• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Crab-Meat

Smash Rookie
here ya go...

Thought it was appropriate...yup..pa....
Megaman is FAR from deconfirmed. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo would want the last 3rd party character underwraps until the Japanese release, Inafune can't just confirm him like that.

Just to let others know, I'm pretty so-so about Megaman in Brawl, but I feel that he deserves more than the other 3rd party characters suggested.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Okay...
Play Mega Man X6...
Beat it as Zero...
yeah...that is canon...
He is sealed before the war...reawakened...and resealed
Ciel didnt find Model W...
Serpent did...100 years later...
Ciel based hers on Model Z...and Model X...which she did find...
It is true that Models X and Z were found...not made...
The Guardians were converted into biometals...
This is real information...
It's stated that this was just a forshadow (read: retcon) to Zero's eventual departure from the X series prior to the conclusion of the Maverick Wars (Zero's body was studied for the creation of the Mother Elf, whose antivirus properties are notably similar to the Nightmare Virus' DNA rewriting) and during three of the four years of the Elf Wars where his copy body was made after Weil stole the Original Body to create Omega.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
blah, it seems as though every two to three pages in this thread there must be at least someone barging in and stating completely biased and unintelligent remarks regarding megamans inclusion of brawl even though this is "the official megaman in ssbb topic". anyways i was thinking about megamans buster shot in the game, there is the normal yellow shot, the medium charge, and maximum charge. they would implement that right i mean we all agree that mm should be able to move and shoot at the same time. just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether or not it should be like that or dare i say like samus being only able to charge and release??

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
im not sure if its true...cuz in wiki sites u can just edit the page and anyone can put anything just like wikipedia

but evrything in there is accurate to the dojo and the vids on youtube.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Maybe we should make a post in huge letters at the top of each page stating that we already know about the podcast and that posting about it is useless.

Anyways, of course Thunder Claw would be a recovery move, that's the only reason I bothered making that sprite. (Believe it or not, there is no Mega Man sprite of him shooting upwards)

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
It's stated that this was just a forshadow (read: retcon) to Zero's eventual departure from the X series prior to the conclusion of the Maverick Wars (Zero's body was studied for the creation of the Mother Elf, whose antivirus properties are notably similar to the Nightmare Virus' DNA rewriting) and during three of the four years of the Elf Wars where his copy body was made after Weil stole the Original Body to create Omega.
Ah...okay...
so X-X(?9-99?)...sleep...wake up...fight war...seal self...war starts again...Weil steals body...X's sacrifice...Zero games...
...right???

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
blah, it seems as though every two to three pages in this thread there must be at least someone barging in and stating completely biased and unintelligent remarks regarding megamans inclusion of brawl even though this is "the official megaman in ssbb topic". anyways i was thinking about megamans buster shot in the game, there is the normal yellow shot, the medium charge, and maximum charge. they would implement that right i mean we all agree that mm should be able to move and shoot at the same time. just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether or not it should be like that or dare i say like samus being only able to charge and release??
moving while shooting+the three stages of charging are musts. why pay money for the rights to a third party character just to make them similar to one they already have? it would be lazy character design if it were to happen.
Maybe we should make a post in huge letters at the top of each page stating that we already know about the podcast and that posting about it is useless.

Anyways, of course Thunder Claw would be a recovery move, that's the only reason I bothered making that sprite. (Believe it or not, there is no Mega Man sprite of him shooting upwards)
dont forget rush jet, tornado hold, rush coil, and other moves that in game actualy lifted him upwards. these could be implemented easier and be a little more effective if you ask me. but the thunder claw might work, but I would rather have rush coil or rush jet for classic megaman.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
MegaMan's franchise can be a swarm of AT's with him. So many many choices. Sigma, Chill Penguin, Vile, Zero .. etc...
vile would be awsome! comeing in in one of his ride armors or shooting opponents with his paralyzing blasts. zero would be great too if he doesnt come in as a X team up. IDK about chill penguin, sure he is one of the most memoribe mavericks, but still. sigma has alot of different forms to choose from and a whole slew of fighting styles too boot.

domriver

Smash Lord
vile would be awsome! comeing in in one of his ride armors or shooting opponents with his paralyzing blasts. zero would be great too if he doesnt come in as a X team up. IDK about chill penguin, sure he is one of the most memoribe mavericks, but still. sigma has alot of different forms to choose from and a whole slew of fighting styles too boot.
jeje on second thought make Vile a playable character. I think he would be great. I know his chances are like .000000001% but I think it would be nice.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
dont forget rush jet, tornado hold, rush coil, and other moves that in game actualy lifted him upwards. these could be implemented easier and be a little more effective if you ask me. but the thunder claw might work, but I would rather have rush coil or rush jet for classic megaman.
But how well would the coil and Tornado Hold work in the air? After all, the TH only activates upon touching a surface, as does the RC, whereas the Thunder Claw would work perfectly as a tether recovery.

Cless

Smash Champion
All tether recoveries are throws though or are at least not up b's (I'm not sure how the Rope Snake works). The Rush Jet and Coil would work fine. Sonic can make springs appear out of nowhere, why can't Mega Man? The Tornado Hold wouldn't work though. It doesn't make sense with the way the weapon works.

Also, I was just thinking how smart Wily and Light were. They made robots that no one could surpass even 200 years later.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, Light was way smarter than Wily. Wily made Bass and Zero by accident. Well, at least Bass. He might have refined Bass' structure into Zero. But still, Zero's awesome and still couldn't be handled 200 years later.

Cless

Smash Champion
No, Bass is an antagonist, and yes, Bass was made by Wily. You have to be a protagonist to be an anti-hero.

Bass is only an anti-hero in Mega Man and Bass.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Naw, the hardest platforming aspect is definitely the beginning of Gutsman's stage. Iceman's dissappearing platforms are cake.

But I guess I came from a Mario family, so none of it is a big deal.;)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i am talking about the flying part. the platforms are easy. they did not take too long to figure out. i just watched them for a bit and figured out the patter. but in the flying part there is a tiny pillar. you have to time the jump to the second and he slips off if you don't jump. yeah... i will get back on it soon

EDIT - sonic 3 was the game i played when i was young. i could do the game with my eyes closed

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I came from a beasting 1p games family so all fall before me.
OK. That makes no sense to me. Or do you mean "beating one player games no matter what company makes them" family? Or is Beasting some game I've never heard of?

EDIT: Hmm can't help you there. Don't even remember a flying part.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, in 7 and 8 he's with Wily.

Proto Man isn't really a protagonist though. He's just kinda there.
Yeah, he was kind of a tutor in Mega Man 7, telling you basic info or sometimes secrets. He was an anti-hero in Mega Man 3 though.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
hey error if vile gets in as AT which version of him do you think they'll use. the one from x-x3-or-x8, my choice is mk2 vile from x3

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
so i dont get it. isn't keiji inafune the original megaman designer? (i havent read through the 800+ pages in this thread), why is it that he says no one has asked him for the inclusion of megaman in brawl? does he own the rights to megaman or does capcom owns them? should sakurai actually have to ask HIM personally? because it doesnt really make sense to give an artist or an art director in capcom the rights to megaman. and im sure that if megaman will appear in brawl, the info would've kept secret throughout capcom's staff to prevent leaks...

Cless

Smash Champion
He designed Mega Man's character (hence, character designer); because even if they did ask and he knew about it, he wouldn't be able to say anything about it; Capcom does; no, he doesn't.

Top Bottom