• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Duck Hunt Dog Thread

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Laughing a fighter does not make.
I believe the correct expression would be "laughing does not a fighter make". But then again, by that same vein of logic, many of the characters already in Melee also don't deserve to be in. True, laughing does not make a fighter, but neither does racing, piloting an arwing, getting captured by Ganondorf, teaching songs to Link, or throwing pills in a bottle. Just think creatively, as opposed to not thinking at all.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I believe the correct expression would be "laughing does not a fighter make". But then again, by that same vein of logic, many of the characters already in Melee also don't deserve to be in. True, laughing does not make a fighter, but neither does racing, piloting an arwing, getting captured by Ganondorf, teaching songs to Link, or throwing pills in a bottle. Just think creatively, as opposed to not thinking at all.
Zelda fights in Wind Waker I know of that and like Dweller said she gets a sword that means there is a good chance she will do more.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter at all if Zelda can fight in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Do you know why? Because Melee was made before either of them. The Zelda they have is wholey the one from Ocarina of Time, because at the time of Melee's production, that was the most recent Zelda game. Also, Falcon may be a bounty hunter, but that does not automatically give him flaming punches and kicks.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter at all if Zelda can fight in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Do you know why? Because Melee was made before either of them. The Zelda they have is wholey the one from Ocarina of Time, because at the time of Melee's production, that was the most recent Zelda game. Also, Falcon may be a bounty hunter, but that does not automatically give him flaming punches and kicks.
Even though OoT was the last game before melee she got in because she is a main character. The series isnt called legend of Link, its Legend of Zelda. That is why she was a good pick. That and it added another female character.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Have you ever seen him fight as a bounty hunter outside his car in his racing game no so they had free reign with him.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
@ zombie: I understand that. I cited Zelda as an example because she is one of a multitude of characters who have had to have moves made up for them. I think that if you look hard at melee, you will be hard pressed to find a character who does not have at least one attack made up for them. The only ones I can think of are the Pokemon and the Links. Every single other character in melee has some form of fictional move. So, you see, the argument that Laughing Dawg here can't be in Brawl because he has no moves is completely null and void.

@ basement: ummm.. you just kind of proved my point against you. They have unlimited free reign, so they can do as they please as far as moves are concerned.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He does not have a back story as being a fighter so no I didn't. Smaus doesn't use physical attacks thier bud nice try though. Specials are all real.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
He does not have a back story as being a fighter so no I didn't. Smaus doesn't use physical attacks thier bud nice try though. Specials are all real.
Hardly any of of the charactesr in Melee have backstorys of being fighters. What about Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Fox, Falco, Falcon, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game and Watch, or the Ice Climbers? That's a terrible argument and you know it.

@ Zombie: Alright, you got me there. I forgot about Samus. I'll acknowledge that point. But still, 7 out of 25 still proves my point that a very small percentage of characters in Melee have no original moves.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Ok what about Marth can anyone prove his attacks arnt all real.
Well, I'm not going to claim to be a Fire Emblem expert, never having played a single one myself. However, I know that it's a turn-based strategy game, and a game like that would not lend itself to the form of attacks Marth uses in Melee. I may be wrong on this, but that's how I see it.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Hardly any of of the charactesr in Melee have backstorys of being fighters. What about Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Fox, Falco, Falcon, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game and Watch, or the Ice Climbers? That's a terrible argument and you know it.

@ Zombie: Alright, you got me there. I forgot about Samus. I'll acknowledge that point. But still, 7 out of 25 still proves my point that a very small percentage of characters in Melee have no original moves.
Peach was in Mario RPG as a fighter G & W is the only odd ball because the Ice Climbers fought the Topi and Polar Bears aswell as the pterydactyl. Care to try again? G & W could maybe be considered a fighter in the police version of his game, but really you just caught them and arrested them, but policemen can fight if they have to so there all of them have an excuse for being a fighter.

