• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
No doubt that Luigi will be in Brawl. It won't be Brawl without him. And yes, he should use his Vacuum from his Luigi's Mansion days as his down special, at the least - to counteract Mario's Fludd.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
plz don't double post click edit and add to your post people get mad when you do

i think the ideal of adding static to the chop what about you guys
Noted... I had realized I'd done it after I double posted. I was like "Crap, someones going to give me crap about this..."

Why static? I mean, you shouldn't add it to the character unless it it belongs to the character. Luigi doesn't have static powers...... right?

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Noted... I had realized I'd done it after I double posted. I was like "Crap, someones going to give me crap about this..."

Why static? I mean, you shouldn't add it to the character unless it it belongs to the character. Luigi doesn't have static powers...... right?
i don't mind i just was warning you

and yes he dose actuality in super star saga

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree that luigi should get his poultergeist since mario has FLUDD....bringing his enemies to him to start some sweet combos....

Also...for luigis final smash....he announces that hes homosexual and everyone else commits suicide out of fear....hehe

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Ifhy Saxy for saying that. Luigi is much more of a man than mario will ever be.
ok.. maybe not, but he's definitly not gay rofl
. His special should definitly be mr.L. Who cares if it's almost the same as Warios, almost all of the brawl characters have a similar special as another brawl character,

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Ifhy Saxy for saying that. Luigi is much more of a man than mario will ever be.
ok.. maybe not, but he's definitly not gay rofl
. His special should definitly be mr.L. Who cares if it's almost the same as Warios, almost all of the brawl characters have a similar special as another brawl character,
Sorry that i offended you...i actually like luigi
Not that im saying im gay...cause im not...lol
and he deserves more spotlight than mario...i actually mained him for the longest time in melee...but yeah...i was just trying to be stupid and make a joke about luigis sexuality....mr. l would be a great final smash, or the brobot (i think it was called) would be pretty sweet as well...

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Sorry that i offended you...i actually like luigi
Not that im saying im gay...cause im not...lol
and he deserves more spotlight than mario...i actually mained him for the longest time in melee...but yeah...i was just trying to be stupid and make a joke about luigis sexuality....mr. l would be a great final smash, or the brobot (i think it was called) would be pretty sweet as well...
i'm sure Luigi get more action
from peach and daisy
in a day than mario gets in a year

mr.L luigi costume

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
Wow, people are really picky on where to post threads and such. I've got like a billion people screaming at me for making a new post about something that could be discussed on an already established post. Harsh man, just because this site's so freakin' un-organized! Anyway, has anybody even considered the fact that Luigi is the better version of Mario? He's said to have higher jumping, faster running, and better reflexes (I made that last one up). But seriously, I hated his move set in Melee, it was so awkward and gimmicky, almost comical as if Nintendo didn't want you to play as Luigi. Get rid of the thunderhand and whatever side-b was and give him some new moves. I don't think the Vacuum will be an item more than a move for Luigi seeing as how Mario's got his FLUDD and furthermore he was never a copy off of Mario to begin with! That's all I have to say.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i think he ought to be quicker, jumpier, and have a different fighting style. but he should be weakened a smidge to make up for his awesome reflexes. and his taunt could go without anyone i know shedding a tear.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Well, he's skinnier and has longer legs than Mario, so he should be able to jump higher and run faster. At the same time though, he's not as strong as Mario so his attacks shouldn't do as much damage. Since Mario has F.L.U.D.D as his down-b, Luigi should have the ghost vacuum, except it should suck the enemy in instead of knocking them away (still not doing any damage, of course). His standard-b should be electricity like in Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga, or ice like in Mario & Luigi: Partners in time.

who8therice

Smash Cadet
I've always liked Mario better... And I REALLY don't want Luigi to be better than him, I'm really hoping that it's true that Mario is lots better than ssbm, and Luigi can't steal the spotlight... He should be in his bro's shadow for eternity <INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER HERE>

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, Luigi should definitely be top tier. That'd be awesome. Like the character everyone uses at tournaments and talks about around here. XD Mario should be stuck in "middle tier" like he is in everything else.:laugh:

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
I've always liked Mario better... And I REALLY don't want Luigi to be better than him, I'm really hoping that it's true that Mario is lots better than ssbm, and Luigi can't steal the spotlight... He should be in his bro's shadow for eternity <INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER HERE>
i feel sorry for you mario's stronger but Luigi's faster
Mario's fat
luigi need to kill mario and become the new face of Nintendo

speed means everything

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Here is some changes they could make to his special moves:

B^-Electricity effect instead of fire, as seen in this video at 1:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxhMP1DvX7Q
B>-The same
Bv-The poltergeist(insert number here), sucks opoenents in, when they reach luigi, he has the ability to
throw/shoot them out.
B-Fire/Thunder ball is shot horizontally.

Final Smash-Luigi flies in to the air, mario strikers style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAQFIx59yQ
and does the thunder bros move(for those who played M&L) in which he shoots off several lightning bolts that slightly home in.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
ok should mario and luigi be somewhat alike or completely different
maybe like what Rubydragon and IsmaR said standard b = lightning ball instead of green fire ball

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
no totally different if sakurai picks up any trace of a feel that two characters are alike he will take one out. at least thats what i heard
Where'd you hear this?

Sakurai never said he was removing clones. On removing characters, he never and I mean never specified which characters he was removing.

He only said that he was going to work to make all characters (that are clones and return, of course.) more unique.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
no i no luigi is in. but sorry im talking abou clone moves like pichu, young link, and ganadorf since captain falcon came first.

again i am just repeating what i heard and im not even sure if sakurai himself said this

i never said he was taking luigi out though

besides with the new games he's been in luigi can get alot different movesets form mario since melee came out

mario all star rpg, the luigi's mansion and so on

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
no i no luigi is in. but sorry im talking abou clone moves like pichu, young link, and ganadorf since captain falcon came first.

again i am just repeating what i heard and im not even sure if sakurai himself said this

i never said he was taking luigi out though
**** right you didn't say Dr/ Mario.

DR.MARIO FTB :[ he was my favouritue character. When I played as regular mario I didn't like it

Top Bottom