• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i want him to be confirmed already, all this waiting is making me anxious!!!!!! I've been playin the anniversary collection for PS2 just to calm my nerves...

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
u know u COULD have used the edit button to add the moveset to ur previous post, and avoiding the double post, but thats just me, and tough zero LOOKS cool, original has a greater chance, the zero series is well, not dead for say... but since the new ZX and the new one coming out, it will be a while too see more zero games, besides the original has way, WAY more popularity than the other megamans, u can tell me .exe is more popular, u can say zero, but the fact is its megaman, the original, in sakurais poll it didnt say megaman ZERO, nor megaman .EXE, no it said MEGAMAN, simple megaman, if u count how many games the original megaman has on all the nintendo consoles, its a tough number to beat, havin more games than any other megaman game (any other 3rd party game??), besides the original has been gone for a while, thanx to all the new megamans, lets bring old school megaman back!... also sakurai said he prefers old character from the new, modern ones, so guess which megaman will he prefer?... XD...

hmmm dude personally i said zero becase of 2 things , 1 he is more playable in this kind of fighters and 2, because whats mentioned before im not so sure about original megaman's (how u call it ) popularity , besides zero is an individual character , the fact that zero may be included in the game doesnt exclude the possibilty of including megaman , bass , dr.willy or even his old enemies like cutman. I would love nintendo to retain megaman because theyre letting it go, and megaman before meant nintendo now it doesnt. Any further questions stryk ? mail me then

PD: i forgot mentioning , THERES NO GAME NAMED MEGAMAN ONLY !!! Theyre MEgamanX and all other kind of games and he looks different in all.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
No....before Megaman X, there was Megaman.

Personally, I'd rather see X in the game, because he can use Zero's sword, and that would make his regular attacks not as boring.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

the fact that zero may be included in the game doesnt exclude the possibilty of including megaman , bass , dr.willy or even his old enemies like cutman.
PD: i forgot mentioning , THERES NO GAME NAMED MEGAMAN ONLY !!! Theyre MEgamanX and all other kind of games and he looks different in all.
YES IT DOES!!!! theres only gonna be 2-3 party characters including snake. so i highly doubt that two of the three 3rd party chracters would come from the same company, let alone the same franchise!!!!

theres no game named mega man only? what the hell are you talking about?? how about MEGAMAN 1-8 just to name a few....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i was browsin around the DeDeDe thread and T-major had a pretty funny idea about his victory pose, I thought it'd be good to see what you guys thought MM's victory pose should be...any ideas??

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I bump for Mega Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sidenote: just beat MM4 from the anniversary collection, got a stage idea!!! Will post pics when i get home

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
I am all for Megaman In this one. I think I'd have to go with the X-version though because his look matches the badassitude that the other characters in brawl possess. Although, original megaman also has a soccer ball. You can't go wrong with a soccer ball can you? If the original Megaman gets in, I think I would like to see Protoman accompany him. However, if X gets in, I would love to see Zero accompany him. Original Zero. He was dope as hell. Darn Sigma*bitter thoughts*. Attacks, well...I'll combine my ideas for both original megaman and MegaMan X. Well I won't comment on basic a move attacks except maybe put a move where it's like a kick to kick a soccer ball. For b moves however. I think it'd be cool to have a small tornado move where there's a random chance for a soccer ball. (thus the reason for the kick move, haha.) Obviously you have to have either the mega buster or the X buster as well as some kind of sliding tackle. I can't really think of an appropiate up bv move. However, for a secret move. Say after you beat all modes with Megaman and played 100 matches as him. You unlock the hadouken to use with the d-pad. So you'd press down forward on the d-pad and let out a hadouken as a homage to Megaman X. It should only do like a small amount of damage though. Maybe just a different taunt. Oh, a taunt! Uhm....hm...Maybe he should look at his gauntlet and Proffesor light will come out as a projection and say stuff like "good job X" or "Keep up the good work" in a speech bubble. For a super move? Uhm, well. Maybe his super move will be to take one of your powers and use it until he dies. And you won't be able to use a certain b move until he or yourself dies. Maybe you have to hold down a b direction to pick it. So when you activate and pull off the special move against, say, Captain falcon, you can get the falcon punch or his up b to screw him over. Yep, well that's my two cents. Time to go make a thread about Zero...

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
guys i ihave a friend who has a family member in nintendo and just last week (january 12 i think)got a confirmed character list. to ease your pain, yes my friend said megaman was on it(OH YEAH!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah and my Uncle is miyamoto, he told me he talked with sakurai and he stated that chuck norris is in brawl!! I was so not expecting that!...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
stage from MM4

sorry it took so long guys....heres a stage from wily's fortress in MM4. You fight a mini-boss here before moving on to wily. Sorry the pic quality is bad, its from my cell phone XD, but i made a diagram on ms paint real quick. I haven't decided if the spikes at the bottom should be an instant kill, or just do a lot of damage with a lot of knockback. I'm leanin towards the second choice. As you can see the only way to die is up, and there is no where to run. I liked this stage because it will be action-packed just like all the MM games because players are forced to fight each other from start to finish. Also the walls and the knockback of the spikes create almost limitless combo abilities! I could almost see someone gettin pinballed around now!! lol.

Diagram

Stage from MM4

Stryks

Smash Hero
X

Original Megaman

Old school FTW!

