• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
after beating mm6 again, i really hope they incorporate rush into his move set. In that game you fuse with rush and you get booster on your back. It allows you to fly for about 2-3 sec. You can also shoot while flying. Here is a pic,

I think this would make the perfect triple jump. it has good recovery and you can shoot while doing it to prevent edeguarding. Since we know pit can fly, why not Mega Man?
As much as I liked the Jet and Power adaptors from MM6, I think I liked the Super Adaptor from MM7 better. But either way, I think only the Megaman diehards would recognize them...I see the traditional Rush Jet being a better, more recognizable 3rd jump. Rush teleports in, flies MM around for a second or two (maybe with some player control?), then teleports out.

Maybe his final smash could be the fully upgraded Super Adaptor, if we're going for a more subdued, controllable transformation. If not, maybe a variant on the Hyper Megaman super from MVC2 would do :p

Whether it’s the serious Megaman X or the more light-hearted Megaman of old, Megaman would be the 2nd best choice for a 3rd party character. He’s an action hero who’s been with Nintendo since his genesis and, when matched with Mario, Sonic, and Snake, would add to create a quartet of gaming heroes unmatched in any game thus far. He could have his charged shot and pea shooter, and take a cue from Kirby–only his abilities could be different. If they really strove for it, they could make him an alternate version of Kirby, more or less. But how sweet it would be. We’ll see, Megaman, we’ll see…
Now there's an idea.

When Megaman KOs a character, he gains their B move (or some other similar move, since Megaman's copied weapons never seem to quite exactly match the original Robot Master's attack). But as true to every aquired weapon, he can only use it so many times, adding to the strategy.

Oh, and just because I've yet to post in this thread...MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
As much as I liked the Jet and Power adaptors from MM6, I think I liked the Super Adaptor from MM7 better. But either way, I think only the Megaman diehards would recognize them...I see the traditional Rush Jet being a better, more recognizable 3rd jump. Rush teleports in, flies MM around for a second or two (maybe with some player control?), then teleports out.

Maybe his final smash could be the fully upgraded Super Adaptor, if we're going for a more subdued, controllable transformation. If not, maybe a variant on the Hyper Megaman super from MVC2 would do :p

Now there's an idea.

When Megaman KOs a character, he gains their B move (or some other similar move, since Megaman's copied weapons never seem to quite exactly match the original Robot Master's attack). But as true to every aquired weapon, he can only use it so many times, adding to the strategy.

Oh, and just because I've yet to post in this thread...MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!
QFT. I agree completely with what you said. in fact if you look up my moveset in this thread , http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72247&page=16, you'll see i had the same ideas about the s. adapt from mm7, the rush jet for upB, and the fushion for a final smash. Another fs could be his giga crush/crash.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
QFT. I agree completely with what you said. in fact if you look up my moveset in this thread , http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72247&page=16, you'll see i had the same ideas about the s. adapt from mm7, the rush jet for upB, and the fushion for a final smash. Another fs could be his giga crush/crash.
Thanks, and nice work yourself :chuckle:

I have no idea what the odds actually are, but I sure think that the old school Megaman would be great for Brawl. Not that his newer iterations haven't been just as fun, or cooler, or whatever, but it's really the original Blue Bomber that screams classic Nintendo action.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
realistically i give mm a 75% chance. i feel that if Capcom asks Nintendo wont refuse. Also since he was on sakurai's poll that means he is aware of mm. No one knows how much he likes mm though so who knows if he would approach capcom asking for him.

it breaks down like this, 50% chance that capcom asks, which leaves a 50% chance they dont ask in which the only solution is for sakurai to ask in which i attribute a 50% (of the other 50%) probability. hence 50+25=75%

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
good math although you have to factor in other third party competition and the limited third party slots available which lowers his chances to anywhere from 60-65%

