the participants was like it was at Backstage we should look at it. It wont hold as much emphasis as getting 2nd at Gameyard II for example because there were way more people but you should get the point.

Risk the Panel knows what they are doing. If you have questions feel free to ask us just make sure your questions are educated. Our criteria is in depth and strict. And consistency is a very large factor when looking at several tournaments.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Beating some1 twice proves that he can beat him. If it had been two different tournies, then it would mean more, but beating some1 twice in the same tourny means just as much as beating that person once.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The only thing that will matter for Ludington is that SK beat L_Cancel. Because really that is all that happened. SK's performance at Gameyard gives immediate note to him beating L_Cancel. For anything else (Specifically Roller > Tutu since I feel it might be brought up), those results have to be demonstrated again to hold any bearing. Otherwise the tournament was to small to matter much, since even the big shocker (SK) only played a total of 3 people at the tournament. Small means no consistency.

And the overall skill level was not somehow high or hard. It was just small.

There will probably be 8 people ranked, with no honorary mentions. There might be an inactive list, but that would just be to mention that Judge still lives here.

Roller

Smash Legend
Oh, don't you worry Kevin. Me vs tutu will happen again. You saw that little MM we had last night. ;]

lol, But yeah, I think Rizk understands what you guys are saying. I think it's mainly because he really wants to be on the pr/hm, and wasn't able to attend that is causing him to get annoyed.

lol@the judge comment

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I am saying this without bias or trolling:
roller>tutu is false imo because roller<rizk without trolling and he can tell you what happened with our 5-7 friendlies at gameyard. just because it was friendlies and not tourney doesnt make it any less, just sayin. and imo me and tutu are even which means hes better then roller. ik people are gona say im just talking out of my a**,but im not

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Friendlies don't get taken into consideration.

Pretty much because

Person A: I ***** Person B in Friendlies

Person B: I was Sandbagging

PR Panelists: **** it friendlies dont count

scenario two

Person A: I Beat Person B in Friendlies

Person B: Nuh uh I beat Person A in friendlies

PR Panelist: **** it friendlies don't count

Basically its near impossible to monitor friendlies, and theres no way to prove they weren't sandbagging. You can sandbag in tourny, but theres more of an incentive to win, so its less likely. Also Tourny's have results that can't be disputed.

A PR isn't necessarily based on Sheer ability in this game, its based on how well you place. It's a fairly good indicator of skill, but its not absolute.

Roller

Smash Legend
Still have to do that ICs vs Pika mm, rizk. =P

UNIMPORTANT PART OF POST
Also, I don't really get what you're saying rizk. I have beaten tutu in 2 MMs and a tourney set. You've beaten me in a few friendlies (you never used pika btw, I want dat pika) on a day when I was dropping cg's at an uncharacteristically high rate. Plus although I don't "sandbag" in friendlies, there is definitely more of a drive to do well in me when in tourney or even in a MM (though more so in tourney).

And tutu has told me he's beaten your pika in tourney... with straight up sheik (aka no zelda switch). I've never lost to tutu's straight up sheik, he has to use zelda when at cg percents to have a shot vs me.

So basically off the data vs tutu which is what you're using. In my favor I have a tourney win including a 3 stock, as well as multiple MM wins. You have never beaten him in tourney and have at least one loss to him to my knowledge; and idk if you've ever MM'd but if you have I don't think you've won because you probably would have brought it up in your post.

In your favor you have... some wins during friendlies. I don't see how that equates to you being better.

IMPORTANT PART OF POST
Just because you can beat someone doesn't mean you're better than them. I never claimed I was BETTER than Tutu. Sure I can beat him, but he obviously does better vs the greater number of people, and THAT counts way more than how he does vs one single player.

I do not think what I have done as of yet justifies putting me on the PR, and I don't think you should be campaigning for it either. There are 8 spots as of now.

Just take these players: anther, lain, SK, L_cancel, Boxxy, tutu, the mann, wtp, flame, coco, judge (if he ever shows). I'm not saying those are the only ones in contention by any means, but how many of just those listed potential candidates do you truly feel you are better than? Do not tell me you are better than 3-4 of those players. You simply haven't done anything to lead anyone to believe that yet. Neither have I.

I would recommend beating more solid players (such as the ones mentioned above) before making claims that you are top 8 in the state.

I am not making this post to offend you, I don't mean to get you angry. I just want you to really look at some of the other top players in the state and sincerely ask yourself, have I done what it takes to show people I'm better than them. If you REALLY feel that you have, then by all means keep campaigning. But if not, I'd simply use it as motivation to keep practicing, continuing to improve, and then after you have some significant wins vs solid (top 10) players, and/or place in the top few spots of a tourney try to make your case again.

ZTD | TECHnology

In short people:

Get placements that matter.

Get them consistently.

Beat good people IN TOURNAMENT.

Let the PR Panel do its job and decide whether you meet the criteria.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
In short people:

Get placements that matter.

Get them consistently.

Beat good people IN TOURNAMENT.

Let the PR Panel do its job and decide whether you meet the criteria.

With that being said, I had better see Technical Chase and 2-2 on the PR, or else the wrath of an IN ZSS will come down on some *****.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm working on it, Sov lol I need to step it up another notch in my placements but I'm ready for the upcoming season. I've gotten much better and its showing. Hopefully I get PR'ed or HM'ed. All I can do is try my best.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
When I played Rizk I used Zelda for his entire first stock. And I believe that Rizk was confused because WTP posted Roller>Tutu to indicate that roller had beat me. I'm assuming Rizk took this as Roller is better than Tutu.

I don't appreciate being the basis of determining who is the better player though.

1. Because that's insinuating that I'm like the worst of the good players

2. Sets it up to make me a noteable win, even though I have no noteable wins myself questioning whether or not i should be a noteable win

3. I'm terrible at this game

Top Bottom