• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
at first I was against this doexy thing, (meh... pokemon) but now i'm coming around 2 it. he could work great as a charactor. The being laggy thing could work, but that's only if he was made "godly". just because he's some super speacial pokemon dosn't mean he has to be invincible. i mean isn't mew2 some "godly" pokemon? he was evened out nicly

kaid

Smash Master
M2 was NOT "Evened out nicely"

In the pokedex, Mewtwo weighs 280-odd pounds or so.

In Melee, Link weighs MUCH more than M2.

M2 is arguably the weakest character in the game.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I think u misunderstood me. my point was that mew2 is supposed 2 be this invincible person, just like doexy, but he was "evened out" and is now ........fightable. lol yah mew2 was a bit more than evened out though. sry, should have said "toned down" or in mew2 case " SEVERELY toned down" hope he get's some of his dignity back in brawl

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Dain is saying that he was Uber (in his game) but didnt translate over like that, and all this talk about making Deoxys :laggy" (lmfao @ that) isnt nessaccary.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
deoxys is the best pokemon that they could put in brawl ( and will hopefully replace pichu) so while im waiting for someone to comment my ridley moveset and some to post in the olimar so i can post my moveset without doublepsoting ill make one for him, please be honest on wat u think about this moveset when u comment on it lol
DownB- randomly transfrom into one of the forms
Attack form B- charge a huge blast like mewtwo does (3%-35%)
Defense form B- shoot out a Psy mean strait forward (4%-15%)
Speed form B- shoots out several tiny shards that stun (4%-6% each)
Normal form B- punches forward (10%-18%)
Attack form B>- sends out a blast that doesnt go far but dizzies any foes who touches it. it travels slowly.
Defense form B>- lifts arms and slams elbows making 2 shockwaves going the designated direction (6%-8%)
Speed form B>- fox's over b but goes farther (3%-5%)
Normal form B>- shoots a shadow ball forward (12%-18%)
^B- mewtwos up B but goes faster but not as high
Attack form Acombo- punches with right(4%-5%) then left (3%-6%) then puts together his arms and pushes forward (5%-7%)
Defense form Acombo- punches with right forward (2%-4%) then punches with left sideways (3%-5%)
Speed form Acombo- kicks(1%-2%)then punches 8 times(1%)
Normal form- punches three times completely straight (2%-4% each hit)
Attack form A>- mewtwo's A> (14%-22%)
Defense form A>- winds fist and uppercuts (12%-20%)
Speed form A>- pulls back hands and releases and makes an energy ball appear and rapidly hits ur enemy (1%-3% per hit)
Normal form A>- kicks forward (13%-19%)
Attack form A^- does mewtwos but its a single hit (9%-18%)
Defense form A^- punches up (8%-16%)
Speed form A^- mewtwos A^ (1%-2% per hit)
Normal form A^- Kicks up (9%-15%)
Attack form Adown-crossess arms and does mewwos but it goes on both side from each hand (8%-12%)
Defense form Adown- does a split and dmgs foes hit hit his legs (7%-15%)
Speed form Adown- same as defense but faster (7%-14%)
Normal form Adown-same as speed but slower but faster then defense (8%-14%)
i dont feel like do the rest, okay the throws are like mewtwos except defense form and his are weaker, and speed and attack form are light, and normal form is mid weight and defense form is heavy there im done

kaid

Smash Master
initial dash animation- Change to speed form. (Fastfalling, light weight, low lag)
Dash attack- Extremespeed

Crouch animation- Defence form transformation. (weight increace, fastfalling, slow)
Downtilt- wrap
Downsmash-
DownB-

Idle/stun animation- transform to Normal form. (normal weight, fairly floaty, decent speed)
uptilt
ftilt
A
Upair
fair
nair
bair
dair

Smash charge, Bmove- Attack form transformation (Power, semi-floaty, normal weight)
B-
^B- Sky Uppercut?
<B-
Upsmash-
Sidesmash-

Any suggestions?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
It would be cool for him to change forms, but I think it'd be more realistic for him to use defense for blocking, speed for dashing and maybe a dash attack, attack for attacking, and normal for other stuff. Deoxys is my favorite pokemon.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
changing forms every time he does something would would make him a godly yet laggy character, which is great.

although having to change forms manualy by some B move or the D-pad would add much more strategy to using deoxys, which is also great. so I guess I'm stuck between the two types. :dizzy:

although I like the whole change forms manualy thing slightly more then the lag, yet godly thing, so I guess manual wins for me slightly though I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member

You've all seen this right?

(BTW, great work on the Lucario Xemnas)

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I haven't. Good photoshop work to who ever did it. However Deoxys' edges are a bit rough above the NewComer Label. However, it looks cool and I think Deoxys would actually be a worthwhile pokemon to add.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hes my fav. pokemon to be in brawl, those form could be attacks, he transforms in speed form to doa quick attack or something, defense to act like kirby's rock form, attack for the psychic attacks, and after a while u transform to normal mode again.