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
good point clark, ill give you the 60-65%. but i dont think 3rd parties like mm and sonic really have to compete. i think if their respective companies want them in then they will be too prominent to refuse. also remember we dont know exactly how many slots there are.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Whoa it's been like ages since I posted here and so bare with me if I am a little off topic.
My vote is for the OG Mega Man, why? We have not seen the REAL blue bomber in action for years...(AND NO, MEGA MAN POWERED UP DOES NOT COUNT)
I'd really like to see his move set resemble MvC's it was almost flawless IMO.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i don't think it's competition from within, but from other companies. people like geno, bomberman, simon belmount, chrono; these character are all competing for the 1or 2 third party slots are left, although megaman probably has the best chances out of all of them, with the exception of bomber who is about tied. i do think that it's more like 3 or 4 character slots for third parties, and if this is true then megaman has it in the bag

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
thank you blue, and i will support the blue bomber for brawl as long as he has a costume resembling the brown bomber.... and if bomberman also gets in

Stryks

Smash Hero
Whoa it's been like ages since I posted here and so bare with me if I am a little off topic.
My vote is for the OG Mega Man, why? We have not seen the REAL blue bomber in action for years...(AND NO, MEGA MAN POWERED UP DOES NOT COUNT)
I'd really like to see his move set resemble MvC's it was almost flawless IMO.
F'YEAH Mika is back! Guess I convinced her :p
Agree with Mika, adding any megaman that aint the original wouldnt make sense, if we add X people will go why not original, or legend, or Zero, or (in the kids opinion) why not the .exe one? But if they add the original people will go: Ok hes the original ok I guess...

Point is Original FTW, no other megaman deserves the shot more, and Mikas back, its win-win! :p

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
**** I have been missing out on this thread. I have some awesome music for a Megaman stage. After hearing Ridley Battle music on the Dojo I knew it would fit in perfectly. I hope no one else already posted this song (oh well, here goes!):

http://www.myspace.com/electroquarterstaff
(3rd Song in the box- Dr Wily)

The song is called "Dr. Wily" by the band "Electro Quarterstaff". It's the music from "Wily's Castle: Stage 1" in Megaman 2... or so it starts out... stay tuned, I'm sure you'll like what you hear!

EDIT:
Definitely something you can see yourself Brawling to!
(just thought I'd throw that in there)

Good luck, our little blue bomber! I hope you make the cut!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
sorry Dyce, i've suggested it before :), but hey great minds think alike don't they? This music would be SO freakin sick for Brawl!!! Its perfect battle music and gets my blood pummpin each time I hear it.

Great choice.

Teh Uber Parachuter

Smash Cadet
I am a HUGE supporter of Megaman for Brawl (along w/Sonic, Dedede, & Diddy, but I digress...). Personally, if he makes it in, I would want to see his MMX incarnation as the primary costume, but I'm pretty sure that he'll be in as classic Megaman. That said, I agree that the best way to address that issue is just a change of costume. However, in that same thought, Megaman is NOT Zero.

Megaman could have his classic, X, red (Protoman, NOT Zero), and black (Bass). Zero should be a character of his own (my choice) with a choice between his MMX version (the much better look), his MMZ look, and then two colors, one for each look. If not, he could be an AT...however, I would personally rather see him left out, than be an Assist Trophy.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I am a HUGE supporter of Megaman for Brawl (along w/Sonic, Dedede, & Diddy, but I digress...). Personally, if he makes it in, I would want to see his MMX incarnation as the primary costume, but I'm pretty sure that he'll be in as classic Megaman. That said, I agree that the best way to address that issue is just a change of costume. However, in that same thought, Megaman is NOT Zero.

Megaman could have his classic, X, red (Protoman, NOT Zero), and black (Bass). Zero should be a character of his own (my choice) with a choice between his MMX version (the much better look), his MMZ look, and then two colors, one for each look. If not, he could be an AT...however, I would personally rather see him left out, than be an Assist Trophy.
Uhh...Megaman isn't Protoman or Bass either. And MegaMan Zero IS Zero.

Teh Uber Parachuter

Smash Cadet
I said that to the effect that the costumes would look closer. If anything, Protoman is the closet to Megaman as far as costume, while Zero is the furthest of the three.

Also, I don't even want the MMZ incarnation in the game, but I do realize that if Zero does make it, that version will be there in some way.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I agree with your costume ideas Teh Uber, but whenever someone suggests X as an alternate costume it just doesn't make sense. It's a great idea, but think about their sizes. X is much bigger than the classic mega man, it wouldn't right to see X that short. plus, if you have someone wearing the regular costume and someone wearing the X one playing at the same time, it will be difficult to tell them apart.

