• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official GDX Caravan Thread 1/8 Update: Back from the Dead Editiion: Impact Clash

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
As some of you know, I drive to a ****load of tourneys. There are times where i can round up a few peoples to come with me, but then there are times where I don't get anyone and its lonley and the gas seems even more expensive. So, this thread is made for anyone that needs a ride to an out of town tourney that im going to, and to aleviate my gas expenses.

If i post a tourney in here that im going to, im going to be leaving from Orlando (probably HRNUT's place since hes my teammate). He lives in Coconut Palms apartments of Orlando FL, off of exit 75B coming east or 78 coming west. His exact address is in my tourney thread. The rules of the caravan are:

-I'll post all the info, including how many spots I have in my car, for a tourney thats not in Orlando that weekend. If i dont post in here, then there are no spots. Other people have priority (*********) before i open spots to the public
-If you live witin 15-20 minutes of HRNUT's house, I'll come pick you up if you really need it, although I'd prefer if you could somehow get a ride to his place
-Spots are first come, first serve basis. You can either post here for a spot, or call me @ 863-934-2355.
-Gas is pretty much 15/person at all times, unless the tourney is an hour or hour and a half away, due to rising prices and premium already being so high
-Most of the time, HRNUT can house you if you can only get a ride on Friday or something. You have to ask in advance though

-If you just happen to live on the way and its not too far off of our route, ill also come get you. You still have to pay gas though. But you only have to pay from the time it takes from your house, not HRNUT (like, if you only live an hour away from a 3 hour tourney, you pay 10/gas. If you win a tourney you automatically have to give me 15, no matter how far away you live :laugh: )

Famous Quotes of the Caravan

"Im Glad Im white" -Gmoney

"When i was a little kid i thought fruit punch was a gay boxer. He'd punch and like a cartoon or a video game all types of fruits came out like pineapple oranges and **** come out" -Lambchops

"Wait, his mom wasn't a grimer or muk?" -Rx

"How can you not like the lion king? The lion king was great. Hakunah Matata? Circle of Life? Great to be King?" "But those are all songs..." -PB&J and Col Bol, respectively

"A blowjob money match? I would play my hardest" -Fearless

Current Tourney:
10/11 Impact Clash II Atlanta, GA- http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182916
Spots open: 2/3 if you include bitch seat
Drive: ~7hr = 25/person gas . Door fee is $20, but includes all you can eat catered food. Each tourney (doubles, singles) is $10 each.
Time: Leavig Orlando around either 7pm Friday or 2-3 AM Saturday (you guys can sleep on the way there XD)
-Its the caravan's first OOS trip. At least the tourney has both brawl and melee
-Ive already asked some people about spots and I've yet to hear from them. If they say yea, then they get the spot since i asked them first. Even with them included, I guaranteed have 1 open spot for you peoples

Post if you want 'em!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol. you two ******* around or did either of you really need a ride tomorrow?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, you're gay for acting like you weren't going to that tourney and then deciding to go anyways... I'd go if you can pick me up from Tavares. I'd pay for the gas to get there and still chip in. Let me know...
me and HRNUT just decided to go earlier today.

almost an hour drive? no. almost an hour drive and completely the opposite way? hell no. Sorry dude, its just too far.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ppsh... That monkey is gonna get destroyed due to bad karma... :urg: called it
sorry man. coming to get you would add on almost 3.5-4 hours of extra driving total (going to and from your house to HRNUT, twice.) Thats why i limited it to 15 or so minutes away, so its an hour total

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
ffcc reference FTW!!!!

I loved that game for gamecube. Way to expensive to play 4 players.

Still the most fun I have had with my brother since Kriby Superstar

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ffcc reference FTW!!!!

I loved that game for gamecube. Way to expensive to play 4 players.