Gamayun

Smash Cadet
I left the pokemon scene before he arrived but he is one of the coolest looking ones i've seen. And with all those transformations i don't see him having a clone. The more unique chars the better i say.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My Deoxys Move Set!

I'M MAKING A MOVESET! WOOOOOOOOO! LOOK 'IT ME GO!

Deoxys

Height: 4/5
Weight; 3/5
Power: 3/5
Speed; 3/5 Floats
Jump: 4/5
Gravity:3/5
Overall: 3/5

B MOVE SET

B- Psybeam- Deoxys's tentacle things swirl around to make a missile hole looking thing, and a beam is forming inside. Hold B for more power and coverage, release B to fire beam.

Foward B- Psyshock- Creates a shock on the end of his tentacle/arm. Lasts as long as Ness's PK Fire does when it hits. Stays in ;lag as long as the move is beign done. Cannot stp once it's done, leaving you open.

Down B- Psywave- Deoxys crouhes and faces the screen, and the area around him gets ripples in it that are as big as a blocking shield. Items and caracters float when they are caught in the Psywave. Wheb ypu let go of B, characters are dropped and lag when getting up so you may make your getaway. Also, items like Boxes and Bob-Ombs will break or explode, spo be careful where you are.

Up B- Substitute- I know, weird mpove for a recovery, right? WRONG! Deoxys will teleport away like Mewtwo, but where Deoxys used to bwe, there is the little Rydon doll that is used in the move ubstitute. The doll is basically a Bob-omb in the form of a little Pokemon. If attacked, the doll will xplode with the force of a Bob-omb. If left lone, the doll will walk around like a Bob-omb. NEAT!

Super Sm,ash Attack- Metrenome- Deoxys performs another characters Super Smash Attack. If a weapon woukd be needed, like Link's "Omnislash" as fans call ity, he would create a replica of the weapon using Psychic force. The weapon would be purple glowing look on it.

W ell, there you have it. Personally, I've never played with or against Deoxys, or seen the m movie. So, if the movelist is out of character, let me know. I used mainly Phsycic attaclks because he is a Phsycic Pokemon after all. Also, he stays in the generic form you see him in, Normal Form

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
That was a nice move set. I think he should turn into a hologram of himself, because he can do that in the movie. It's be so funny, because it's confuse people so much. His ultimate attack should be meteor crash. That is how he came to earth in the movie.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
THNX for the tip about "Meteor Crash". As I said, I never saw the movie, so you helped me a bunch.

SUPER-SMASH ATTACK_ Meteor Crash- Deoxys flies to the top of the stage, and 10 meteors fall. You conjtrol where they go like a Warp Star, and they have the force of Bob-ombs.

THNX again Super Smash Master!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

In my opinion, to make Deoxys stand out, he should change forms by using either of the B-attacks:

B: Normal (does nothing special, except for giving you balanced A-moves)

^B: Speed (gives you a third jump)

>B: Attack (dashes towards your enemy)

vB: Defense (works as a counter, can send projectiles back)

The A-moves would then ajust to the proper form.

However, this could take too much programming time, so just transforming according to the move would be fine too, seeing as the movie also uses this.

By the way, if anyone can provide me with 3D pictures of Deoxys in his other two forms (so far I've only made normal and defense) I would gladly make the pictures. Oh, and if you think you found a better picture for the yet existing ones, please post them too, since I also make alternative versions (look at my Rayman and Krystal pictures).

(By the way, as of now, I'll take request pictures, as long as you provide the 3D pictures.)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
GaryCXJk said:

In my opinion, to make Deoxys stand out, he should change forms by using either of the B-attacks:

B: Normal (does nothing special, except for giving you balanced A-moves)

^B: Speed (gives you a third jump)

>B: Attack (dashes towards your enemy)

vB: Defense (works as a counter, can send projectiles back)
Wouldn't Kirby have, like, 4 different forms just for Deoxys? Thats really my only main problem if a character transformed. However, if your movelist was just temporary transformation to do the techinquem, thats good too.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Dude, what the hell is that thing? the pokemon drawers are getting less and less creative.

Actual thoughts of a guy working on the pokemon drawing boards for the next game:
"Hmm, I'm stumped, this gig really sucks, how much am I getting paid? Oh, look, I'm holding a pencil! Wow, this would make an awesome legendary poke'mon, and I can go home once I'm done." 45 seconds later. "ALrighty, the drawings done, now to just run it through the Genericnameofier 2,000...and...done! Pencilmon it is!"

short answer: looks worse then anything I drew in kindergarden, I say no.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ryu777 said:
Dude, what the hell is that thing? the pokemon drawers are getting less and less creative.