I think Zero would be a perfect AT. sure i'd rather see him as playable, but chances are that wont happen. Maybe they could have X and Zero as a team AT called the maverick hunters. when they come out X runs one way blasting and zero runs the opposite way slashing :)

Or they could incorporate X into MM's final. once you get the smash ball and activate it classic mega man beams out and X beams in. Of course his stats would be way higher with a stronger faster buster with HIGH knockback......It'd be sort of like the Giga Boswer transformation.....

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Dyce:
Gotta love the song, MM2 is by far the best megaman game ever, and it has the best songs, dr wily and bubbleman stage song would be sick, also seeing how they got all of OoT songs in one, why not do the same for megaman??

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Does anyone know exactly how many Megaman games there are?

My friend say he doesn't want Megaman because he says he'd be to much like Samus, then later he say Dark Samus should be in................WTF!?

He would have a charge shot most definatly, other than that, his own moves, maybe even some with that awesome lightsaber... er.. Z Saber

Yea I prefer they keep with what they are doing and go with a mix of the character's most current looks. As long as it isn't Battle Network. I prefer then Megaman Zero look.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well megaman would loose allot of his most well known powers to keep him from being to close to either samus or link.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think megaman should be the only character from the megaman series. He's not exactly pure nintendo anymore and most of the new characters weren't made by nintendo. But yes i am for megaman but his movelist would be kind of dull :\

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
they should give megaman the version of him from captain n the gamemaster as an alt costume
So help me, if while playing Brawl I get the "NEWCOMER APPROACHING" silhouette and I'm introduced to Megaman upon hearing a raspy "Mega Hi!" I may just shoot someone.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Does anyone know exactly how many Megaman games there are?

My friend say he doesn't want Megaman because he says he'd be to much like Samus, then later he say Dark Samus should be in................WTF!?

He would have a charge shot most definatly, other than that, his own moves, maybe even some with that awesome lightsaber... er.. Z Saber

Yea I prefer they keep with what they are doing and go with a mix of the character's most current looks. As long as it isn't Battle Network. I prefer then Megaman Zero look.
a little bit over a hundred

i know you know already jester but tell your friend that mega man cant do the following: screw attack, morph ball, turn into zero suit samus, etc...

well megaman would loose allot of his most well known powers to keep him from being to close to either samus or link.
just counting the original series (without the gameboy games) alone there are 62 powers. He has plenty of powers (well known or not) to not be similar to link and samus. His powers would only be used for his B moves anyway, and he doesn't have a sword so he would be nothing like link in his moveset

they should give megaman the version of him from captain n the gamemaster as an alt costume
my reaction is the same as yoster. mega no lol

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
First off, I'm a supporter of MM being in SSBB.

With that being said...

I would like to know HOW exactly the makers (if MM does appear in SSBB) will make Megaman different from Samus. I'm afraid that it will be clone syndrome...

Just a question.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Is megaman female?
does megaman use the screw attack?
does megaman transform into morph ball and lay bombs?

also u think sakurai would go trought all the trouble from contacting capcom, triying to get rites to use megaman, and other megaman characters to use as ATs JUST so he can become a clone??

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Ah Okay. Dur, I is stupid-o....

What about his melee attacks though? I'm wondering how those would play out....Like would he punch and kick, would he use other weapons from other games or would all of his attacks be long range, making him COMPLETELY dependent on long range? I dunno, I'm just speculating.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is megaman female?
does megaman use the screw attack?
does megaman transform into morph ball and lay bombs?

also u think sakurai would go trought all the trouble from contacting capcom, triying to get rites to use megaman, and other megaman characters to use as ATs JUST so he can become a clone??
Not to mention their powers are diffrent, Megaman has actual forms instead of new weapons the entire time.

Also, Megaman EXE., Megaman X, Zero, Megaman Zero, Bass, Treble, Rush, Roll, Protoman, and Duo for AT FTW! Okay at least Protoman, Bass, Megaman X, Zero, and Megaman Zero as AT's, but hey you never know! ;) :) :psycho:

Top Bottom