• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
tirkaro said:
OFF TOPIC: Obviously, you are right. I suppose if I took that MArine Bioligy class instead of Forensics I would kno that by noiw. It loks like a heart and is nmed "luvdisc", I never would have nown it was based after an aquatic lifeform. THNX tirkaro :) I finally learned something that wasn't on "Bill Nye The Science Guy"

ON TOPIC: I agree with Chickenboy 666's idea that his form chnges with his color. If he transformed into different forms, he would be a charcter that Nintendo would either break or make. I personally think he woul break if he had to change forms for everything :(

smashman90

Smash Lord
Maybe before battle at the character selection screen. When you pick Deoxys, you have to choose which form it will be, so if you want it to be attack mode, it will deal high amounts of damage but when it gets hit, it takes a lot of damage to kinda even out the playing field. And for defense mode, it won't take a lot of damage but it won't deal a lot of damage. Speed mode would be where it would move fast and attack fast but it deals little damage for each attack. Normal mode, well it will just be a middleweight character.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I would rather see him in the pokeball because if he is a character he will probably end up like Mewtwo and not be as good as he should.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
How do you know for sure Deoxys would be bad? Just because he's good in the games doesn't mean he'll be nerfed for crap in brawl.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well id rather not see him as a character... i really cant see it... his transformation abilities arent a big deal anyway if you ask me. and they sound too complicated. so seeing that its most popular trait wouldnt even work, thats one reason i dont want him. other reasons are he isnt humanoid enough (sure he has the shape but no hands, legs and he has his brain in his chest) and we already have a really powerful psychic type in brawl.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I like the "changes forms as attacks" idea, but not the "laggy" idea.
Laggy=lower tier. Period. Look at C.Falcon and Bowser. Their smashes are strong but laggy and thus unused. People use their air attacks almost exclusively. Making him Deoxys laggy would reduce his overall playability and that would be a crying shame seeing how Mewtwo turned out.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Why the hell does it matter if it's brain is in it's chest, and if no feet and hands are a big deal, you must hate Kirby and Jiggs for having no legs and hands, or bodies., as for the transforming abilities, they could just be animations for when he attacks, I find it really hard for him not to be playabe, seeing that he's probably the most popular 3rd gen pokemon.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
OrlanduEX said:
I like the "changes forms as attacks" idea, but not the "laggy" idea.
Laggy=lower tier. Period. Look at C.Falcon and Bowser. Their smashes are strong but laggy and thus unused. People use their air attacks almost exclusively. Making him Deoxys laggy would reduce his overall playability and that would be a crying shame seeing how Mewtwo turned out.
Are you saying no one uses C. Falcon? Seriously?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Are you saying no one uses C. Falcon? Seriously?
When i said "unused" i ment the smash attacks not the characters in general. Bowser and C.Falcon are definitely used, but their smashes are not because the smashes are so d@mn laggy. Do we want that to happen to Deoxys too?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Also, Deoxys does have hands. Have you seen all of its forms? Normal mode has a hand, defense mode has the flippers, and the rest have tentacles. Also, if it has tentacles, then wouldn't its grab moves be pretty good then? Besides Deoxys is humanoid in shape. Just because it has no feet doesn't mean it isn't humanoid.

kaid

Smash Master
B: Double Team -a quarter second after pressing, 9 images (in air) or 6 images(on the ground) of deoxis form, one where you were, and one in each of 8 directions. One of them is real, decided by which direction you press during that quarter second. All the images act according to your inputs, so if you have 3 standing on the ground and 3 in the air, and you press A, the three on the ground will appear to jab, and the three in the air will apear to Nair. Only the REAL image actually does damage, though. The images disapear after about 5 seconds.

What do you think? Did I explain it well enough?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
B: Double Team -a quarter second after pressing, 9 images (in air) or 6 images(on the ground) of deoxis form, one where you were, and one in each of 8 directions. One of them is real, decided by which direction you press during that quarter second. All the images act according to your inputs, so if you have 3 standing on the ground and 3 in the air, and you press A, the three on the ground will appear to jab, and the three in the air will apear to Nair. Only the REAL image actually does damage, though. The images disapear after about 5 seconds.

What do you think? Did I explain it well enough?
That's a badass idea, but it seems a bit too effective. I can see Deoxys' running around tournaments left and right throwing afterimages everywhere.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea, but if Deoxys transforms, could that be a combination of, say a special move and the d-pad to select a form, or would you just transform multiple times to go through all of his forms?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't think he should be in. His main applie from what I see is his ablitity to transform into 3 different forms which seems WAY too complex for a fast fighting game like this. The only way I can see him transforming is if he gos into attack form when you do a attack, speed form when your running and so on. That doesn't seem like a good reason to have him because it wouldn't change his stats (Because if it did he would be unstoppalbe).

Im sure they could just pump M2 up to have some of Deoxy's good attacks.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I think Deoxys would transform in a similar manner to Meta-Knight- remember, in the trailer, Meta-Knight's cape changed into wings every time he would run or jump.

Basically, Deoxys would remain in Normal mode. He'd be in attack form when performing Smash attacks, defense while shielding, and speed while running.

