• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl PR

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
=( go play kryztedez or something and learn the mu. use utilt to zone, not kill (just like peach)
I try to zone with u-tilt, but if they don't commit to a move I just get punished and sometimes even then it doesn't work. >_< Also i'm not sure if Krystedez is super campy or not. o-o

Kel

Smash Master
If you are getting hit after using it and missing, you are not doing it right. You should travel to my place this weekend and I can break down this character for you.

*Please note that while I know what to do vs the character, I have a very poor record vs many Warios. Most Warios give me the same advice when I ask what I should be doing, but there are still movement patterns that you may not be aware of that I could help you out with.

Like Judo, I know many things to facilitate improvement from others. For example, this weekend I learned that no one seems to know that ZSS' down B is essentially a third jump in that if you hit her out of it and she doesn't land, she doesn't get it back. In addition, she cannot kick until the apex of the down B jump. This means there is a huge window for which you can hit her and take her down B. The more you know.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Look at Wario.

Now put a big "Y" image over him. Have him full jump straight to the left, then to the right. The apex of his jump is the "Y". Don't stand in a place where he can do a move at any place in those "Y" areas and hit you, and you'll know every one of his attacks is a whiff and you can react appropriately.

If possible, get close to the Y area and do moves just outside it to space him. Some characters can't do this. This will force Wario to play your game.

/wario

Kel

Smash Master
Ralph plays snake, so he cannot exactly just "swing his sword" to beat out Wario. He has to risk damage and being comboed when going arial for Bairs and nairs against wario. I guess you could SH UAir autocancel into utilt to zone, but that's not that good.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Snake can zone with jab, f-tilt, and u-tilt. If you get close enough for any of those moves to hit wario out of a jump, you can force them to get past that possibility. Getting hit out of the air won't do a lot of damage but it shuts down Wario's dancing game.

Snake's options are his own, but Wario's limitations transcend his opponent's character choice.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
@Kel & Overswarm Thanks for the advice. :D

If you are getting hit after using it and missing, you are not doing it right. You should travel to my place this weekend and I can break down this character for you.
I'd like to, but for now i'm dependent on others for a ride. I'll check and see if anyone in Greenup would be up for helping me with that or something though. o-o I also plan on fixing my problem with rides as well soon. ^_^

Also i'm going to post my results tomorrow and then I guess once everyone from our carpool posts their results we'll start to try and update the PR and what not. :o

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Apex 2013
January 11-13, 2013
Total Entrants: 338
Placement: Something close to last. :I
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15244233#post15244233
Bracket Img: http://www.apex-series.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Apex2013BrawlSingles.png

Pools:
Lost to S!C 0-2 (Snake vs Wario)
Defeated Punishment Divine 2-0 (Snake vs MK)
Lost to Reflex 0-2 (Snake vs Wario)

Money Matches:
Lost to Kai(I think it was him o-o) 0-2 (Snake vs Diddy)
Lost to MikeHaze 0-2 (Snake vs Marth

Really hate ending the season on this note. D:

EDIT:Also hope I don't forget anything. >_<

Roller

Smash Legend
Hopefully once PR gets updated KY actually gets motivated to start improving..

Ralph and Mister Eric are the only ones I see actually taking strides to do so as of now.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hopefully once PR gets updated KY actually gets motivated to start improving..

Ralph and Mister Eric are the only ones I see actually taking strides to do so as of now.
Ralph and Mister Eric are PRETTY MUCH Kentucky IMO. Everyone else doesn't travel often :/

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Most of the people play locally because they don't drive, and the few drivers are too buay or are having too many issues with money/work. A PR won't change much.

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
Apex 2013
January 11-13, 2013
Placement: idk
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...3#post15244233
Bracket Img: http://www.apex-series.com/wp-conten...awlSingles.png

Pools:
Defeated Royal James (Diddy vs Snake) 2-0
Defeated BSL (Diddy vs Luigi) 2-0
Lost to TearBear (Diddy/Mk vs Mk) 0-2
Lost to Yoshq (Diddy/Mk vs Mk) 0-2

Phoenix Saga 5
December 1, 2012
Total Entrants: 72
Placement: 49th
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330491
Bracket Img: http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/12/85/37/24/bracke10.jpg

Pools:
Lost to Stewy (Diddy/Mk vs Ics) 1-2
Lost to Bpow (Diddy vs Wario/Mk) 1-2
Lost to Ksev (Diddy vs Snake) 0-2

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Ralph should utilize Nade Grabs and pivot grabs more. Wario's range on his normals is really mediocre and if he throws out a limb as Snake's pivot grabbing, he's in bad shape. You should focus on conditioning for grabs since Snake gets a boatload of gay **** on Wario for free from them.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
lol at these placement idks xD

Wow. You two had to play in pools even though you play all the time and you're at a national.

I'd be pretty annoyed with that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Wow.