Still the most fun I have had with my brother since Kriby Superstar
if you have all the equipment for each player "gba to GC cable, GBA preferrably SP cause of the backlight", then FF:CC is probably the most fun 4-player game i've ever played. If i ever had a crapload of extra money to blow, i'd consider buying the stuf for 4 people to play

Legend of Zelda: 4 swords is a close 2nd for badass 4p games. Now i gotta go get 4 SP's and 4 GC to GBA cables over time to play these two games. no offense nick, but FF:CC and 4 swords > gauntlet legends

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
no offense taken cuz you're absolutely right as a matter of fact ffcc>>>>gauntlet; and i have two gameboys and sp and regular GBA...it'd be so awesome to play those games again.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no offense taken cuz you're absolutely right as a matter of fact ffcc>>>>gauntlet; and i have two gameboys and sp and regular GBA...it'd be so awesome to play those games again.
wait, you have two gameboy SPs? or two old school gameboy and a gameboy SP? cause if they're any gameboy not the GBA or GBA SP, they wont work

If i win any of the tourneys this weekend, we're going hunting for GBA to GC cables

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Pick me up on the WAYYY PLEASEEE

I LOVE YOU GDXXXXXXX RIDE ME THROUGHHHHH

Call me at 321-604-8717 for details about how I should easily be on the way.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
we have four sp's and the cables!!! You are right hrnut, that game is the greatest game ever!! Even just 2 players but 4 is to much fun!! We have all got to play it some time. My bro me you and gdx!! It would be so cool!!

Ebay the cables we found them at rhinos for like a dollar each

Finch

Smash Lord
I have a GBA and a connector. Why I have a connector I don't know but I have one. Maybe I bought it for animal crossing?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I dunno if I can make it to Gamebreaker if GDX can't ride me through.

I honestly am not sure if I want to team with a DK. I always feel so responsible.

I am looking to team with an MK or a Snake :/.

Nothing against you, just a major character preference.

Come to think of it, is Chops going and just not entering doubles because of money issues?

If so, I'll hire him for doubles.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Garbanzo, are you going?

AND GDX WHERE ARE YOUUU CALLL ME TONIGHT IF YOU CAN TAKE ME TOMMORROW!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY want to go to this and I am 100% on the way and I will pay you the full $15 in gas money.

321-604-8717

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tourney Update

New Tourney info posted for the caravan:

Current Tourney:
The Will's Last Stand III - 7/5/2008 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174121
Spots open: 2/3 if you include b.itch seat
Drive: 2hr 38 min drive = 15/person gas because of gay turnpike tolls. Tourney itself is 30 for doubles/singles/door fees
Time: Leaving Orlando by 7-7:30am Saturday. Returning Saturday night after tourney

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I can only go if I find an extremely good teammate.

(xYz is probably not going)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
GDX I am teaming with chops, and i would be very grateful if you could take me again.

I'll even help out with tolls like on saturday :).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX I am teaming with chops, and i would be very grateful if you could take me again.

I'll even help out with tolls like on saturday :).
where would i be getting you from so i can have the printed directions myself come saturday (i like to mapquest everywhere im going over the weekend before i leave work for the weekend)? i dont even know where that mcdonalds was i got you from on saturday >.>

and real men help with tolls

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
If I get a ride to HRnuts, would you drive me to Last Stand if I throw down 10 for gas?

oh, and if Loto can't go

Rx- and Fearless Metamar? just think about it. I can also play metaknight now lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If I get a ride to HRnuts, would you drive me to Last Stand if I throw down 10 for gas?

oh, and if Loto can't go

Rx- and Fearless Metamar? just think about it. I can also play metaknight now lol
well yea, if you can get there, ill take you the rest of the way. i already said that in the original post :laugh:

sadly, i dont have room for both you and loto. right now its looking like

HRNUT - shotgun either there, back, or both, cause i said so
Gmoney - if he can get a ride to hrnut place
rx - picking him up along the way

with 1 more spot avaiable, which would go to you if you can get to hrnut's house

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
GDX, you should know where to get me, same place as last time (McDonalds)

It's exit 191 of I-95, in case you forgot.

Also, to Fearless, gas is usually $15 a person. Since it's a drive to Miami, and gas is $4 a gallon. Plus the tolls.

If there were 5 people in the car and everyone only put $10 towards gas/tolls, it wouldn't really cover it :(.

If $15 seems like too much to you, I can show you the math.

Top Bottom