• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zero better than megaman?... U kiddin right?... without the original NO megaman character would exist, and that counts for zero too...

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I think zero is better than megaman.. megaman is cool but i like zeros moves better from the games and zero looks cooler..

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i think zero is better... megaman is cool 2 but from the games i use to play i preferred zero maybe it willl change inside brawl

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I say Megaman is without a doubt the most respected capcom char. But when we talk about power lvls in megaman zero is stronger.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I say Megaman is without a doubt the most respected capcom char. But when we talk about power lvls in megaman zero is stronger.
Not true.

Mega Man X is literally a complete and utter swiss army knife of power. He can carry any number of his unique upgrades - Force Armor, Gaea Armor, Falcon Armor, Ultimate Armor, Blade Armor, Shadow Armor, for example - and the ability to absorb and gain the talents of those he defeats makes nearly unstoppable. What defense can be mounted against him, since he techincally possibly knows thousands of attacks?

The X in his name practically is algebraic: he is a complete and utter variable of power. He can change himself at will - with his various uprgraded armors and absorbed powers - and he can become as strong or as weak as he needs.

Zero, meanwhile, is more like Batman as Mega Man X is Superman. He's not very powerful, but his sheer flaming badassery makes him a tough opponent, and his japanese samurai-sword style Lightsword techinques make him good, but he's still no Mega Man.

Anyway, geek mode: OFF.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Megaman is SSBB would be really cool^^
maybe he would have also the technique to copy other things,if you have seen the earlier TV-Episodes^^
But I don´t think,that Zero is all stronger,although in the games he is often displayed stronger

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Megaman has all those armor upgrades and he still loses, while zero has never needed an upgrade and he's that strong so imagine if he had an upgrade? nuff said.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Megaman has all those armor upgrades and he still loses, while zero has never needed an upgrade and he's that strong so imagine if he had an upgrade? nuff said.
I, uh, don't get it.

You're saying that despite his armor upgrades, he still loses. Why do you say that? Who does he lose to? And why "imagine if zero had an upgrade?" If we're talking about the games themselves, he never did...so imagining it is just absurd.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
wait hasnt zero been killed 1 or 2 times in the x series?
he died in order to save x , the first to give X a fighting chance against vile, who had a mech, and the second in x5. and he keeps coming back. unfortunatelly, according to some people, he doesnt kick enough @$$ to beat X one on one. Just to point this out, this is one of those arguments that can go both ways, so its pointless to argue which is better, zero or x.

i completely agree with you though stryks, without the ORIGINAL megaman, none of them would be around. but they are arguing about x and zero now, but yeah, you're right. he has the better chance of getting in.

meh, either way, as long as a megaman character makes it in im happy.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
he wouldn't be back if X didnt collect the parts to rebuild him.
well, if its like that, x would be dead if zero didnt die to destroy the mech or the alternate ending to x2 (see what I mean? could go on for ever between the two.)
but yeah, as long as the ORIGINAL megaman makes it in i'm happy, would be more if zero made it in too, but the first is still good.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont see why zero should be added, I meanhes cool and all byut the gu doesnt deserve it, he only has 4 games (4 right?) on a nintendo platform, and cmon its the GBA... not only that his series has, like the original, X and legends series has stoped, and he doesnt have such a big fan base like the original megaman, where there are young and old school gamers in the fan base, all Im saying a lot of people prefer the original megaman over any otjher, hell X may have a shot but Im pretty sure if ANY megaman were to get in brawl its gonna be the original, not to mention sakurai himself said he prefers retro characters...

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
u ppl r right, zero vs megaman can go either way, lets just get back to the topic here.
Oh and........ the original megaman has the better chance :chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?
I guess I'm ok with it.

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?
I kinda like Megaman X.

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?
Zero, definitely

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?
MMZ, he has more weapons in MMZ as well.

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?
Nope, none other than some uber kaduber slash combo and maybe a few other weapons mixed in.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So Zero's trimonthly games mean nothing (I swear there's a new one like every 3 months, they mutliple like rabbits)?

Besides Zero > Megaman.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well I just played marvel vs capcom and megamans in it, I guess they could derive some of his moves from them, suggestion.

Megaman

Megaman is a short char, average speed, short ranged kicks and punches, jumps about as high as link and doesn't do much damage except for with his specials.

His specials could be.

B^: Uppercut, flies forward and up with a pulse out of his gun, does quite a bit of damage and good knockback, also good recovery move.

B: Shoots 3 bullets, or can be charged for one massive blast.

B>: Shoots a tornado blast that throws enimies upward

Bv: Does a dash along the ground, shorter distance then falcons and less powerfull but takes no lag to perform.

I guess thats all I could really think of Megaman, since Capcom likes to have thier people star in crossover fighter hits I think megamans chances are better then most other 3rd party chars.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
hate postin my moveset but ok ONE more time:

b: Buster charge: obvious, unlike samus megaman can move while charging...
<>B: Move copy: megaman would steal an oponents move, how would he perform that i still haven decided...
UpB: Buster uppercut: the uppercut he does in MVC, similair to marios, only longer range, and istead of giving multiple weak hits, it will give one semi-powerful hit...
DownB: Leafshield: it would use as a shield that wuld take 2-4 weak hits (a attacks) , and 2 mid-powerful hits (tilt a attack)and one powerful hit (smash attack), pressing down b again will send the leaf shield forward, and give multiple hits like in MVC...