You all copied Ralph's post exactly, so all of your url's with ...'s in them actually have ... in the url link :v. Example: Click on Forward Air Rage's bracket image. It doesn't work because whatever was shorted out with the ... was actually replaced with a ... lol.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The whole Green Up crew + Mister Eric is all that KY has rep wise when it comes to tournaments outside of the KY/OH/IN range :p.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Well, I'm moving to Lexington. So where I go, Smash goes.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Apex 2013
January 11-13, 2013
Placement: N/A
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15244233#post15244233
Bracket Img: http://i.imgur.com/CfyYs.png

Pools:
Defeated IceArrow (ROB vs MK/ICs) 2-0
Lost to Nairo (ROB vs MK) 0-2
Defeated Pirate Monkey (Forfeit) 2-0
Defeated Radium (ROB vs Kirby) 2-0
Lost to Sago (ROB vs MK) 0-2

Money Matches:
$1 Lost to Ryo (ROB vs Ike) 1-2
$1 Defeated Golden psyco (ROB vs Ike) 3-0
$5 Lost to Fino (ROB vs Olimar/ICs) 0-2

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If Asa gets accepted to UK, and doesn't back out on it, (which one of her advisers did try to talk her out of it today so she is unsure) then we will most definitely be moving to Lexington. I will be graduated and she still have another year or so to pursue. I know it blows Kel =[ I srsly stayed so busy with school, that I don't even find time to make informative, detailed posts on SWF lol. But it is what it is. I will only be 30 more min away from Cincy, maybe we can get a Lexxy carpool up there or something. Either way, we'll see what happens. I hope it follows through, Morehead has withered away in my heart. Only person left here is Phael, and he might pick back up on tourney-going. But other than him, that's it. And I'm okay with that. I found Ralph. I found Amida. Two very aspiring Snake mains who want to further their Brawl career, just like Xisin did when I found him in 2008. Some people last, some don't. It's the way game playin' go. But if I don't move there this summer, I should be 100% there in the following year. Atm, it's looking like I'm 80% confirmed to move there this summer tho.

So see this as an opportunity for Lexington to thrive again. I believe in Lexington. I have high hopes for that city. I started in that city, and I'm def not about to stop now.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The saltiest <3
And for good reason. I'm mad at both myself and Lexington for not taking full advantage of your company. You have a competitive edge on all of us. And no one, that I know of, tried to gain that edge.
Regardless, you'll be happier in OH.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
The saltiest <3
You have a competitive edge on all of us. And no one, that I know of, tried to gain that edge.
Ralph was always talking about what great advice Kel gave for his game that he could always apply immediately.

also who all's going to be at Rain Saturday?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Rain Monthly
January 26, 2013
Total Entrants: 41
Placement: 25th
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333179
Bracket Img: http://postimage.org/image/8myp4j17l/full/

Pools:
Defeated Nicolobe 2-1 (Olimar vs Yoshi)
Lost to Carls 1-2 (Olimar/G&W/Wolf vs Fox)
Lost to Clowsui 0-2 (Olimar vs Marth)
Lost to Ally 0-2 (Wolf/G&W vs Olimar)

Also, I'd like my characters next to my name to be :gw: :wolf: and :metaknight: now (dropping Olimar, and dropped Falco a while ago)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We still cut the season after APEX, right?

We really need to discuss these lol. I'm usually on skype, but rarely home lool. Leave me a skype message and I'll get back to it as soon as I get home, and if you all have a conversation in that group, I'll respond whenever I'm home lol.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Yes, the season ended at Apex. Rain is the first tourney any of us went to that counts for the next season.

Speaking of Rain...

Rain Monthly
Placement: 9th
Bracket Img: http://postimage.org/image/8myp4j17l/full/

Pools:
Lost to MX 1-2 (Falco vs. Fox/Kirby)
Lost to LOE1 0-2 (Falco vs. Wario)
Defeated FalconFist 2-0 (Falco vs. Falcon)
Defeated Beegs 2-1 (Falco/Snake vs. Marth)

Winner's Bracket:
Lost to Ori 0-2 (Falco/Snake vs. Ice Climbers)

Loser's Bracket:
Defeated WTP 2-0 (Falco vs. Falco/D3)
Defeated SoulPech 2-1 (Falco/Snake vs. Jigglypuff)
Lost to MeekSpeedy 0-2 (Falco vs. Sonic)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Tried out my ICs this tourney. Got some mental preparation to endure before I can complete grabs. After a while, every grab felt like I was undergoing a heart attack. It was super strange. Kinda hype tho.

Rain
January 26, 2013
Placement: 13th
Bracket Img: Corrupted URL

Pools:
Defeated Roller (ROB vs ICs) 2-1
Defeated pidgezero (ROB vs Kirby/Ness) 2-0
Defeated AlfaStryke (ROB vs Diddy) 2-0
Lost to Eddie G/King Beef (ROB vs Marth/Peach) 1-2

Winner's Bracket:
Defeated Fisch (ROB vs Falco) 2-0
Lost to Zinoto (ROB vs Diddy) 0-2

Loser's Bracket:
Defeated Clowsui (ROB vs Marth) 2-1
Lost to Carls (ROB/ICs vs Sonic/Fox) 1-2

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
When y'all updating this? I wanna see mah boys Mr. Beep'n Eric and Classy Ralph Cecil on top :L

Top Bottom