• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Link Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm

very bottom

"GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best."

no proof right?

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Has anyone confirmed if link has any new moves?

-Picking up a bomb then fully chargeing his bow and shooting the bomb
-Aiming aarows up and down
-Shield blocking bigger attacks like Sword attacks
-benefits of grapleing hook being used multible times in the air

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice

very bottom

"GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best."

no proof right?

I knew they wouldn't let Ganon/Shiek leave. I mean there WAS a TP Shiek design, and Ganon well duh.

And one word: Owned.

-----------------------------

I'm hoping Link is able to combo his attacks such as Bow-Bombing/Boomer-Bomb.

the only one i think is not in the game is MrG&W
The only likely person/s to not return are Roy, and Pichu. Don't doubt MRG&W, Sakurai loves retro characters.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Links back and he\'s not much different appearantly i\'m happy with that specials are a little different but not much. Bommerang pulls people in, arrows shoot faster which is good, you can charge the spin, and the bombs are more powerfull so as the saying would go if it aint broke dont fix it i\'m happy with what they did but something new would have been cool as well oh well maybe next time.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Personally i would like to see the dair lose some power and gain some speed, nothing drives me crazier than getting dair'd from below by link. A slightly smaller hit box (concentrated low)/less power for a quicker recovery time seems a fair trade

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
Personally i would like to see the dair lose some power and gain some speed, nothing drives me crazier than getting dair'd from below by link. A slightly smaller hit box (concentrated low)/less power for a quicker recovery time seems a fair trade
nah i think its fine how it is maybe a meteor smash er sumtin

jayhowell07

Smash Rookie
honestly i hope they don't have the new Zora Armor from Twilight Princess in Brawl. It looks stupid, and seriously...how much *** kicking do any of you wanna do wearing flippers? They've confirmed that Dark Link (or Shadow Link) is an alternate costume, with the glowing red eyes and everything, so that should make a few people happy. I just want the color of his tunic to turn blue like in Melee, that'd suit me fine.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
honestly i hope they don't have the new Zora Armor from Twilight Princess in Brawl. It looks stupid, and seriously...how much *** kicking do any of you wanna do wearing flippers? They've confirmed that Dark Link (or Shadow Link) is an alternate costume, with the glowing red eyes and everything, so that should make a few people happy. I just want the color of his tunic to turn blue like in Melee, that'd suit me fine.
well i agree wit the fins part but itll still b cool if he had the zora tunic

D

Deleted member

Link + Ninja = Stupid

i dont understand how you got that answer, im pretty sure zora tunic link is pretty pro looking, its at least understandable why he can breath underwater because he has a mask....how does a shirt make you breath underwater forever?

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
Link + Ninja = Stupid

i dont understand how you got that answer, im pretty sure zora tunic link is pretty pro looking, its at least understandable why he can breath underwater because he has a mask....how does a shirt make you breath underwater forever?
lol....thats right:laugh:

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Link + Ninja = Stupid

how is it that the master sword is the only one to kill gannon? Its a videogame with fairies, and exploding plants. Nothing makes sense.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
That Aonuma report is the same crap we've seen before that's either been wrong totally, or partially.

**** like IC being removed.

There's no proof, it's not credible, and I hate your mom.

Also, keep in mind that just because designs were submitted, it doesn't mean they will be USED.

Having said that, I have a gut feeling Shiek will return regardless.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice

very bottom

no proof right?

But he never said anything ´bout zelda, right. So what if he said sheik instead of zelda by mistake.

afterlife

Smash Rookie
shadow?

did anyone notice the shadow under link when he was firing his bow???
I know its just a part of the game for realistic purposes, but in TP, he always had a shadow under him...
maybe minda will come and talk to him like snake talks to whoever over his radio thingy...

I also hope he gets bomb arrows! like while holding a bomb, fire his arrow for a bomb arrow.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
did anyone notice the shadow under link when he was firing his bow???
I know its just a part of the game for realistic purposes, but in TP, he always had a shadow under him...
maybe minda will come and talk to him like snake talks to whoever over his radio thingy...

I also hope he gets bomb arrows! like while holding a bomb, fire his arrow for a bomb arrow.
i was thinkin the same thing wit the bombs nd arrows ...that would b cool if he could

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be cool if Link Up-B had the trap property of Y.Link's, but at the end it had knockback.