I dunno if that idea was stated before, though.

Also each of his specials would take advantage of one of his forms.

kaid

Smash Master

The premice is, Deoxys may be humanoid, but he isn't human. A moveset that combines Voldo with silly putty, therefore, seems like an interesting choice. Throw in specials that are pure mindgame, and I think he MAY be a viable character.

A: a single slap, with his "Hand."

Ftilt: his tenticle arm spins forward, streching as it does so to over the character's height. This is a drill move.

crouch position: Deoxys's crouch position has the appearence of Defence mode

Dtilt: A headslam in Defence mode.

Uptilt: The head shifts to attack-mode, and those spikes get 2-3 times longer than attack mode pics (instantly) then Deoxys looks down. (stabbing upward with the spikes)

Dash: Deoxys shrinks into speed form instantly and dashes like Captian Falcon. His tentacles flail behind him.

Dash attack: it's head instantly bends impossibly foward, attacking with the spike on the back of Speed form's head.

Jump animation: Deoxys's legs get longer

Back air: Speedform head

Upair: The HAND shoves upward. (I've done too many head attacks)

Dair: Attack form, and bends legs so kneespikes attack

Fair: Another tentacle drill, slightly downward angled.

Nair: Overheat as a Sex kick- Without shifting form, it simply glows, and damages those who touch it.

Fsmash: Attackform, 2 parts. Tentacle extention that knocks INWARD, then attackform knee attack away.

Dsmash: Defence form- Flops backward as tentacles extend foreward.

Usmash: Charge animation has Deoxys's head flatten to defence mode, then Its entire head shoots upward in Attack form, with a rubber neck.

Grab. Tentacles reach forward, just like the drill. Reach is comparable to Samus. (not usable in air)

Throws: (I'm not good at this)

^B Psycho Boost: Big glowy aura that does damage. Recoverywise, it works just like Ness's Airjump, but without the flip, and you have to hold B or the move ends early.

<B Hyper Beam: The jewel in Deoxys's chest glows, then Deoxys slams backward from the recoil. It fires a projectile the length and speed of Falco's laser, but the power and height of a Full Samus Blast. Deoxys ends in shieldbreak animation.

B Double Team: A quarter second after pressing, 9 images (in air) or 6 images(on the ground) of deoxys form, one where you were, and one in each of 8 directions. One of them is real, decided by which direction you press during that quarter second. All the images act according to your inputs, so if you have 3 standing on the ground and 3 in the air, and you press A, the three on the ground will appear to jab, and the three in the air will apear to Nair. Only the REAL image actually does damage, though. The images disapear after about 5 seconds, or when you use this move again, forming NEW images.

vB: Night Shade. Deoxys concentrates, and The entire arena goes black, (think the pokeball effect) for as long as it is held.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
This is one of the better pokemon suggestions, I wouldnt mind him being in the game. Definately wouldnt be a waste of a slot like most other character suggestions.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh i dont want him... we already have a very powerful pure psychic in the game, and he has personality unlike this weird jellyfish thing from space. his transformation abilities wouldnt even be interesting if he was in. he would just change his form a little with certain attacks.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
1. It's not pushing a button that makes it complex (~_~)
2. If you can cover ALL your dissadvantages by changing into different forms than it makes it complex (more than one transformation to choose from) and broken because at anytime you can counter someone's advantage.
3. I will resay what I said to the other guy "That would just make his transformation time crappy AND he would still have the advantage of having a form to counter any character's advantage."
*taken from the umbreon thread that we accidentaly went off topic in. ;_;*
if you dont like the whole transforming thing, then you can just go with the people who say that deoxys should transform every time he attacks/defends/runs/whatever, and he gets his own set of stats.

Black/Light

Smash Master
*taken from the umbreon thread that we accidentaly went off topic in. ;_;*
if you dont like the whole transforming thing, then you can just go with the people who say that deoxys should transform every time he attacks/defends/runs/whatever, and he gets his own set of stats.
That IS how I see it happening (If it gets in) and thats not a big deal because the only thing it's doing is changing shape to attack (kind of like G&W). So than you have a pys legendary villian pokemon at the end whose transformations don't really make it unique.

SO, it should only replace M2 if it got in or not get in if M2 is in. They should not be in together.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
That IS how I see it happening (If it gets in) and thats not a big deal because the only thing it's doing is changing shape to attack (kind of like G&W). So than you have a pys legendary villian pokemon at the end whose transformations don't really make it unique.

SO, it should only replace M2 if it got in or not get in if M2 is in. They should not be in together.
Deoxys and Mewtwo wouldn't be clones of each other so they should both be in at the same time. Just because the anime depicts them as having the same personality doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl.

kaid

Smash Master
Compare my Night Shade and Double Team moves to Mewtwo's Confusion and Disable. Mewtwo's moves could be useful if tweaked a bit, but my Deoxys moves dont affect the other characters at all. (Just screws with the other player(s) head(s)!)

These diferences make characters unique.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
The Night Shade is indeed original, but what's the use of it? It's not a real attack and it doesn't keep the action in the matches.

