• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Link Discussion Thread

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wait, I just remembered someone saying Dark Link IS an Alt. Costume for Link.....but I thought of the shadow link from the Water Temple of Ocarina of Time.....I forgot about the evil links in TP shown above. That's the Dark Link costume they're talking about, right?

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
^ I never saw anything like that... but then again, I sort of blasted through the game whenever I played it. Where's it from? ( I mean which part in the game)
EDIT: also, I would scream with fangirly joy if they really made that an alt. costume :)

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
^ I never saw anything like that... but then again, I sort of blasted through the game whenever I played it. Where's it from? ( I mean which part in the game)
EDIT: also, I would scream with fangirly joy if they really made that an alt. costume :)
They're a symbolic representation of the ancient Twili in the bit where you learn about their history (right after the water temple I think?). They're visuals that come along with the story that Midna (or was it the Light Spirit?) tells you.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I forgot about that costume too! Its definitely in TP.
IGN mentioned Dark Link being an alt in the game so the TP version seems like the most likely candidate.
Well, we find out today I suppose.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
i hope the magic tunic from TP is as the red color in Brawl i loved that tunic

the reason i want Y.Link Back and not replased by WW Link is because they could give him Mahora Mask moves and Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash

or a Fierce Deity Mask item would be a good idea

I'm really excited for that. I hope that is what Dark Link looks like. I'm playing him!!!!!!

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
How could you have skipped that part? anyway, it's right after you get rid of the twilight in lake hylia. the video is on youtube, i posted it a few pages back if you wanna see it.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
How could you have skipped that part? anyway, it's right after you get rid of the twilight in lake hylia. the video is on youtube, i posted it a few pages back if you wanna see it.
I actually have no idea :confused: also, I saw the IGN review, and there was this clip showing all these evil little Ilias or something, and that never appeared in my game either...
I'm gonna play it again and spend all my time exploring stuff now...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Then Final Smashes might not be game-breakers after all. Might.

And... that "upcoming Zelda" is... probably fake. I don't think Miyamoto would pull something like that. I liked the futuristic steampunk-y style of FF7, but Link riding a motorcycle and using firearms and people walking around topless and stuff, that just doesn't work.
If Zelda turned futuristic, the style would be more along the lines of FF8.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm glad that it doesn't cut to a cutscene like people have mentioned. it's just a regular Final that doesn't disrupt the game. and i LOVE you can target multiple people. sucks you have to aim right though. but i guess that's the price for very powerful Final (looks at Ike and Meta Knight)

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Wow his Final Smash isn't powerful at all, it didn't even kill Ike.
That's because Ike had no damage before he got hit by the Triforce Slash. It'd be pretty gay if it could kill people when they were undamaged to begin with, don't you think? Final Smashes are going to be powerful, but not crazy cheap. There was a vid that showed Samus using her Zero Laser on Mario (he had 0% damage before the blast) and it didn't kill him. Besides, the Triforce Slash looks the most powerful FS I have seen so far, since it did about 20% more than the Zero Laser shown the Samus/Mario vid.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Well...even if it's not very powerful it would probably be my favourite just because it looks so friggin' amazing. I showed my friend (who doesn't even play Link), and she was just like, "Whoa."

Hayl

Smash Rookie
Hmmm... i wonder if the gail boomerang could make/break the situation.... i mean if it drags... it could push the enemy back when they wanna recover, but if they dodge the first throw, and managed to get hit right as it comes back, it could like drag the opponent back to help them recover.

I

i8waffles612

Link is sexy!!! lol... jk. Im probably stickin with him as my main...we gotta see about pit and meta tho...

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Wow his Final Smash isn't powerful at all, it didn't even kill Ike.
yea like they said he was at 0%

and plus ike has heavy armor he is like he hackzors of heavyness and plus...

we all know when link was whooping his @$$ Ike wished he could go back to fire emblem and thats all that counts :laugh:

WR3K

Smash Ace
yes, dont ***** about link's final smash...

Ike, (the heaviest of the demo second to only bowser) was also at zero percent...

even if he was at 20 it would have been a kill, plus link can do moves out of it

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I doubt many people here went to E for All

Is there a compilation of Link videos somewhere, or just a list of them?

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I actually think Link is the must improved vet they showed so far. All of his special attacks and his grab is been ungraded, and his moves look like they come out a bit faster.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
i have a feeling that Ganondorf is in, since when i was looking at the subspace emissary i was wondering when zelda was there, where the heck was link? and im sure he'd be pissed that wario took her, so where is he? probably somewhere off fighting Ganondorf. I dunno, i just came up with this while i was thinking of possible roles for link for the Subspace Emissary.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Yeah, i don't think Ganondorf will be a playable character, but he'll have an appearance.

D

Deleted member

its already been confirmed that ganon and shiek are in brawl....

Top Bottom