Oh well, I can't wait to get my hands on Brawl, surprisingly I've barely watched any of the videos. It all seems like scrubs playing.

ifoundwaldo512

Smash Cadet
my worst fear of brawl is to be fighting and all of a sudden see tingle the flamboyent map salesman floating overhead.

LiNkS

Smash Rookie
I think it'd be cool if Link Up-B had the trap property of Y.Link's, but at the end it had knockback.

Oh well, I can't wait to get my hands on Brawl, surprisingly I've barely watched any of the videos. It all seems like scrubs playing.
Yeah, same here, all SSBB vids are kind of.... well.... newbie =x

I dont blame them at all, cuz this all new controller thing must be weird for first timers.

WR3K

Smash Ace
listen to me, LINK's NEW SPIN ATTACK DOES NOT SUCK!!!!

sometimes a nerf can change such little factors it seems like such a big difference just because it's different.

all that is new is the your have to hit ppl with it's first strik for all the power, and which you know have extra timing to do with- the charge, it will even out the pros from the beginners.

it does not suck now, it has the potential to be even better

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i understand that i was just stating that it had been nerfed slightly compared to the other, and the shadow thing is there with all characters so dont count on it to much :(

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
my only wish is that link start up time for his forward smash is reduce. I'm tiring of initiating a forward smash then suddenly i get counter forward smash because of my lagginess

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if you can store link's charged swordspin like you can store shiek's ssbm needles? That would be cool if you could and would definately offer some sort of advantage.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has talked a lot about this, but from all the videos I've watched, Link seems much much faster. His smash attacks come out much faster than in melee. I am very happy about this because I like fast characters, but I always preferred having Link's reach over young Link's speed. This is also slightly debunks all of the rumors I've been hearing about Brawl being much slower. At least this doesn't apply to Link!

Demonplant

Smash Cadet
link was a great character in melee but his cheap up B has got to go, its way to strong and u think they wouldve have figured it out during testing

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
link was a great character in melee but his cheap up B has got to go, its way to strong and u think they wouldve have figured it out during testing
nah his up b is just fine ...he doesnt have many killin moves so that move has to stay. the only way that move should change is if its better

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Mortal Draw was such a great attack in TP. If they do somehow incorporate it into Brawl, I think it should resemble Marth's Down B counter attack. How good would link be with a defense like that? Like if the the opponent activates the counter, he would strike link's shield, then link would spin around and slash downward. That would be awesome.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
^ I seriously hope they do manage to incorporate it into Brawl, but it's unlikely :( which sucks, it was my favourite hidden skill in TP.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Too bad his Mortal Draw isn't in Brawl, just hope his Spin has become stronger now that u can charge it, cause frankly it's the strongest move made by any swordsman(exept for Ike's Aether)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Link looks better than ever, I'm glad he's been upgraded with his TP weapons and looks. His FS is one of my faves. He's been my main ever since SSB64 and it won't be different this time around.

Btw I don't think ^B move is "cheap", its ok as it is, although as strong as it is, it does leave you vulnerable at times.

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
the only 'cheap' thing you could really say about link's up-B in melee would be its tendency to instantly KO opponents trying to recover if you hung out at the edge. on Final Destination, this was one of my favorite moves because it automatically slammed the opponent back making it impossible to recover. anyone know what i'm talking about? wonder if they'll fix that in brawl, it did make fighting link a pain in pvp, especially when all they had to do was knock you of the plat, high percentage or not, to kill you.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Link looks better than ever, I'm glad he's been upgraded with his TP weapons and looks. His FS is one of my faves. He's been my main ever since SSB64 and it won't be different this time around.

Btw I don't think ^B move is "cheap", its ok as it is, although as strong as it is, it does leave you vulnerable at times.

i agree with you but there has to be a way to recover more quickly. there has too! his ^ B i used quite allot in melee but i know its not going to be the same but we shall find a way to figure this out link users.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
the only 'cheap' thing you could really say about link's up-B in melee would be its tendency to instantly KO opponents trying to recover if you hung out at the edge. on Final Destination, this was one of my favorite moves because it automatically slammed the opponent back making it impossible to recover. anyone know what i'm talking about? wonder if they'll fix that in brawl, it did make fighting link a pain in pvp, especially when all they had to do was knock you of the plat, high percentage or not, to kill you.
You're talking about the spike up+B had after the first initial hit, and it's gone. So no more spike, unfortunately.

Top Bottom