Super: either;
1) Hyper megaman: Just like in MVC
or
2) twin hyper buster: protoman apepars, but only briefy, charges his buster to max., same megaman, and both send a huge blast of energy, either both to the same direction, or one to one side, and the other to the other side...
This moveset would work as well as mine I believe, his dash move could be replaced with a forward a attack (not smash attack though).

Stryks

Smash Hero
hate postin my moveset but ok ONE more time:

b: Buster charge: obvious, unlike samus megaman can move while charging...
<>B: Move copy: megaman would steal an oponents move, how would he perform that i still haven decided...
UpB: Buster uppercut: the uppercut he does in MVC, similair to marios, only longer range, and istead of giving multiple weak hits, it will give one semi-powerful hit...
DownB: Leafshield: it would use as a shield that wuld take 2-4 weak hits (a attacks) , and 2 mid-powerful hits (tilt a attack)and one powerful hit (smash attack), pressing down b again will send the leaf shield forward, and give multiple hits like in MVC...

Super: either;
1) Hyper megaman: Just like in MVC
or
2) twin hyper buster: protoman apepars, but only briefy, charges his buster to max., same megaman, and both send a huge blast of energy, either both to the same direction, or one to one side, and the other to the other side...
Quoted my moveset so every1 can c it XD...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
finally some intelligent discussion again.....since were postin movesets, heres mine a while back.....
Been bored, so here's my hope for mega man's moveset:

Classic Mega Man

B Moves

Up+B- Rush jet comes, when Mega Man lands on it, rush uses r-coil and springs mega man off; mega man is still able to attack after he is launched off, but if rush is hit in flight, he will fly off leaving mega man with no more jumps

Left/Right+B- shoots the tornado projectile ( same from MvC2) until he kills an opponent. then he takes their b ability like kirby. whenever you press forward+B you do the new attack and temporarily change color(only when doing the move) You can tuant to remove the power

B-mega busters, can shoot a maximum of 3 pellets at a time (just like the NES games). Can move while charging, but once b-button is released charge is released. (This makes him play like in his games and also makes his shots different from samus)

Down+B-Rock ball comes out, push forward-A to kick(only Mega man can kick it and only one ball at a time)

Ground A Moves

A-jab punch (MvC2); combo is jab, jab, rock ball kick
Dash+A-shoulder block
Down+A-Mega Man slide
Up+A - regular uppercut (MvC2)
Left/Right Smash+A-same a Samus from N64
Up Smash+A- sho-ryu-ken (hope i spelled that right) (shooryuken?)
Down Smash+A-sweep kick

Air A Moves

A-rock ball kick in air
Up+A-Bicycle kick
Forward+A- jump kick
Back+A-spinning back hand with his buster (think similar to C.Falcon on N64)
Down+A-mega man turns his body completely upside down and fires a medium charged blast straight down (move sends opponent straight down)

Grab

Forward-same as MvC2

Backward-throws opponent behind him and backhands him with his buster

Special-giga crush or hyper mega man from MvC2

Entrace-teleports down (just like all of his games)

Taunt- does his winning pose after he defeats a boss in his games (raises his buster arm and smiles with the shine coming off his helmet)

Intangibles- like a previous poster in this thread said, mega man must recover quickly, thats how he was in his games and he should stay that way

Speed 7/10
Power 8/10
Weight 7/10
Jumps 7/10
Special 10/10
I also like the other movesets on this page...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Bluebomber ur moveset, I just can see rush as the upB no matter how much I try to imagine it... and his slide attacks has to be the dash+a... like the idea of the giga crush forgot about it (tough isnt that the name of the X series??) everything looks ok i guess XD...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
its been difficult for me to imagine too, i think the animation would have to go really fast... maybe it could be that boost he gets when he fuses with rush and he jumps from mm7 (look to the right of my sig) I wouldn't mind what button was the slide, as long as he had it... and yeah giga crush is from the X series, i believe it was called giga crash in either mm7 or mm8, gotta look it up :)

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Not another .exe supporter!!! what is the world comin to.......
Think of the majority of posters on this site? How many people on here can honestly say that they started playing the Mega Man series back in the late 80's early 90's? There is a lot of Exe. supporters probably because they are more familar with him then the original Mega Man, heck, probably even X.

What's worse is that for a Anniversary picture for Mega Man, they have the Exe Mega Man in the front! While the original is on the side somewhere. And this is offical Mega Man art for the Anniversary!

Stryks

Smash Hero
It pisses me off really, how can they dith the CLASSIC of all megamans... and what theyre doing makin a new series every year or 2 aint helpin...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate the .exe version, he's too cocky and it seems more like a half adventure than anything else. I'd be happy with orignal or X.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Think of the majority of posters on this site? How many people on here can honestly say that they started playing the Mega Man series back in the late 80's early 90's? There is a lot of Exe. supporters probably because they are more familar with him then the original Mega Man, heck, probably even X.

What's worse is that for a Anniversary picture for Mega Man, they have the Exe Mega Man in the front! While the original is on the side somewhere. And this is offical Mega Man art for the Anniversary!
great sig!!! and your right, most of the people on this board are too young to appreciate the original/classic megaman and X. Capcom really needs to stop with these sucky spin offs and go back to the roots of megaman. Classic in brawl and Mega Man 9 FTW!!!

Top Bottom