Actual thoughts of a guy working on the pokemon drawing boards for the next game:
"Hmm, I'm stumped, this gig really sucks, how much am I getting paid? Oh, look, I'm holding a pencil! Wow, this would make an awesome legendary poke'mon, and I can go home once I'm done." 45 seconds later. "ALrighty, the drawings done, now to just run it through the Genericnameofier 2,000...and...done! Pencilmon it is!"

short answer: looks worse then anything I drew in kindergarden, I say no.
Ryu777, I'd like todirect you to a certain thread you might enjoy :)

PS: Don't spam

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Wouldn't Kirby have, like, 4 different forms just for Deoxys? Thats really my only main problem if a character transformed. However, if your movelist was just temporary transformation to do the techinquem, thats good too.
Kirby would only copy teh B-ability. In this case, very useless, unless the Normal transformation also had something to it which could be usefull.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
The only way the negative nancy thing applies to me is that I said the char sucks, however, I did give a reason and that reason was that he looked like lump of crap :) I would rater see Blaziken, Heracross, or Tyranitar.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I do need to say that Deoxys' appearance is all but random.

First, let's look at his normal appearance. He looks all red and blue. While I don't know exactly what they represent, I do know that a certain base pair in DNA is commonly accociated with the colours red and blue, most probably due to the fact that they would react to that specific colour without having the other bases getting the same colour.

While he doesn't always have the double helix in his normal form, the double helix is also a refference to the double helix in DNA. Normal form mostly is depicted with the double helix anyway.

Attack form has the same colour scheme. The only differences are the spikey figures. Also, the double helix is unwound, much like how a double helix can break apart to duplicate itself (with the use of RNA). The spikeyness is there to show it's an attack form, because spikes are mostly associated with attacking anyway.

Defense form also has an unwound helix, but now the strings are flattened, to bring out more protection. The whole form doesn't have many pointy spots. Both represent the shell-like nature of the form. The arms are obviously there for protection in this case.

Speed form gets rid of the double strings to make place for one string, and the whole form looks more streamlined.

Now, about the name, it's a refference to DNA, which actually means Deoxyribonucleic Acid. Not so random now, is it?

Ryu777

Smash Ace
1) Dude, I just recently have gone through tenth grade biology (A average), I realized the connection between the "deoxy" in his name and his double helix arms, it dosent exactly take a college education to realize this.

2) pencilmon thing was a joke

3) STill think he looks like crap. Mewtwo looks far cooler (if you cna classify any poke' as cool)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ryu777 said:
The only way the negative nancy thing applies to me is that I said the char sucks, however, I did give a reason and that reason was that he looked like lump of crap :) I would rater see Blaziken, Heracross, or Tyranitar.
Oh, so sorry, it just that your right, you give LOTS of evidence that supports your reason. I'm sorry for mistaking you, sir.
]

Like THAT'S a real reason

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Ryu777 said:
1) Dude, I just recently have gone through tenth grade biology (A average), I realized the connection between the "deoxy" in his name and his double helix arms, it dosent exactly take a college education to realize this.

2) pencilmon thing was a joke

3) STill think he looks like crap. Mewtwo looks far cooler (if you cna classify any poke' as cool)
How about this?

If you seem to know how Pokémon should be designed, why won't you draw a DNA-based Pokémon and do it better?

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
I would so love to see Deoxys in Brawl, that would be wicked. But instead of transforming as an attack, maybe he could transform when he attacks. Basically, when he's standing still, he's normal. But his B moves change his appearance, B tilt he changes into speed and does his speedy attack, B down he changes into defense and reflects stuff, and B he changes into attack and does psycho boost or something. That would be cooler. :) But I don't mind if he has to transform to do something, just as long as it doesn't take too long, or if he gets hit the transformation is cancelled.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Honestly Ryu just give up. You aren't contributing anything to the topic and you are preventing the topic from expanding. Also your homemade pokemon is just rube and very immature. Yes they are kinda running out of design options with pokemon but they don't really have many more types of pokemon to make.

Anywho Deoxys is good but i prefer the 'he-transforms-as-he-performs-an-action' idea in which as he attacks (attack form), he has a sheild out (defence form), he is running or jumping (speed form), everything else (normal form). He is after all a virus and viruses adapt to surroundings and actions.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Why thank you for a brilliant objection tirkaro ;)

I guess the question is now; how would he change instantly during actions? My guess would be that for about half a second during his movements he would change this would not slow him down any, he would just be changing as he attacks not before.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know that Luvdisc was actually based on an existing species. I thought he was just fully made up design.

Now what attacks should our little virus have. I haven't ever had one on the game because I haven't bought an action replay yet. I know he has one called psycho boost but what does it do?

Top Bottom