Also, the Hyper Beam move is a bit weird. Imagine it: You use Hyper Beam on a Fox, you end up in shield break animation. Fox shines the attack back to you and you will be blown off the screen. Not a pretty thing eh?

The Double Team looks weird yet it could work out really well! It's really a move that's not only original, but also worth it to master!

kaid

Smash Master
Night Shade is an edgeguard trick. Knock them off screen, and night shade. They can't tell when to use their recovery moves, so their timing would be off.

The one thing I'm worried about is people using Double Team like Rising Pound or Samus's bombs.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This is how I think Deoxys will transform:

Idea 1:
When deoxys is just simply standing, he'll b in his normal form, when hes running or jumping he should be in speed mode, when he uses the shield or something Defense mode, and when hes attacking, then well attack mode...

Idea 2:
This was actually my 1st idea: The froms could be attack themselves, his b attack could be a psychinc attack (transforms into ttack mode), his down beam could be like kirby's oly thing he tranwsfroms into his defense mode, his <>B move could be extreme speed (speed mode), dont know what fr jis up b tough... his a attacks, grabs all attacks in general= attack mode, and wen hes not doin nothin normal mode

Idea 3:
This is just the Super Idea; when he grabs the mash emblem he uses the speed mode to rapidly attack an enemy and both the righ and left sides, the Deoxys throws oponent to the sky, he goes on top of him, he transforms into defense mode and crashes oponent into de ground, then he rapidly changes to attack and blasts his enemy with a lot of enery attacks dragon ball z-like, then he goes to a far place of the stage, charges an attck and then fires the hyper beam XD...

pretty much it...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Deoxys and Mewtwo wouldn't be clones of each other so they should both be in at the same time. Just because the anime depicts them as having the same personality doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl.
*sigh* I didn't mean he would be a clone I meant he would have the same title as M2. Why have 2 legendary pys pokemon who are both seen as villians?
One or the other is what I say.

Stryks

Smash Hero
*sigh* I didn't mean he would be a clone I meant he would have the same title as M2. Why have 2 legendary pys pokemon who are both seen as villians?
One or the other is what I say.
1: NEITHER of them are legndary, mewtwo was made in a lab, and deoxys is from space...
2: And Deoxys wasnt a bad guy, he was just looking for his friends, mewtwo was the evil one...
3: they wont be clones, pretty simple...

Black/Light

Smash Master
1: NEITHER of them are legndary, mewtwo was made in a lab, and deoxys is from space...
2: And Deoxys wasnt a bad guy, he was just looking for his friends, mewtwo was the evil one...
3: they wont be clones, pretty simple...
1. They are BOTH often seen as and said to be legendary pokemon.
2. Deoxy was the villian of that movie (don't have to be evil to be the villian) and M2 wasn't evil, he was a confused baby with unbelievable power that was the villian of his first movie.
3. When did I say they would be clones? They share the same title but wouldn't be clones. There should only be one or the other as fare as I can tell.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude they are NOT legendary, there both very powerful, so just because of thtat there legends? no, and U said mewtwo was a villain...

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Dude they are NOT legendary, there both very powerful, so just because of thtat there legends? no, and U said mewtwo was a villain...
Hate to burst your bubble, dude, but they are legendary pokemon. They follow these rules

1. can't breed
2. one of a kind

Stryks

Smash Hero
... u kiddin me? Just because they cant breed there one of a kind? I think there was a pokemon whos not even strong that couldnt breed, but that doesnt matter, yeah obvious there one of a kind, so is ditto u dont c me braggin about him being one of a kind, Mewtwo was CREATED in a lab, how in the hell can he be legendary? legendary pokemon are those that had lived trough the ages in the poke world, and that theyve done things that back then was consider a miracle and crap, or that there powers are too great for mankind I do nt know, and deoxys is a pokemon from space, hes not legendary hes more of an alien than legendary...

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
... u kiddin me? Just because they cant breed there one of a kind? I think there was a pokemon whos not even strong that couldnt breed, but that doesnt matter, yeah obvious there one of a kind, so is ditto u dont c me braggin about him being one of a kind, Mewtwo was CREATED in a lab, how in the hell can he be legendary? legendary pokemon are those that had lived trough the ages in the poke world, and deoxys is a pokemon from space, hes not legendary hes more of an alien than legendary...

Are you stupid? I said they must follow BOTH of those rules to be considered a legendary. Magnetite can't breed but aren't one of a kind so they aren't legendary. Ditto can breed and there are several of him so he isn't legendary. There is only one Deoxys and he can't breed so he's legendary. There is only one Mewtwo and he can't breed so he's legendary.

And you are thinking of how the Anime describes legendary. We are talking about the video games, dude.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U callin ME stupid cabron? what is like that in the game, who the hell said that , if a character like Oak or whoever said that then ok, but just because U say so doesnt mean its truel mewtwo was created in a LAB... a LAB, mew is the legendary one, mewtwo is just a clone of mew created by scientist, hes powerful yes, but does nt make him legendary, hes more like a project gone horribly wrong, and deoxys is from space, rarely seen, but does not make him legendary, get that in ur head, and just acept that so we can stop spamming here..

Top Bottom