Ok this is pretty ********, If any megaman is gonna get in is original, sakurai prefers retro characters from new, and original being the most retro of megaman, he'll get the shot, not to mention the original megaman is more used in fighting games and is the mascot of capcom... Original wins...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'd love to see Megaman in Brawl. Like numerous people have cited within the thread, he is a fine example of classic Nintendo (albeit nowhere near as profound as, say, Mario).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
X

Original Megaman

Old school FTW!

Ok this is pretty ********, If any megaman is gonna get in is original, sakurai prefers retro characters from new, and original being the most retro of megaman, he'll get the shot, not to mention the original megaman is more used in fighting games and is the mascot of capcom... Original wins...
I can tell that this arguement isn't gonna go away so lets just agree with this bro, do you think that the developers will merge X and the Blue Bomber together to create a new revamped Megaman? I'm thinkin somethin around the lines of Megaman BX. They revamped Pit, why not give megaman a touch up too?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
IMO X and original look pretty similar apart from the face [original's face look more natural IMO].

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well that's why if they customize X and the Blue Bomber and they give them attributes that are different about them (like there different armors) then Sakurai can make us both sides satisfied. Yeah, Megaman BX!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude if they make a new megaman for just this game, it would be incredibly pointless, sakurai wont choose 2 megamans and fusion them so the guys that want X and the original can b happy, Seriously Sakurai likes RETRO characters, and megaman is not only retro, the guy was one of the most important series in NES... besides, capcom's mascot is megaman, THE ORIGINAL, not zero, not X, not .exe, not zx... ORIGINAL, seriously who do u think they are gonna add, dont get me wrong X is awesome, but original is far more important, being the 1st megaman and all...

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Dude if they make a new megaman for just this game, it would be incredibly pointless, sakurai wont choose 2 megamans and fusion them so the guys that want X and the original can b happy, Seriously Sakurai likes RETRO characters, and megaman is not only retro, the guy was one of the most important series in NES... besides, capcom's mascot is megaman, THE ORIGINAL, not zero, not X, not .exe, not zx... ORIGINAL, seriously who do u think they are gonna add, dont get me wrong X is awesome, but original is far more important, being the 1st megaman and all...
you know, it is really getting tiresome seeing you repeat the same junk over and over again. not saying its wrong, just saying its gotten pretty repetitive.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen Megaman in his "X" form, so I can't comment on that part. I'd prefer him in his original look, anyway.

But hey, I've made a special move list for Megaman should he make it into Brawl:

- B button: Mega Buster (similar to Samus' Power Shot, but he can still move while charging)
- Left/Right+B: Beam Swipe (an energy blade extends from his gun, and he swipes at enemies. This move can also deflect projectiles)
- Up+B: Rush Jet (he summons Rush, who carries him back to a platform. If Rush hits a wall, or on the off chance an attack hits either character, Rush will instantly vanish)
- Down+B: Charge Kick (he used this move in an earlier Megaman game, and it would be similar to the Falcon Kick and Wizard's Foot we've seen before)

I originally had Megaman's Down+B move be Megaman and Rush fusing together, like in Megaman 7. This would've given Megaman some different special attacks, and given him an increase in attack strength. You could also press Down+B again to have Megaman revert back to his original form. In essence, this would've been similar to the "Transformation" move that Zelda/Sheik use. But, this would probably complicate his moveset should he make it in, so I scrapped this idea.

What do you all think?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I really wish that Mashiro Sakurai would get off his high horse of this retro crap. I can't stand RETRO Megaman! I'm not gonna make another arguement so how about this Stryks....if X gets in, you plus rep me when the feature comes back and if the Blue Bomber gets in I'll plus rep you. That's fair right?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not enough, If I win U will use a sig (that I will make) that says: Original pwns X sub text: Stryks is my master, and if u win viceversa, and we must ALWAYS post our sig in a post, the thing will last a week, if u dont go online for a week if u lose, then u will have to post at least ONCE a day until u most a total of 7 days (a week) and viceversa If I lose... u game?...

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen Megaman in his "X" form, so I can't comment on that part. I'd prefer him in his original look, anyway.

What do you all think?

I totaly agree, unless his diferent form could be a costume, as hs been suggested with loads if characters. If mgaman were going to be in this game, what is the top enemy who should also be in?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I've never seen Megaman in his "X" form, so I can't comment on that part.

Mega Man X

Mega Man

I really wish that Mashiro Sakurai would get off his high horse of this retro crap.
he likes retro because its tried and true, its a formula that works...

I totaly agree, unless his diferent form could be a costume, as hs been suggested with loads if characters. If mgaman were going to be in this game, what is the top enemy who should also be in?

if original, his top enemy would be Bass or Protoman, I would say Wily but he'd be pretty difficult to pull off....

if X it would have to be Vile or...i'm getting scared just saying his name....:urg: ...Sigma!!

But in any case if MM gets in, he will be the only playable Capcom Character in the game...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Not enough, If I win U will use a sig (that I will make) that says: Original pwns X sub text: Stryks is my master, and if u win viceversa, and we must ALWAYS post our sig in a post, the thing will last a week, if u dont go online for a week if u lose, then u will have to post at least ONCE a day until u most a total of 7 days (a week) and viceversa If I lose... u game?...
You know I'm game Stryks. I agree to your little wager. We will finally see who's right and who's dead wrong. Who's gonna be in it X or Blue Bomber?

Stryks

Smash Hero
1) X is almost as old as megaman
2) Theres no way X is king
3) The TRUE megaman is the original...

How can u deny the ultimate pwnage that is the original megaman?!

Top Bottom