Marth only uses one attack in his game and from what I heard it was incorporated as his dash attack, having not played the game because I can't speak Japanese I can't prove it though and hello Samus has unoriginal moves she doesn't use physical attacks in any of her games.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Peach was in Mario RPG as a fighter G & W is the only odd ball because the Ice Climbers fought the Topi and Polar Bears aswell as the pterydactyl. Care to try again?
I love that last little bit. "Care to try again?" :laugh: You actually think you're winning this debate. How quaint. Listen. Just because Peach has fought before, she has never once been classified as a fighter. More often than not, she appears in the role of Damsel in distress. Besides, in SMRPG, as you stated, she served as the role of the 'white mage' class character, being only useful in terms of healing and recovery. Also, the Ice Climbers never fought anything. Have you ever even played Ice Climber. Topis did nothing but push blocks of Ice to reform blocks the player broke. The Polar Bear only shows up to shake the stage upward if the player spends too long at one elevation. The pterodactyl only appears at the top of the mountain, holding onto a fruit or vegetable that serves as a bonus goal. No fighting is required whatsoever.

Listen, all either of you have managed to do is say the same thing over and over again with slightly different wording. If you actually want to debate on a subject like this, I suggest you actually come up with some definative reasons why the Laughing Dog could not work in Brawl. As I have already shown, the 'no moves' argument (your only argument, I might add) is completely invalid. So, if you've nothing further to add, I've nothing further to say.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
some n00b {Dweller} said:
Care to try again?
You neglected Captain Falcon and Zelda. I'm going to enjoy seeing you BS your way out of this one because you can't. While Captain Falcon may or may not have been said to be a bounty hunter (I've never played F-Zero.) Zelda, on the other hand, was never seen as a fighter at all before Melee. Shiek doesn't count. Shiek =/= Zelda.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He does that at times.:laugh:
Your supposed to be on my side anyway according to you people on the boards Shiek and Zelda are the same person they are alter egos and that can be proven from the games therefore if Shiek fights Zelda fights as they are technically the sam person and just because you count them as separate characters on Brawl doesn't mean that they are as everyone who has played as Zelda/Sheik knows that they are intertwined meaning that since Sheik doesn't have his own spot on the selection screen it means that Zelda represents them both meaning that there is 25 not 26 playable characters in Melee even though they can technically be divide ointo two characters for tiers they alway remained interconnected through the incompletion of an individual moveset because if they were separate entities they would each have thier own down B move instead of juxtaposing each other.

For Doggalina who is going to critisize my word usage with juxtaposing it means taking to different elements and putting them against each other to show contrast in this instance I am reffering to Zelda as a non-fighter at the time Melee cam out and Sheik asa fighter at the time melee cam out. Falcon has a back story of being a bounty hunter so it is inferred that he fights in some way shape or form so I felt that it was not neccasary to address him at this current juncture.

The Ice Climbers did fight the Topi and Polar Bears no matter if they came because you took tolong so you still did fight them.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I am on your team but I have to take my shots when I can get them. Theres no way I can get them in melee against you.

Im out of ideas about attacks. All I know is that I dont want the dog in because I just dont like him. I always wanted to shoot that stupid dog.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Laughing Dog to replace the Sandbag in the Homerun contest. Just what you always wanted to do is punt that stupid dog as far as you can.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'm not supporting the Dog but what would his super smash be?

I'm curious.
Many people have suggested that ducks start flying around the screen and a crosshair appears, chasing after the ducks, but the other characters get shot as well. Then, of course, the Dog laughs at everyone.

*continues to skip merrily through his Dweller and Zombie on his Ignore List world*

Off topic: 13 pages! W00t!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Many people have suggested that ducks start flying around the screen and a crosshair appears, chasing after the ducks, but the other characters get shot as well. Then, of course, the Dog laughs at everyone.

*continues to skip merrily through his Dweller and Zombie on his Ignore List world*

Off topic: 13 pages! W00t!
for being on your ignore list you sure dont ignore us very well. :laugh:

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Please...let me hit him...just once...Let me hit the freakin' dog...
I want to do the infinite super scope ammo thing on him. He'll be too busy getting shot with my perfect accuracy to be laughing anymore.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Yes more red rep.

As much as I dont want him to be in brawl as a playable character him replacing the sandbag would be great.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I want to do the infinite super scope ammo thing on him. He'll be too busy getting shot with my perfect accuracy to be laughing anymore.
Because the Super Scope's SO hard to aim, just being able to shoot forward and all. *rolls eyes*

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Thank you chalk another one up for wanting to punt the dumb dog.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
That's not aiming...that's getting out of the way.

I think we ALL worded things wrong here...
You did cause your an idiot for making this thread and in the general use of the word. You now what is nice I can insult you all I want and you'll never be the wiser.:laugh:

Top Bottom